ADVERTISEMENT

Damage from previous regime still

WVUBuck

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
lingering.

Recruiting update
When asked about the first-year surprises he has encountered, Brown mentioned the challenges of recruiting in the regions directly surrounding West Virginia.

“It’s taking us longer than I thought to make inroads in the DMV, the Pittsburgh area and Northeast Ohio,” Brown said. “We have not been as successful as I’d like. We’re starting to make progress for the ’21 class. I didn’t realize we hadn’t been in those areas.”

lingering.

Recruiting update
When asked about the first-year surprises he has encountered, Brown mentioned the challenges of recruiting in the regions directly surrounding West Virginia.

“It’s taking us longer than I thought to make inroads in the DMV, the Pittsburgh area and Northeast Ohio,” Brown said. “We have not been as successful as I’d like. We’re starting to make progress for the ’21 class. I didn’t realize we hadn’t been in those areas.”

I mean is this really anything enlightening. Western PA has always been dominated by Pitt, Penn St and ND. Ohio by Ohio St and Michigan. The only thing that I see the previous staff whiffed on is allowing Kentucky to become third choice in Ohio. If Brown truly didn’t know the recruiting history for WVU then he’s an idiot that didn’t do his homework.

I mean is this really anything enlightening. Western PA has always been dominated by Pitt, Penn St and ND. Ohio by Ohio St and Michigan. The only thing that I see the previous staff whiffed on is allowing Kentucky to become third choice in Ohio. If Brown truly didn’t know the recruiting history for WVU then he’s an idiot that didn’t do his homework.
Michigan doesn't "dominate" in Ohio these days. Thankfully, the days of traitors like Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson heading up North are behind us.

for some reason, Harbaugh doesn't recruit Ohio as hard as he does other places. There was a recent article about it where local reporters were calling him out about it. I'm certain he's making offers, but not sure how much time he's expending on them. I bet Michigan doesn't have but maybe 10 players on the team from Ohio, and only a couple of them play, and I believe they're from Northern Ohio (Toledo/Akron) which is somewhat close to Ann Arbor, well, Toledo is. Harbaugh's most success is in New Jersey, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Michigan. Rest are scattered throughout the country.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
WVU has players on the roster recruited from those areas, so to pretend the previous staff didnt recruit there is simply a lie

He knew recruiting area. He was shocked how that area had been forgotten. He used the Don Nehlen 300 mile radius around WVU.

“Draw a 300-mile radius circle around Morgantown, and there’s lots of players,” Nehlen says, “and then you go down to Florida for some receivers and DBs who can run.”

giphy.gif

WVU has players on the roster recruited from those areas, so to pretend the previous staff didnt recruit there is simply a lie

2016 Class from PA (only 6 were recruited)
Jacob Buccigrossi, Pittsburgh PA., retired due to injury.
Seth Aungst, Hollidaysburg, PA., Gone 2017
John Groh, Lebanon PA., gone 2017
Jonathan Szymczek Erie, PA gone 2017
Logan Timmons Server, PA RS JR
Dravon-Askew Henry Aliquippa, PA Grad in 2018

The White brothers were from PA. But came to WVU as JC transfers and graduated.

2019 Roster from PA, Freshman
TJ Banks Aliquippa, PA Freshman
Leddie Brown Sophomore Philadelphia, Pa
Kawntel Raines Aliquippa, Pa. Aliquippa RS Freshman
Kolton MCghee Altoona, Pa. Freshman

2019 Roster from MD
Leighton Bechdel Towson, Md. Freshman
Trent Jackson Stevensville, Md. RS Freshman
Bowie, Md. Freshman

Virginia
Donavan Beaver 2019 Fredericksburg, Va. Freshman
Ali Jennings Richmond, Va. Freshman

Evan Matthes Reston, Va RS Freshman

Ohio
Tyler Connolly Marysville, Ohio Freshman
James Gmiter Bethel Park, Pa Freshman
Jake Long Columbus, Ohio Freshman

10 others are So, Jr, Sr from Oh, Pa, Md, Va.

Michigan doesn't "dominate" in Ohio these days. Thankfully, the days of traitors like Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson heading up North are behind us.

I know osu gets who they want. I thought Michigan had traditionally recruited western Ohio. Doesn’t sound like they do now. My point was WVU does out recruit anyone in Ohio. If brown thought he could walk right into Ohio and Western PA and dominate he’s an idiot.

The FIRST thing Dana did was turn recruiting toward Texas because that is what HE knew. And in doing so he neglected some of our traditional recruiting areas because they required hard work.

THAT is what a lazy recruiter does.

Your chart points towards a major rebuild recruiting wise. The program has been stocked with 1 and 2 year JC and grad transfer players in key positions (qb) so it will be interesting to see how Coach Brown gets back to developing a 4 year player program without the fan base getting restless from avg seasons. I give any coach 4 years as long as improvement is shown each year.

[
QUOTE="WVUALLEN, post: 2647142, member: 4120"]
s2rb323514kiluphabyw87yqspkgdfiq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT