ADVERTISEMENT

DEFEND THIS!

Well we held ourselves to 14 points and negative yards. Too bad we couldn't do it to the opposing team.

Guys, everyone is just posting off emotion.

We aren't that bad. We aren't that good, either.

When you're Bama or OSU, you are used to being in the top 5 or so. Pressure doesnt build up on you like it does teams that arent there often, like us. When times get tough, Bama and OSU buckle down and get the job done. It might be ugly as crap but it gets done. We, on the other hand, fold like a cheap accordion. We cant handle it and it gets the better of us every time.

Reactions: Phil and 4everloyal
Guys, everyone is just posting off emotion.

We aren't that bad. We aren't that good, either.

When you're Bama or OSU, you are used to being in the top 5 or so. Pressure doesnt build up on you like it does teams that arent there often, like us. When times get tough, Bama and OSU buckle down and get the job done. It might be ugly as crap but it gets done. We, on the other hand, fold like a cheap accordion. We cant handle it and it gets the better of us every time.

We have what many have said is the "deepest" WVU team in years........a QB that most say was the best we've ever had, and 3 WR's that were all putting up 100 yard games.........

.......and we got beat down and gained 155 yards against the "staunch" Iowa State defense. :chairshot:......this isn't emotion......this is exactly what it should be.......THE TRUTH.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
We have what many have said is the "deepest" WVU team in years........a QB that most say was the best we've ever had, and 3 WR's that were all putting up 100 yard games.........

.......and we got beat down and gained 155 yards against the "staunch" Iowa State defense. :chairshot:......this isn't emotion......this is exactly what it should be.......THE TRUTH.

Sure. But we still arent that good. We could never compete with Bama. We're still pretty good though. Good enough to win the league with a little luck, grit, and determination. We'll just see if we have what it takes.

Sure. But we still arent that good. We could never compete with Bama. We're still pretty good though. Good enough to win the league with a little luck, grit, and determination. We'll just see if we have what it takes.
There's nothing left to see. This team isn't coming close to winning the conference.

The point is that without elite guys, the only way to compete is with grit and determination. Like how the basketball team played the last 2 years. Dana's teams never consistently show grit, determination, or discipline throughout a season. Unless something that WVU has not shown all season pops up, WVU ddefinitely drops 2 more with 4 more being not all that unlikely.

I have said the lack of depth at corner back and linebacker would be an issue and it is now

I have said the lack of depth at corner back and linebacker would be an issue and it is now

The issue is the supposed high flying offense WVU is supposed to have. Going into the season it was expected that we'd have to outscore some teams to win and if 7 effing points is the best we can do against a team that gave up 42 to Oklahoma State, the defense is the least of the worries

Reactions: AllEers6
The issue is the supposed high flying offense WVU is supposed to have. Going into the season it was expected that we'd have to outscore some teams to win and if 7 effing points is the best we can do against a team that gave up 42 to Oklahoma State, the defense is the least of the worries

Agreed. Sometimes teams design their defense to take away what you are good at. In this case, ISU decided to take away the longer throws by combining a safety over the top to go along with a safety blitz. We just refused to take what they were giving us - the underneath routes and the flats.

I think we are too impatient and maybe perhaps believe too much of the hype. It was going to cost us at some point. That point was last night. That's good in a way because now we can take the off week to work on some things that go against those tendencies and come back for the stretch run wide open.

I can hope anyway.

Just seems that other teams figure out how to defend us by about this every year and then we don’t adjust and do anything different. Hence the November melt down.

On a positive note, we always get a chnace to redeem ourselves against a Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma ,Texas, etc the following week, versus the days of old where we’d look to bounce back against Rutgers, UConn, Cincy, etc.

Id sure like to see our coaches elevate, adjust and perform the season through, but I’d take where we are today versus where we were before the Big XII

I’d take 13-9 RR and certainly Dandy Don over Dana.

I know..not cool.
Any would do better. I have tried to give DH as much rope as I can, but all I have done is hang myself. This is his 8th year and with limited exception, his teams do not improve during the season, we lack in basic football fundamentals, and never play with fire. Consequently we have become moribund as a program and stuck in the mire of mediocrity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT