ADVERTISEMENT

Do we still have a board member tailgate?

no...they were a hoot..we used to meet and play golf every Friday before the first game, usually around 60 people..Jim Sweezy used to organize it.. after golf a dinner and door prizes..prime rib@ Lakeview the cost was around $65 for golf and dinnr..then on Sat we would meet and there was a WVsports.com flag in the blue lot where the tent was set up..Jamie would go around 5 am and find a spot..it was a great tailgate..hot dogs, hamburgers, potato soup, kegs etc..just make a donation and eat and drink...very nice for those who had to travel a good distance to get to the games..I've met at least 100 folks who post or have posted on this site.

Last edited:
I w
no...they were a hoot..we used to meet and play golf every Friday before the first game, usually around 32 people..Jim Sweezy used to organize it.. after golf a dinner and door prizes..prime rib the cost was around $65..then on Sat we would meet and there was a WVsports.com flag in the blue lot where the tent was set up..Jamie would go around 5 am and find a spot..it was a great tailgate..hot dogs, hamburgers, potato soup, kegs etc..just make a donation and eat and drink...very nice for those who had to travel a good distance to get to the games..I've met at least 100 folks who post or have posted on this site.
i would love to meet some of the people who post on this board. Some for entertainment value of course, but it would just be neat to put faces to these anonymous names.

I w

i would love to meet some of the people who post on this board. Some for entertainment value of course, but it would just be neat to put faces to these anonymous names.
yes, yours would certainly be of entertainment value lol

I used to belong to a cigar related board that no longer exists. We used to have regional meet-ups on a regular basis, we called them "herfs". The bigger ones involved cookouts in the parking lots of the various JR Cigar Outlets up and down the East Coast.They were a blast and nearly always, guys who couldn't stand each other on the JR BB, would leave as buddies.

(Of course, the same guys would be back at each others throats on the board within a few days, but that's the way of the internet.)

There was a guy who used to post here who went to regional herfs of another cigar board a lot of us headed to after the JRBB shut down '02. He was real good guy and a WVU grad to boot.

I've always enjoyed things like that.

yes, yours would certainly be of entertainment value lol
I'll give it to you. You give it all you got. You just don't have much to work with. It is no fun having a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
I used to belong to a cigar related board that no longer exists. We used to have regional meet-ups on a regular basis, we called them "herfs". The bigger ones involved cookouts in the parking lots of the various JR Cigar Outlets up and down the East Coast.They were a blast and nearly always, guys who couldn't stand each other on the JR BB, would leave as buddies.

(Of course, the same guys would be back at each others throats on the board within a few days, but that's the way of the internet.)

There was a guy who used to post here who went to regional herfs of another cigar board a lot of us headed to after the JRBB shut down '02. He was real good guy and a WVU grad to boot.

I've always enjoyed things like that.
I imagine that is how things would go. I'm guessing that some of those I have most of the disagreements with would be some I have most in common with. I would love to see something like this again.

I w

really good people..Jamie Summerlin, a former Marine, ran over 3,000 miles in 100 days to raise money for the Wounded Warriors..I think he put his foot in the Pacific @ Oregon, and 100 days later in the Atlantic @ Annapolis Md..

It's a great idea to re-instate...imo most of the folk on this board seem like good people...of course there are more than a few asshats as well...I'd purchase a Blue Lot subscription if it included a WVSports tailgate...seriously!

2b7473610ced33b23050fcdfe6f8900e.gif

Internet+fights_3bdb74_3939209.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT