ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think it's time

Motown Mounty

All-American
May 29, 2001
Since Marshall fans seem to be starting to understand that they play Little League ball and WVU is much, much more prestigious than they are and that Marshall will never catch us, maybe it is time to close this board, redecorate and open under a new name. I am thinking of changing it from the "Woodshed" to the "Closet". We could invite Marshall fans to come here, get a new name, and just talk about how great WVU is without them being found out? I think it would be positive and would give all of the closet WVU fans a way to express themselves. Thoughts?

Marshall fans are no fun any more since last summer when they imagined themselves having the premier football program in the state. Since then I've seen happier crowds at a funeral home. Don't expect much from them until we lose a game and then they will be back in full force.

Last edited:
We could invite Marshall fans to come here, get a new name, and just talk about how great WVU is without them being found out? Thoughts?
With 35,765 posts, and only 67 likes, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to get a new name, or perhaps better yet, work on your game to where you're not a constant snore bore.

With 35,765 posts, and only 67 likes, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to get a new name, or perhaps better yet, work on your game to where you're not a constant snore bore.

Give Mo a break. All he is doing is offering you an opportunity to jump on another bandwagon and be a three teamer. Since you're already a two teamer it wouldn't be much of a stretch for you.

Give Mo a break. All he is doing is offering you an opportunity to jump on another bandwagon and be a three teamer. Since you're already a two teamer it wouldn't be much of a stretch for you.
I actually have a bunch of teams. Besides Big Blue, I'm also a fan of ANY TEAM that plays you fools.

Since Marshall fans seem to be starting to understand that they play Little League ball and WVU is much, much more prestigious than they are and that Marshall will never catch us, maybe it is time to close this board, redecorate and open under a new name. I am thinking of changing it from the "Woodshed" to the "Closet". We could invite Marshall fans to come here, get a new name, and just talk about how great WVU is without them being found out? I think it would be positive and would give all of the closet WVU fans a way to express themselves. Thoughts?
Since C-USA and the Big 12 are both irrelevant come Playoff time...maybe we could call it the irrelevant board!

Since C-USA and the Big 12 are both irrelevant come Playoff time...maybe we could call it the irrelevant board!

An undefeated Big XII team would certainly be in the playoff picture. An undefeated CUSA team will be rewarded with a bowl that doesn't pay enough to cover the travel costs involved.

Depends on how the Conferences with playoffs wind up..no question no playoffs is hurting the Big 12!

Every member of the Big XII received $34.8 million this year. That's more than the ACC paid their member teams even though an ACC team won the playoff. Your claim that the Big XII is hurting is greatly exaggerated.

Every member of the Big XII received $34.8 million this year. That's more than the ACC paid their member teams even though an ACC team won the playoff. Your claim that the Big XII is hurting is greatly exaggerated.
Money isn't the issue....it's getting into the playoffs , no conference Championship victory impedes access to the playoffs. It has done so in the past and will continue to do so until the league expands and adds a Championship game!

Money isn't the issue....it's getting into the playoffs , no conference Championship victory impedes access to the playoffs. It has done so in the past and will continue to do so until the league expands and adds a Championship game!
You know the B12 has a championship game this year with the top 2 teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT