ADVERTISEMENT

David Sills to transfer?

bEER_Nation13

All-American
Mar 2, 2012
Just saw it on another news site, won't link it as it's disrespectful to Vernon even though the media as a whole is of Pittsburgh sports and surrounding colleges. But on there, it states that he will be enrolling at junior college in California.

Just saw it on another news site, won't link it as it's disrespectful to Vernon even though the media as a whole is of Pittsburgh sports and surrounding colleges. But on there, it states that he will be enrolling at junior college in California.
Good choice for him if he wants to play QB.

That's what we've been told but WVU wouldn't confirm.
Saw it coming. Couldn't beat out Chugs at QB and was being relegated to WR. Now we get another QB transferring in. Hate it for him because we gave him a landing spot and a solid chance to be a star. Happens every year.

imo it's a mistake. He seemed like a natural at WR. He's not a QB at this level. I wish him well.

Good for him. Crest should also consider it and maybe Chugunov. I cannot imagine journeyman Howard being injured so badly he can't limp onto the field. That is the only way any other QB will see a single meaningful play this year, that's just the way Coach works. But if he stays, Chugs will not come back off the field if he has to replace Howard for even a single game.

Too bad. Looked like he had wr potential. But if he really wants to play qb, this doesn't look like the best fit for him especially with Greer in the picture now. Hate to lose him but wish him good luck wherever he ends up.

Reactions: brusand
I believe we have seen this movie before. However, good luck to Sills and hope he ends up moving back up to a D1 program and nails it,

Wish Sills lots of luck. But helps to realize the presence of strong QB candidates with Howard, Grier, and Chugs.

I would like to see Sills transfer to .........................WVU and I further wish that Dana would recognize this young mans talent and put him on the field.

I would like to see Sills transfer to .........................WVU and I further wish that Dana would recognize this young mans talent and put him on the field.
Coaches usually get these things right. After all, it is their jobs on the line. I only remember one time when a person was called for a certain player to get more playing time and being right--when RR kept play Gwaltney and Vernon kept saying Slaton looked better in practice.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Coaches usually get these things right. After all, it is their jobs on the line. I only remember one time when a person was called for a certain player to get more playing time and being right--when RR kept play Gwaltney and Vernon kept saying Slaton looked better in practice.

I also remember Coach Nehlen didn't seem to know what to do with Jerry Porter? Bulger was our QB and Saunders and Foreman were our WRs (this was before offenses used a spread attack). Porter played some WR but ended up at safety, yet played WR in the NFL.

Good for him. Crest should also consider it and maybe Chugunov. I cannot imagine journeyman Howard being injured so badly he can't limp onto the field. That is the only way any other QB will see a single meaningful play this year, that's just the way Coach works. But if he stays, Chugs will not come back off the field if he has to replace Howard for even a single game.

c'mon Mike, you're better than this.

c'mon Mike, you're better than this.

Bobby, have you never thrown a rock at a big hornets nest and then jumped into your car and watched? LOL Things were getting too peaceful. Howard looked great in the Spring scrimmage except for about three plays. He's got the summer and fall to resolve those.

Sky Howard doesn't have to resolve anything this summer in order to be the starting QB for the Mountaineers this fall. I assume those three plays that he failed to execute in spring practice involved something that all QB's have to deal with. Not every play works and not all plays result in a TD. Bring on The Sky!

Sky Howard doesn't have to resolve anything this summer in order to be the starting QB for the Mountaineers this fall. I assume those three plays that he failed to execute in spring practice involved something that all QB's have to deal with. Not every play works and not all plays result in a TD. Bring on The Sky!

I misspoke when I said three plays, I meant three habits he needs to break to be winning QB at WVU this year. Obviously he will start regardless of who the competition is or how well they can throw.

In order for WVU to have a successful season, Howard needs to stop trying to force the ball into double and triple coverage which resulted in a high number of interceptions during Big 12 play last year.

He also needs to set his feet before throwing to be accurate. He said that and the coaches agree. Howard also needs to run less often to be effective at it. He has an experienced line and at least three fast, strong and talented running backs. He should only take off when he has open field in front of him. If a play is going bad, throw the ball away.

He had a lousy year in conference play last season. But he is intelligent and a very determined player. He has much in common with Owen Schmitt, and Owen ultimately redeemed himself quite well. Here's hoping he successfully corrects the deficits he is working so hard to remedy.

I misspoke when I said three plays, I meant three habits he needs to break to be winning QB at WVU this year. Obviously he will start regardless of who the competition is or how well they can throw.

In order for WVU to have a successful season, Howard needs to stop trying to force the ball into double and triple coverage which resulted in a high number of interceptions during Big 12 play last year.

He also needs to set his feet before throwing to be accurate. He said that and the coaches agree. Howard also needs to run less often to be effective at it. He has an experienced line and at least three fast, strong and talented running backs. He should only take off when he has open field in front of him. If a play is going bad, throw the ball away.

He had a lousy year in conference play last season. But he is intelligent and a very determined player. He has much in common with Owen Schmitt, and Owen ultimately redeemed himself quite well. Here's hoping he successfully corrects the deficits he is working so hard to remedy.

Now you gettin' right. I totally agree with you this time. Warez

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT