ADVERTISEMENT

DJTs Afghanistan speech...

no more rebuilding...

Pakistan better buckle up...

Last edited:
I think that you said this tongue in cheek. you've seen the horror of war, you do want it over or manageable.
It's manageable now, I mean if you count ceding control of major chunks of territory back to the Taliban. But seriously, it's not that bad there, and we have a fairly small presence. I know the advisors I've spoken to want it ramped back up though, as no one believes in the Afg's ability to stabilize a government or maintain an organized and modern military. It's just not the culture. They've been a guerilla force for millenias, like they're going to change now, especially after being successful for millenias in breaking the backs of major historical campaigns.

Alexander, The Khan Dynasty, USSR, etc.

Reactions: mneilmont
It's manageable now, I mean if you count ceding control of major chunks of territory back to the Taliban. But seriously, it's not that bad there, and we have a fairly small presence. I know the advisors I've spoken to want it ramped back up though, as no one believes in the Afg's ability to stabilize a government or maintain an organized and modern military. It's just not the culture. They've been a guerilla force for millenias, like they're going to change now, especially after being successful for millenias in breaking the backs of major historical campaigns.

Alexander, The Khan Dynasty, USSR, etc.
Maybe we should just nuke the mountain passes and make them impenetrable and that takes some pressure off Pakistan.

Trump has no plan but that's no surprise. Since the Taliban won't ever give it up, how can any invading army ever win with out taking up residence there? Just hand it over to the existing gov't, declare victory and get the hell out.

Trump has no plan but that's no surprise. Since the Taliban won't ever give it up, how can any invading army ever win with out taking up residence there? Just hand it over to the existing gov't, declare victory and get the hell out.
Sheeewwwwwww

You learned nothing from Obama's failure in Iraq did you? Waaait, what am I thinking? You don't acknowledge there were failures by Obama, no wonder you'd advocate such a ridiculous fvcking plan.

Sheeewwwwwww

You learned nothing from Obama's failure in Iraq did you? Waaait, what am I thinking? You don't acknowledge there were failures by Obama, no wonder you'd advocate such a ridiculous fvcking plan.
Well let's hear your plan Mr. Know-It-All....

I wouldn't want to be in the way of the US Military at this point in History. Decisions in the field, new rules of engagement; just blustery talk? Hmmm.

Well let's hear your plan Mr. Know-It-All....
I've said it on here numerous times. Reset America's expectations with the reality of us having no plans of pulling out. Begin to build up established bases there similar to the rest of the forward deployed world. Make it know that we have no intention of leaving, ever.

After that, pull in the necessary troops to continue assisting the AFG military and police force in taking over. That's probably a 10-20 year project in and of itself. Use AFG as our new testing grounds for every little whiz bang and pop widget developed. All of the airborne SIGINT stuff, all of the ELINT stuff, just test it there. Setup rotations into AFG similar to what we do with Okinawa, what we did with Saudi and Kuwait, what we do with Korean etc.

Honestly, I think just making it known that we're never planning to leave would have a positive impact. Right now, the Taliban is just waiting for us to go to move back in. If it's known we aren't leaving, they'll have a long wait. In the mean time, we keep working on schools and all of the peacenik hippy shit that BoomBoom loves. We'll continue to be attacked, but that's expected, we just have to take it in stride.

I've said it on here numerous times. Reset America's expectations with the reality of us having no plans of pulling out. Begin to build up established bases there similar to the rest of the forward deployed world. Make it know that we have no intention of leaving, ever.

After that, pull in the necessary troops to continue assisting the AFG military and police force in taking over. That's probably a 10-20 year project in and of itself. Use AFG as our new testing grounds for every little whiz bang and pop widget developed. All of the airborne SIGINT stuff, all of the ELINT stuff, just test it there. Setup rotations into AFG similar to what we do with Okinawa, what we did with Saudi and Kuwait, what we do with Korean etc.

Honestly, I think just making it known that we're never planning to leave would have a positive impact. Right now, the Taliban is just waiting for us to go to move back in. If it's known we aren't leaving, they'll have a long wait. In the mean time, we keep working on schools and all of the peacenik hippy shit that BoomBoom loves. We'll continue to be attacked, but that's expected, we just have to take it in stride.
Never leaving? oh great. Your plan sucks.

Great post, and certainly not what river rat 49er Moe wanted to hear.

Never leaving? oh great. Your plan sucks.
Yea, I mean why would we want stability in that country and to deny a staging ground for terrorism, let alone box Iran in on 2 sides? That's cray cray, amiright?

I say TOTALLY OUT NOW !!!! Fuk Afghanistan.
That's fine, just be prepared to go back in inside of 5 years because they are exporting terror at a cyclic rate. Cmon guys, think bigger picture here. Why repeat the same failure that we just went through with Iraq and Syria? That's not smart.

That's fine, just be prepared to go back in inside of 5 years because they are exporting terror at a cyclic rate. Cmon guys, think bigger picture here. Why repeat the same failure that we just went through with Iraq and Syria? That's not smart.
Shouldn't be a problem for the U.S.A. if Trump gets his extreme vetting and immigration policies implemented. And fuk Irag and Syria as well.....let the idiots in Europe deal with the clusterfuk they created.

Yet another failed campaign promise from Trump while he kicks the can down the road. Your new prez in 2020 will get to make the call then.

Yet another failed campaign promise from Trump while he kicks the can down the road. Your new prez in 2020 will get to make the call then.
I'm not even sure why we're still there, Odumbdumb campaigned on us leaving as well in 08, then in 12, he blustered about them being on the run as they were taking ground in AFG, retaking Iraq, completely destabilizing the entire Middle East, and growing exponentially in South East Asia.

I think it's funny that these guys are held to different standards, moreover, I think it's funny that they even set themselves up to be criticized by running their mouths about something they have no clue about. Odumbdumd thankfully saw the light, after the election and his rubes swallowed what he gave them. Seems Trump is smartening up as well.

lol...

DH3L9t0XgAAXP-7.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT