ADVERTISEMENT

Did PSU release a statement this morning re; Paterno

MikeRafone

All-Conference
Oct 5, 2011
knowing of Sandusky assaulting with boys as far back as '76? A fella just asked me if I'd heard anything regarding it. Something to with depositions in regards to questions from PSU insurers in 2012.

Don't have a link but it's on the Washington Post's website. The AD apparently knew in the 80's, too.

Looks bad for the Nits. This went all the way to the AD's office a decade before anyone claimed to have knowledge of Sandusky's activities in 1998.

Does the NCAA go after them again? I would think they would have to if this proves to be true.

Reactions: Piranha
Yahoo Sports is reporting that both Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley were aware of the situation in the 90's, with Bradley knowing from the 80's on, per McQueary's testimony in the documents. McQueary and Bradley were roommates at the time of McQueary's spotting Sandusky in the shower with the kid and on McQueary's telling him, Bradley supposedly said he'd first heard about it in the 80's, with Schiano coming directly to Bradley in the 90's after catching Sandusky in the act with another kid.

Schiano has issued a denial. This is going to get very ugly as more of the released documents come to light over the next few days.

This revelation should be no surprise.

Coaches spend so much time together. It would be impossible for members of those staffs not to know the crimes Sandusky was committing or at least suspect and talk amongst themselves. Over 3 decades the PSU folks and Paterno's family really expect the general public to believe no one knew this Sandusky was a sick freak.

When McQuearey saw the kid being sodomised in the shower in the Lasche Building, PSU was in the midst of what 3 or 4 losing seasons in 4 or 5 years. You really think that didn't play a contributing factor why Paterno, Spanier, Curley, etc didn't guarantee there was any serious investigation. The police in Waco did better investigations. There's also still a missing prosecutor since the early 00s who was investigating this. There's way too much bad stuff in that part of PA.

Imo Paterno and his staffs were dirtier than anything to ever come out of the U, SMU, or any SEC head coach. The stuff at Baylor didn't go on for 30 years and there talking lack of institutional control. How was PSU different?

Reactions: GoWVU and Piranha
It's on all the crawlers on the morning TV news shows. I can't believe the folks at PSU are still in denial over the mess.

Do we really want them back on the schedule?

Reactions: GoWVU
knowing of Sandusky assaulting with boys as far back as '76? A fella just asked me if I'd heard anything regarding it. Something to with depositions in regards to questions from PSU insurers in 2012.

The only new info is Tom Bradley and Greg Schiano knew too. Did WVU release a statement about their former DC who covered up child abuse?

What do you think the NCAA should do to OSU, WVU and UCLA since coaches on their staff's knew and did nothing?

I don't see how Joe Pa could have not done anything or at least fired Sandusky and got him the hell out of State College?!? Just plain creepy.

Fire him? He was not even working. He was no longer part of the program. Bradley took his job. WVU hired Bradley. How did you not know? Pretty creepy that you think everyone knew except the guy you hired.

I don't see any realistic chance that school gets punished any more than it already has, let alone a death penalty.

Punishment is over. Nothing more will come of it but a few more schools will be exposed. Larry Johnson at OSU also knew.

Looks bad for the Nits. This went all the way to the AD's office a decade before anyone claimed to have knowledge of Sandusky's activities in 1998.

Does the NCAA go after them again? I would think they would have to if this proves to be true.

Not really. The only new info is former WVU DC and current OSU DC also knew. It went to the ADs office but it also turns out that the police actually investigated some of those cases and found nothing.

Fire him? He was not even working. He was no longer part of the program. Bradley took his job. WVU hired Bradley. How did you not know? Pretty creepy that you think everyone knew except the guy you hired.

Correct, he was no longer employed under Paterno. However, he did still have access to PSU facilities and I believe an office on campus.

He was still around the program when he should have been in jail years earlier, except no one at PSU ever picked up the phone and turned him in.

Reactions: GoWVU
Not really. The only new info is former WVU DC and current OSU DC also knew. It went to the ADs office but it also turns out that the police actually investigated some of those cases and found nothing.

What it shows is the culture problem was exactly what everyone thought it was (toxic, secretive and fearful), from top, down and reinforces the problems at PSU.

You can try all you want to make this a tOSu problem, or a WVU or UCLA or Rutgers problem, but this was a PSU problem, born and breed in State College and Sandusky was active on PSU campus right up until he was indicted.

If someone, let alone an old friend of mine gave a deposition stating I knew about a pedophile in my workplace (or witnessed abuse), and stated that I told him about these incidents in person, to his face, and subsequently that deposition was opened and I found myself under public scrutiny for those allegations, and I KNEW it was all a lie...and that NONE of it occurred.....I would immediately issue a statement calling that person a liar, and file a lawsuit against him, period.

So, does anyone want to make a wager on whether or not Schiano or Bradley sue MM?

I think they will not. And that speaks louder than any statement to the media.

Reactions: countryroads89
What it shows is the culture problem was exactly what everyone thought it was (toxic, secretive and fearful), from top, down and reinforces the problems at PSU.

You can try all you want to make this a tOSu problem, or a WVU or UCLA or Rutgers problem, but this was a PSU problem, born and breed in State College and Sandusky was active on PSU campus right up until he was indicted.

And on top of that, the fans screamed in protest of the penalties being too harsh. If they had any decency, they would have shut their traps and hung their heads in shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT