ADVERTISEMENT

Curse of The Goat .....

While I could probably have rooted for the Blue Jays, I couldn't purposely pull for ANY of the other three WS candidates this season. For the remainder of my life, I'll never root for anyone having anything to do with Joe Maddon and Jake Arrieta.....and I'm against anything from Cleveland by basic birthright. So, I haven't the foggiest idea where I'll fall out on this series a week from now.

Four months ago, I thought the Cubs would just relentlessly mow down everyone on the way to breaking the streak; and I'd almost assuredly still bet on them if I were walking past a sports book this afternoon. But the way the Indians so easily drilled the Red Sox and Jays makes me wonder if the Lord remains a Cleveland (though not the Browns, obviously) fan in 2016.

I've watched a grand total of about 5 minutes of the first 4 games, so I really know nothing about the WS beyond the scores. But as well as things are evidently going for the Indians, why is it that I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if the Cubbies won 3 straight ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT