ADVERTISEMENT

Darnell Wright

wvufootball2006

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Sorry if someone already mentioned this but Read that Darnell said at the Under Armour Practice that his top 2 are now UNC and WVU I didn’t here it wondered if anyone else did.... That'd be awesome keep our top kids here if we could change Nester’s mind as well it’d be big for the program

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Neal will bring him to Morgantown. He said on the podcast I just listened to that WV recruits would be a priority and that he was gonna make it tough for them to say no. I hope Darnell can see what I see in the coach. A Winner!

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I have heard UNC as well.

UNC's new assistant Tim Brewster isn't afraid to swing and miss.

But Tennessee has lead his recruitment.

With the coaching changes WV could move in but it won't be until the dead period is over.

WV is at 0% with every unsigned recruit.
Meaning that until Neal Brown or staff makes them a priority they are looking elsewhere because Dana is gone.

Replace UNC with UT.
No. He says here it is WVU and UNC.

“I would say North Carolina and West Virginia are my favorites right now,” Wright said. “West Virginia is my hometown school and I really like them and North Carolina has a new staff and one of my teammates is there. I’ll definitely take officials to those schools; the rest I’m not sure right now.”

Wright said he plans to decide and sign on National Signing Day, which begins on February 6.

Reactions: 4everloyal
No. He says here it is WVU and UNC.

“I would say North Carolina and West Virginia are my favorites right now,” Wright said. “West Virginia is my hometown school and I really like them and North Carolina has a new staff and one of my teammates is there. I’ll definitely take officials to those schools; the rest I’m not sure right now.”

Wright said he plans to decide and sign on National Signing Day, which begins on February 6.

Odd. Keno said Tennesee

Well Neal Brown has made him priority # 1 for WVU.

Has he...
Brown was hired in a dead period. Not much he can do.
I expect a home visit if this is true right after the dead period ends.

But...
Neal Brown doesn't have a proven track record.

Is Wickline still the OL coach at WV.
If this is true it wasn't like there was a positional coaching change.

Tim Brewster who is Mack Brown's main man on the recruiting trail may be a POS but you must repsect his recruiting ability.
The things he did at Texas and then with Jimbo at Florida St and A&M is legendary.

Pretty much tells the recruits you better commit and get on the bus before someone else takes your seat.

This even works with 5 star recruits.

It will be hard for WV to come from a position of strength like that.

Has he...
Brown was hired in a dead period. Not much he can do.
I expect a home visit if this is true right after the dead period ends.

But...
Neal Brown doesn't have a proven track record.

Is Wickline still the OL coach at WV.

If this is true it wasn't like there was a positional coaching change.

I am not here to debate your opinion versus my opinion. I am a mountaineer fan and I believe what I believe and you can believe what you want to believe. He stated we were one of his 2 favorites at the moment and everyone knows that could change tomorrow. But my belief is that Brown will get him to WVU.

I heard Tennessee is the lead because his HC coach went there and has filled his head with rocky top nonsense!!!

That might be true..

Some of these recruits like to troll.

Meaning that some are slient commits but they mess with other teams.
Wright could be doing that to UNC.
Mainly because Pruitt and Tennessee wants to take control of recruiting in Charlotte.

Trey Sanders did this to UGA.
Even the coaches at UGA thought they had him and not just the fans .

I am not here to debate your opinion versus my opinion. I am a mountaineer fan and I believe what I believe and you can believe what you want to believe. He stated we were one of his 2 favorites at the moment and everyone knows that could change tomorrow. But my belief is that Brown will get him to WVU.

Never met him so I can't say anything about how he is .
Some recruits are straight forward while others give mix signals.

Don't know about Wright.

The #ItsaTarHeelState...

Why is UNC even getting into a pissing contest with NC State is beyond me...
They shouldn't even acknowledge their existence.

Here is more Tim Brewster Gold

I have heard UNC as well.

UNC's new assistant Tim Brewster isn't afraid to swing and miss.

But Tennessee has lead his recruitment.

With the coaching changes WV could move in but it won't be until the dead period is over.

WV is at 0% with every unsigned recruit.
Meaning that until Neal Brown or staff makes them a priority they are looking elsewhere because Dana is gone.

You are one nay-saying MF'er. Why are you here?

You are one nay-saying MF'er. Why are you here?

Sounds like you much rather have smoke blown up your ass

WV could get him to sign a LOI.

But...
He has not showed really any interest in WV.

How many games has Wright showed up to?
How many big events at WV for recruits has he showed up to?

More than that...
What will Neal Brown change?

Maybe Neal Brown and his staff are ready for the big leagues but they never showed the ability at Troy .

They never recruited a 4 to 5 star player to Troy

But...

More than that...

Maybe Neal Brown and his staff are ready for the big leagues but they never showed the ability at Troy .

They have recruited 3 of best classes ever at Troy, and chad Scott is supposedly good recruiter. Thing that’s unique w Scott is he was a DB in nfl and now an OC... I find that not bad or good just unique.

A Top 50 OL recruit is great to get...

But....

More than half of the OL that are drafted are three star and below.
Research Iowa and Wisconsin.

You never know how these recruits are going to develop when they face someone as strong and as fast as them.

Bruce Feldman wrote a great article on The Athletic

This week when your favorite team announces its signing class, or when you hear about the four- or five-star recruit that your school did or did not get, remember this number: 2.4.

That is the average star ranking of the 15 offensive linemen voted to the Pro Bowl last year who were evaluated in the era of the recruiting star system. None of them were ranked as five-star prospects; four were four-star guys — the same number as there were zero-star players. Joe Thomas, the best offensive tackle of his era, went to 10 Pro Bowls in his 11 seasons. Thomas once was ranked as the nation’s No. 18 offensive tackle prospect. None of those 17 graded ahead of him went on to start in the NFL as tackles. From the 2015 signing class, prospects who are seniors now, Clemson’s Mitch Hyatt is the only four- or five-star O-line recruit (according to 247Sports) to make first-team all-conference.

The online recruiting sites do a good job of ranking high school prospects, but the trickiest position to evaluate — even more than quarterbacks — is the offensive line.

And it’s not just the recruiting analysts who have such a hard time. Coaches have a pretty rough time of evaluating them, too.

https://theathletic.com/720233/2018/12/18/college-football-recruiting-offensive-linemen/

A Top 50 OL recruit is great to get...

But....

More than half of the OL that are drafted are three star and below.
Research Iowa and Wisconsin.

You never know how these recruits are going to develop when they face someone as strong and as fast as them.

Gotta get top 25 classes to do what we all want and that’s to be top 3 in the Big 12 every year....this year a 5 star top 1 or 2 linemen plus a couple more 4 stars that aren’t committed to WVU...2021 we have two potentially 5 star kids in the state. Getting kids like that to stay home and getting more definitely make staying top 3 easier for wvu

If he was a top QB recruit or RB recruit I would be with you.

But as a OL...
Truthfully not worth the time and energy.

OL is all about coaching and the weight room.

Yes, OL, like RB, is one of the easiest positions to find lowly rated players that end up being really good. But most blue chip offensive lineman end up performing like blue chip offensive lineman in college. So you should try and recruit them.

Especially if they, ya know, live in the state you coach in.

Gotta get top 25 classes to do what we all want and that’s to be top 3 in the Big 12 every year....this year a 5 star top 1 or 2 linemen plus a couple more 4 stars that aren’t committed to WVU...2021 we have two potentially 5 star kids in the state. Getting kids like that to stay home and getting more definitely make staying top 3 easier for wvu

I agree....
But there are positions that I don't care what the supposed ranking experts say.
The main one is OL.

It has the lowest success rate.

You need talent.
At DL, at LB in the Secondary.

Most of those positions have good evaluations done by the experts .

With OL..
It is the number. You sign 5 that fit the part and you see how they develop.

With WV you look for foot speed and wing span.
Size and power comes from the weight room after a RS year.

Yes, OL, like RB, is one of the easiest positions to find lowly rated players that end up being really good. But most blue chip offensive lineman end up performing like blue chip offensive lineman in college. So you should try and recruit them.

RB is different.
Josh Jacobs at Bama.
Ran a 4.45 40 at 200+ pounds. Don't know why he was a 3 star.

OL...
I think it is the only position left in football that heart and desire mean more than physical skill.

There used to be a few. Like DL and LB.
But now those positions need physical specimens.

OL...
Not so much .

Florida St
USC

All Blue Chip OLmen.

USC is more strength and development and Florida St is more coaching and attrition.

Both have had huge holes on their OLine.
Sam Darnold covered up for USC.
Florida St has maybe the most talented RB but his OLine has made him a no name because they can't block.

But...

More than that...

How many smaller schools actually get 4 or 5 star recruits? Very low number and usually are grades related rather than anything else. Yet, Neal Brown won 31 games the past 3 seasons. So believe what you want to believe but it appears to me you are here for one purpose only and that is to argue with everyone else.

It is not an argument....

Darnell Wright is a highly regarded recruit at a position that has horrible evals out of HS.

So...
I wouldn't lose sleep if he goes elsewhere.

The recruit told Ohio St he wouldnt play for them because they were recruiting another player he did not particularly like.

I can go on and on about the weird and me first behavior by Darnell Wright.

If it was a DLine it would be alright.

But not at OL.
You want team players who don't want to stand out.

DL is a me first position
OL is a team position

It is not an argument....

Darnell Wright is a highly regarded recruit at a position that has horrible evals out of HS.

So...
I wouldn't lose sleep if he goes elsewhere.

The recruit told Ohio St he wouldnt play for them because they were recruiting another player he did not particularly like.

I can go on and on about the weird and me first behavior by Darnell Wright.

If it was a DLine it would be alright.

But not at OL.
You want team players who don't want to stand out.

DL is a me first position
OL is a team position

So is that Nester he doesn’t like??? Or someone already there

We have one committed to Texas who is in the same boat.
Not hating another recruit but with his me first attitude.
Problem for him is that it is his trainer that is to blame and not him.
His trainer is using him as a prositute to secure more money for his company.

But...he listens to his coaches.

If Wright was like that it wouldn't be an issue.

Meaning that good coaching and repsect for the staff can change bad habits.

Some recruits look bad because they are listening to the wrong people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT