ADVERTISEMENT

Did Shane Lyons tip his hand?

SeronimusPratt

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Parts Unknown
Casazza wrote an article for another site where Lyons stated "if our expenses are $2 million less than the revenue, great. We're going to put that into the reserve and hold onto it when we need it."

Needless to say if DH were to get fired, BIG money will be offered to the next guy from the money they are putting aside...

Casazza wrote an article for another site where Lyons stated "if our expenses are $2 million less than the revenue, great. We're going to put that into the reserve and hold onto it when we need it."

Needless to say if DH were to get fired, BIG money will be offered to the next guy from the money they are putting aside...
I read several weeks ago, Lyons was putting money in reserve in case the day comes we're left out of Power 5 reshuffling and that TV $$ flow ends. I don't even like to consider the possibility.

How on earth did you connect those dots that way haha? WVU can do way worse than DH. He is significantly better coach than the next low level D1 or Coordinator that would follow him. Some should be careful what they wish for.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Lyons did an interview with Greg Hunter and I thought really put
the pressure on Dana talking about how he thought this year
would be very special for Mountaineer Football. He also discussed
the season ticket sales and pointed out it was a problem across the
country. He did expect mini-packages and single game sales to
do well. But the remarks on how he expected a very good year
just seemed to be sending a message to Dana.

Reactions: pressvirginia
We often project things onto others when we have repressed anger, guilt, shame, or other emotions that we’ve convinced ourselves are bad and that don’t have a right to exist.

BIG money to begin a rebuilding program to get us back to our current level within a decade. Sounds like a very questionable managerial and financial plan. And, even with the proposal of such gargantuan spending for the 'next guy', whom do we anticipate that super, experienced, successful coach will be? I suspect we stagger down the ladder to a former, aging 'has been' or a one season 'flash in the pan' small school/conference success story or another coordinator/position coach liked by a few willing to wait a year or two for his greatness (and becoming his worst enemy when the anticipated success fails to materialize within the first two or three.) Lots of money and time waisted because of the unreasonableness of numerous know it all types with huge vocal cavities. Maybe far better to swallow our unreasonably critical attitude and accept that we have a very decent program and a Head Coach who may soon be lured away by others who appreciate what he offers currently and far into the future rather than driven away by animus, ill founded and quite unreasonable when all pertinent considerations are factored in.

Lyons tipped his hand about as much as a gypsy fortune teller does when she looks into her crystal ball. LMAO.

Maybe far better to swallow our unreasonably critical attitude and accept that we have a very decent program and a Head Coach who may soon be lured away by others who appreciate what he offers currently and far into the future rather than driven away by animus, ill founded and quite unreasonable when all pertinent considerations are factored in.

LOL...you may have set a world record for the longest, most rambling, multiple subject sentence in history!

So, according to your thinking...WVU should just accept being mediocre and gauge success by meaningless desert bowl game standards? Tell your boss that and see if he or she things "good enough" is well...good enough. lol x2

I think that's a rainy-day fund that all responsible financial people do. No particular target for spending it at this time. Spectulation is an American pastime, though.

why do you think we’ll be left out? Did you hear it on ESPN? Do you really think $2 million is going to make a difference?

We're saving for our new entrance fee for another conference if the Big 12 should collapse. We will probably join TCU in MWC since we like to travel.

Reactions: Rootmaster

I can't see us offering big money to anyone unless its and established power 5 HC. If coach Dana were let go. I would suspect we would hire someone who is coaching at a non power 5 school or an assistant from a power 5 school. The salary would probably be similar to what other power 5 schools at wvu's level are paying who have recently hired someone new.

I can't see us offering big money to anyone unless its and established power 5 HC. If coach Dana were let go. I would suspect we would hire someone who is coaching at a non power 5 school or an assistant from a power 5 school. The salary would probably be similar to what other power 5 schools at wvu's level are paying who have recently hired someone new.
Holding for a rainy day, as to fund a contract buy out.

I read several weeks ago, Lyons was putting money in reserve in case the day comes we're left out of Power 5 reshuffling and that TV $$ flow ends. I don't even like to consider the possibility.
He can't put that much money away. If we are out of the Power 5, we're headed for the morgue.

Loss of Power 5 status ends, what we know today, of the Mountaineer football and basketball experience. No relevance, no television exposure, no attendance, minor league product and operation. See Cincinnati and Connecticut for details.

ADVERTISEMENT