ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE DE talks about top six, WVU

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Miami (Fla.) Southridge defensive end Deandre Johnson named a top six of West Virginia, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Auburn, Maryland and California yesterday and I caught up with him to get the latest on his recruitment. West Virginia was one of the first offers for Johnson and he told me that running backs coach JaJuan Seider as well as defensive line coach Bruce Tall have really been recruiting him hard and have made him a priority since early in the process. He really likes the fact that West Virginia would give him a chance to see the field early in his career and also he's paid attention to the success that they've had with putting athletes in the NFL. Johnson is being recruited as a pass rushing defensive end by all of the schools except Mississippi State, which wants him as an outside linebacker. Johnson has only visited Mississippi State out of all the schools in his top six right now but plans to make it to several more this summer including both West Virginia and Tennessee. The Mountaineers are definitely in the mix here and I'll have more in an article later this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.