ADVERTISEMENT

Dana ain't leaving Will Grier

In 2017 with Grier at QB, and a talented crop of WRs and RBs, the Mountaineers could have one of the best offensive production years ever. If we can keep Tony Gibson as DC, I like our chances to be a Top 10 team.

If Dana splits, we should attract a pool of high quality replacements.

Replacements mean every quality coach and recruiter we have will be gone.

He may want to beat Texas first... Still a few games left and his history ain't good. !!!!

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Amazing how many franchise building quarterbacks WVU has had in the past few years...the guy who when paired with a cool, hip, and happening HC would lead the old blue and gold to the NC promise land. Then again I heard of a pee wee league QB in Florida that we have our eye on...lol

Don't forget Rich Fraud could have stayed but was always looking. Nature of some coaches, long termers are rare.
If Dana leaves, I hope Gibby gets a shot with some experienced guy at quaterbacks/playcalling.

Rodriguez was looking to leave before Pitt game in 07 with a team that should have won the title. You expect Holgorsen to stay if he is offered big $ elsewhere?

These coaches are loyal to money not potential

In 2017 with Grier at QB, and a talented crop of WRs and RBs, the Mountaineers could have one of the best offensive production years ever. If we can keep Tony Gibson as DC, I like our chances to be a Top 10 team.

If Dana splits, we should attract a pool of high quality replacements.
Have seen no one who fits that description among those whose names have been kicked around for several months. Tresssel? Ha. RR- Ha Ha. Promote Tony? Come one! Guy at Miss State? UGH!

Is Dana showing interest in LSU or any other job? OR is this just idle speculation by those who really feel anyone would be crazy to stick it out at WVU when other opportunities may be out there? I know Lyons has done much to make Dana uncomfortable. That, alone. might sway him to look elsewhere. I hope, if he has the opportunity to do so he chooses to stay. Would be awful for Grier if he were to not be here. Kid comes after awful experience at UF only to get shafted. Would be sad, especially if we het a coach who is washed up or has no HC experience or has no knowledge as to how to use a super passing QB.

LSU is one of the top 5 jobs in NCAA football. Money is no object and is they offer DH I'd expect him to accept without hesitation. However, I think Orgeron may be given a chance. If not I'd think they're top 2 choices are Herman and Peterson.

WVU's gameday announcers are stoking the Dana to LSU coals by seeking fan reactions to the possibility. It's Rich and Alabama all over again.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Rich Rodriguez left Pat White, Steve Slaton, and Big Owen....

Haven't thought of that guy in years....just how is the 2-8, 0-7 (PAC12), old boy who drew 41,068 for a 25-point Saturday night prime time loss to mighty #12 Colorado?

Last I'd heard, he had dropped a tough 69-7 squeaker to Dana's old mentor at WSU...

I so do miss CFE's longing, RichRod updates/Dana trashings of years gone by!

Beating Texas twice on the road seems better than losing to Pitt at home!

I expect another good season next year if Dana stays and Grier is who we think he is...so either way Dana will have options.

If he leaves after this season with a good QB waiting, imo, that's a reflection on Lyons.

Last edited:
I accept another good season next year if Dana stays and Grier is who we think he is...so either way Dana will have options.

If he leaves after this season with a good QB waiting, imo, that's a reflection on Lyons.
I'm not sure you could put that all on Lyons. A lot of coaches would leave an AD with whom they get along to take a job like LSU. A coach can trip over a dozen 4-5 star recruits between his house and his office. Now if DH left for Houston, that would be bad.

Haven't thought of that guy in years....just how is the 2-8, 0-7 (PAC12), old boy who drew 41,068 for a 25-point Saturday night prime time loss to mighty #12 Colorado?

Last I'd heard, he had dropped a tough 69-7 squeaker to Dana's old mentor at WSU...

I so do miss CFE's longing, RichRod updates/Dana trashings of years gone by!

Beating Texas twice on the road seems better than losing to Pitt at home!
Not sure if the attendance figure was a typo or what, but on television it did not look like there was 15,000 in the stands for Dick Fraud's loss to CU last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT