ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware State or Va Tech?

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
Who do you boys open up with this year? I guess I could google it, but then no reason to get to the jest of my thread.

Va Tech will likely be favored, something like 3-4 points, but this one is a hard one to bet on, as it could go in many directions. You boys going to ask for the coaches head if you drop this one?

Who do you boys open up with this year? I guess I could google it, but then no reason to get to the jest of my thread.

Va Tech will likely be favored, something like 3-4 points, but this one is a hard one to bet on, as it could go in many directions. You boys going to ask for the coaches head if you drop this one?
I'll root for WVU in that one but if I was to take a financial position , I'd have to bet VPI. Love the Mounties chances against Delaware State, don't think that bunch has won more than one game in the last three seasons.

I'll root for WVU in that one but if I was to take a financial position , I'd have to bet VPI. Love the Mounties chances against Delaware State, don't think that bunch has won more than one game in the last three seasons.

That Delaware State game is going to drag down our overall strength of schedule in much the same way as if we were playing Marshall instead.

That Delaware State game is going to drag down our overall strength of schedule in much the same way as if we were playing Marshall instead.
You boys don't care about that in football...just looking for an easy win with no return game! Guess you found it!

You boys don't care about that in football...just looking for an easy win with no return game! Guess you found it!

You seem especially sensitive toward P-5's scheduling games with lessers and not giving a return game. Could it be because the only way Marshall can schedule a P-5 team is to agree to the same terms ?

You seem especially sensitive toward P-5's scheduling games with lessers and not giving a return game. Could it be because the only way Marshall can schedule a P-5 team is to agree to the same terms ?
Most G-5 deals these days are two for one with a return game. I-AA's ( Delaware State) will come for a check. WVU 52 Delaware State 0.

Most G-5 deals these days are two for one with a return game. I-AA's ( Delaware State) will come for a check. WVU 52 Delaware State 0.

If that's the case then someone down at Marshall isn't doing their job in regards to scheduling P-5's to visit Huntington. Either that or all the P-5's are "skeered" to play there. Seems that Marshall is nearly always the visiting team on the rare occasion that they schedule a P-5.

If that's the case then someone down at Marshall isn't doing their job in regards to scheduling P-5's to visit Huntington. Either that or all the P-5's are "skeered" to play there. Seems that Marshall is nearly always the visiting team on the rare occasion that they schedule a P-5.
No, we got P-5's coming to town in the future. Aren't you boys going to ECU in the near future? Good luck with the Pirates!

No, we got P-5's coming to town in the future. Aren't you boys going to ECU in the near future? Good luck with the Pirates!

We have P-5's visit our place every year. Been that way for a long time. How'd that Louisville game work out for you last year ?

Nobody but Penn State beats a team for 30 consecutive seasons...any guesses on the victim?

We are well aware of how Penn State dominated us a few decades ago. Why do you insist that you had the same type of domination over Louisville ? And while we're at it how long has it been since Marshall beat WVU in anything ?

We are well aware of how Penn State dominated us a few decades ago. Why do you insist that you had the same type of domination over Louisville ? And while we're at it how long has it been since Marshall beat WVU in anything ?
To my knowledge we don't play WVU in anything....1-800- THE -HERD if you want to play!

You didn't play Louisville for years either but that didn't stop you from bragging about them not beating you for 30 years.
I just repeat historical facts but that had no bearing the game in 2016....just because you own somebody doesn't mean you'll beat them today! All games start at 0-0!

You didn't play Louisville for years either but that didn't stop you from bragging about them not beating you for 30 years.

I guess when you look at it that way, we are doing Marshall a favor. They can brag "you haven't beaten us in X years."

I guess when you look at it that way, we are doing Marshall a favor. They can brag "you haven't beaten us in X years."

No doubt that Tony and his kind take pride in the fact that we haven't beaten them since the last time we played.

ADVERTISEMENT