ADVERTISEMENT

Dear WVU Beat Writers

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
I understand this was the first week writers had the chance to formally interview Bartlett and ask questions about his loss, tho Im sure most of the writers who closely follow the team already knew. While I also understand Brown mentioned it as a tribute to Bartlett's ability to overcome significant adversity and use it to refocus his efforts + dedication. PLEASE RESPECT HIS LOSS. I REALLY hope WVU beat writers do not continue to ask Bartlett questions about this every time he's interviewed. Its EXTREMELY disrespectful and $hi+ for taste.. They got the story, move on and discuss other aspects of his life+game, unless he mentions it, then let it rest.

I was extremely embarrassed by the continued questions he received in the interview the other day, and you could certainly tell he wasnt very comfortable discussing it either. Just because he was successful in his battle to overcome it, doesnt mean its still not extremely difficult + raw, or that he wants to discuss it at every turn, muchless publicly, or let that define him, or this season.. I can hear it now.... a few weeks in another postgame "So Jarrett was you thinking of your brother when you made that sack?, or How do you think your brother would feel seeing you make a play".... WE GET IT.... MOVE ON. Dont be that guy.... Be a professional...

So respect him, his privacy, respect his loss, and dont be that writer that will ask anything just for a few catchy storylines that will drive clicks/views.. No need to continue to beat that horse, everyone knows now, so move on please. Its different if Bartlett brings it up, but unless that happens pursue other questions that we would like to hear+know...

Thank You & Sincerely
#WVUFANBASE

Last edited:
I understand your point but this site doesn’t represent the beat writers. Only a few. Truthfully mainly one. Like you said about keeping things private. If one of them who asked the question is from the site I am pretty sure you can address that in a private way. Maybe an email
The rest. I am with you.
My father remarried and when he passed away his wife called me. Couldn’t take the phone call. Already knew he died. Heard from my brother. But it was just unexpected because he was only 60.
Something everyone handles differently. For the most part I was well aware with everyone else so I slowly let go.
But my Dad was 60. Couldn’t imagine losing any of my siblings when I was in college.

I might have told a reporter it was none of his business

I understand this was the first week writers had the chance to formally interview Bartlett and ask questions about his loss, tho Im sure most of the writers who closely follow the team already knew. While I also understand Brown mentioned it as a tribute to Bartlett's ability to overcome significant adversity and use it to refocus his efforts + dedication. PLEASE RESPECT HIS LOSS. I REALLY hope WVU beat writers do not continue to ask Bartlett questions about this every time he's interviewed. Its EXTREMELY disrespectful and $hi+ for taste.. They got the story, move on and discuss other aspects of his life+game, unless he mentions it, then let it rest.

I was extremely embarrassed by the continued questions he received in the interview the other day, and you could certainly tell he wasnt very comfortable discussing it either. Just because he was successful in his battle to overcome it, doesnt mean its still not extremely difficult + raw, or that he wants to discuss it at every turn, muchless publicly, or let that define him, or this season.. I can hear it now.... a few weeks in another postgame "So Jarrett was you thinking of your brother when you made that sack?, or How do you think your brother would feel seeing you make a play".... WE GET IT.... MOVE ON. Dont be that guy.... Be a professional...

So respect him, his privacy, respect his loss, and dont be that writer that will ask anything just for a few catchy storylines that will drive clicks/views.. No need to continue to beat that horse, everyone knows now, so move on please. Its different if Bartlett brings it up, but unless that happens pursue other questions that we would like to hear+know...

Thank You & Sincerely
#WVUFANBASE
Could be too that some of these "writers" aren't creative enough to think of good questions. Honestly 90+% never played a sport and they don't know the in's and out's of the game, only what they see on TV...

Just my opinion.

Making people interested in finding the transcript
Video would help to see the reaction as well. Finding out names.
Hit them up on Twitter with a message

End of the day he should have known it would be asked if he went in front of the media
Can’t expect him to be that naive
Have to think if he didn’t want to talk about it he would of refused to see the media
Only a couple of players who go in front of the media
There are some players who never have in their entire career

I suppose my hope here is maybe someone would read this and quietly mention to the rest of the writers to all agree to not bring it up again, unless Bartlett mentions it. It wasnt directed at this site specifically.. I would imagine these writers read each others sites too..

I have nothing against anyone, just being honest about how its disrespectful & insensitive for it to continue... Its kind a like asking an Army vet if they saw crazy stuff on tour, its in that world of cringe.... I have a very close relationship & bond with my brother, we are both 40's, and my world would utterly shatter, couldnt imagine that at such a young age. I do agree its a testament to his character, but now we all know it, there is no reason to press it further..

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT