ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Customizable WVU Football Jerseys Coming in 2022

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - Beginning this fall, West Virginia fans will be able to purchase the jersey of their favorite Mountaineer football player. As part of its continued efforts to educate and empower student-athletes, West Virginia University Athletics will begin offering customizable Nike branded jerseys of current football student-athletes through a collaboration with Fanatics and OneTeam Partners.

Fanatics will offer customizable football jersey blanks while The Brandr Group and OneTeam Partners will administer the group rights for the jersey program. Fanatics will offer these customizable Mountaineer football Nike jerseys for football student-athletes who opt-in to the group licensing program, and those players will be compensated for each jersey sold bearing their name.

Jerseys will be available for purchase across the Fanatics network of sites, including ShopWVU.com, the official online team store of WVU Athletics.

More information about how fans can purchase the jerseys of their favorite WVU football players will be made available later this year.

WVU Athletics will also continue to partner with The Brandr Group to expand opportunities for WVU student-athletes as those opportunities become available.

Does it come with velcro numbers and names in case they enter the portal?

Mine was gonna be "Do you get a refund if you buy the jersey and then the guy enters the portal?"

I don't know how many jerseys were sold in the past but my guess is it will go down with the portal because players will become seen more by fans as mercenaries than Our Guys. I don't mean just WVU, I mean everywhere. Of course, from the players POV, a percentage of a smaller number of jerseys sold is better than 0% of a larger number of jerseys sold.

I wonder if they will pay Pat White or Major Harris or any of the players of the past who wanted to be here and help build the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT