ADVERTISEMENT

Diamond formation

Chazz Michael Michaels

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2009
was not a huge fan of Holgs’ diamond formation. But, would that sometimes help our current running probs?

I’d really prefer we have a dual threat qb. I love Grier and his ability but wvu has historically done better with mobile qbs. I’m hoping trey Lowe could be that next year.
How many times did Pat or Major save us with a third down run when there was no other option.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Pat and Major would have chewed this team up and forced them to stop blitzing.

I was a little surprised that we didn't put Lowe into the game to rock their game plan. A mobile QB could have changed their defense plans. Hard to replace Will, but a change up may have changed the momentum.

Really good point. It would be interesting to see if the staff going forward puts in a package for him. He can play in 4 games and still redshirt.

QUOTE="eerswvu, post: 2136210, member: 2338"]I was a little surprised that we didn't put Lowe into the game to rock their game plan. A mobile QB could have changed their defense plans. Hard to replace Will, but a change up may have changed the momentum.[/QUOTE]

There are two chances for Will to get that Heisman; slim and none and slim just left the room.

Grier wasn't going to win it anyway no matter how great his stats were. Since 1995 every Heisman winner has come from a blue blood school except Lamar Jackson and Robert Griffin. There were way too many good players this season from blue blood schools for Will to beat out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT