ADVERTISEMENT

Donnie the President to remain as producer of Celebrity Apprentice.

WVMade

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2016
Donnie Trump will not give up his role as an executive producer of The Celebrity Apprentice, the reality TV show’s studio said on Thursday, confirming a continuing business entanglement of the president-elect but not its details.

The president-elect has refused to make a clean break from his sprawling and opaque business interests, instead exploring what legal loopholes could allow his daughter and son-in-law, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, to play roles of some kind in the government. He reportedly intends to keep a stake in his company, while formally handing control to his two adult sons, Eric and Donald Jr. He has so far declined to fully divest from the holdings, as the Office of Government Ethics has advised, and threatens to test the limits of US law on conflicts of interest.

During the presidential election, Trump’s campaign falsely said that handing control to his children would serve as a “blind trust”. Since beginning transition work with the Obama administration, Trump has met with Indian business partners, his Washington hotel has courted diplomats, and his potential interests in Taiwan and Argentina come under scrutiny.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/08/donald-trump-celebrity-apprentice-executive-producer
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/08/donald-trump-celebrity-apprentice-executive-producer

Donnie Trump will not give up his role as an executive producer of The Celebrity Apprentice, the reality TV show’s studio said on Thursday, confirming a continuing business entanglement of the president-elect but not its details.

The president-elect has refused to make a clean break from his sprawling and opaque business interests, instead exploring what legal loopholes could allow his daughter and son-in-law, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, to play roles of some kind in the government. He reportedly intends to keep a stake in his company, while formally handing control to his two adult sons, Eric and Donald Jr. He has so far declined to fully divest from the holdings, as the Office of Government Ethics has advised, and threatens to test the limits of US law on conflicts of interest.

During the presidential election, Trump’s campaign falsely said that handing control to his children would serve as a “blind trust”. Since beginning transition work with the Obama administration, Trump has met with Indian business partners, his Washington hotel has courted diplomats, and his potential interests in Taiwan and Argentina come under scrutiny.

Today's word is emoluments....a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office. We'll be hearing more about that in a month or so.

Don't misconstrue my comments even those that obsess over me and constantly post dishonest crap always will. I never root for any failure of the government. I very rarely ever say someone else should resign or should be fired over an individual action. With all that being said, the way Trump is positioning himself with his past business interests will get himself impeached and will cause much turmoil within the government. His actions of not divesting is very bad and he will lose this battle. It will not surprise me if he continues believing he can keep business interests at the same time as being President (which is exactly what he accused Clinton as SoS and the nuts bitched about for years and now are hypocritically silent.....big surprise) will lead to him being the second President to resign from office. And that won't be good for the country but unfortunately the country deserves it for voting this numbskull into office.

Don't misconstrue my comments even those that obsess over me and constantly post dishonest crap always will. I never root for any failure of the government. I very rarely ever say someone else should resign or should be fired over an individual action. With all that being said, the way Trump is positioning himself with his past business interests will get himself impeached and will cause much turmoil within the government. His actions of not divesting is very bad and he will lose this battle. It will not surprise me if he continues believing he can keep business interests at the same time as being President (which is exactly what he accused Clinton as SoS and the nuts bitched about for years and now are hypocritically silent.....big surprise) will lead to him being the second President to resign from office. And that won't be good for the country but unfortunately the country deserves it for voting this numbskull into office.
I have no idea what will happen but it will get interesting once he's in office. He'll start getting more push back on various issues from the media, Democratic (and Republican) congresspersons and others, so much that he won't be able to tweet them down. The emoluments clause could cause him real legal issues that he can't bluster or bully his way out of. It's all up to him as to how this goes. I kind of hate to see it as it could be a huge problem for the country but let the cards fall where they may.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT