ADVERTISEMENT

TROLLING Crowd funding for....

xgunnx

Senior
Oct 10, 2011
Morgantown, West Virginia
So I have a idea. How about crowd funding for a charter plane to fly over Stadium with a banner demanding Holgrosen must go. Kind of like what happen to Don Nehlen once upon a time.

So if those disgruntled fans who keep mentioning that Holgrosen should be fired. Show us how serious you are then. Where are the banners over flying the stadium?

Sure Holgrosen needs criticism but fired? Things are not to that level.

We’ll know in 4 days. If Baylor wins or if we look awful in a close win, then the seat will get hotter.

I don’t think it’s going to matter. If he wins nine games or more then he’s probably gonna leave. He knows next year will be a significant step back. His kid is graduating high school and going off to college. What will keep him here if he gets similar guaranteed money elsewhere for 5 years?

WVU fair weather fans.

Are our loyalties really so frail that we’re ready to fire our own alumni-coach who is one of only ten coaches in the history of college basketball to win more than 800 games in a single career simply because of a bad month?

From the days airplanes were circling Mountaineer Field with banners announcing “Nehlen Must Go” to the present, West Virginia athletics has been cursed with far too many fair weather fans.

The people who call the State of West Virginia home have always felt – and for good reason – like it was us against the world.

Except of course, when we’re losing.

http://appalachianmagazine.com/2018...ve-been-a-curse-to-the-state-for-generations/

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
WVU fair weather fans.

Are our loyalties really so frail that we’re ready to fire our own alumni-coach who is one of only ten coaches in the history of college basketball to win more than 800 games in a single career simply because of a bad month?

From the days airplanes were circling Mountaineer Field with banners announcing “Nehlen Must Go” to the present, West Virginia athletics has been cursed with far too many fair weather fans.

The people who call the State of West Virginia home have always felt – and for good reason – like it was us against the world.

http://appalachianmagazine.com/2018...ve-been-a-curse-to-the-state-for-generations/

I'm definitely in the camp that Holgorsen has reached his peak with WVU and it is 3rd place conference placement at best. Huggins is different for a litany of reasons including a track record of winning and having strong seasons. Huggins has proven that with the right guys (not all top recruits mind you) and a bit of luck, WVU can make a Final Four. I just don't think Holgorsen could do the football equivalent without having an Alabama roster or better.

I'm definitely in the camp that Holgorsen has reached his peak with WVU and it is 3rd place conference placement at best. Huggins is different for a litany of reasons including a track record of winning and having strong seasons. Huggins has proven that with the right guys (not all top recruits mind you) and a bit of luck, WVU can make a Final Four. I just don't think Holgorsen could do the football equivalent without having an Alabama roster or better.

I hate to break it you and I love college football but CFB is biased as hell.

WV could get as a 7th seed and have the 15th beat the 2nd seed and walk into a Sweet 16.

Look at Kansas St. They were not an Elite 8 team last year but everything broke their way and this allowed Loyola of Chicago to get in the Final 4

CFB is Top 4.
If you expanded it to 32 you would see a lot of upsets.
Maybe 6 of the first 16 games depending on where the games are played.

DH has a much tougher job than Bob Huggins

We’ll know in 4 days. If Baylor wins or if we look awful in a close win, then the seat will get hotter.

I don’t think it’s going to matter. If he wins nine games or more then he’s probably gonna leave. He knows next year will be a significant step back. His kid is graduating high school and going off to college. What will keep him here if he gets similar guaranteed money elsewhere for 5 years?

I hope that The Mountaineers completely dominate Baylor Thursday. But I agree with you about a loss to Baylor causing the heat to turn on Holgrosen. After 8 years in, losing games in the fashion of the ISU beat down is unacceptable. It's not about the loss but more about how The Mountaineers looked during that game that concerns me.

But here is a "what if" that bothers me even more. Who is a possible replacement Head Coach that would be successful at WVU.

None of this will matter if this is a winning season including a Bowl win.

Last year in Waco WV played a winless Baylor team and won by 2.
This doesn't tell the entire story. Baylor brought their backup QB in and almost came back from a 20+ deficit.

Charlie Brewer is a confident QB with a chip in his shoulder because Texas never offered him. His Daddy and Papaw played for UT at QB. His entire plan in life was to play for the Horns as their starting QB.

Plus he has a lot of weapons around him in future first round pick Denzel Mims and Jalen Hurd who has 3,000 career CFB yards.

Think that game can be fun. Don't know about the weather but this is the best offense WV has seen all year.

Last edited:
WVU fair weather fans.

That’s like saying Chicago Cub fans were fair weather fans 5 years ago....we’ve never had “that moment “ to warm our hearts when the bad seasons come. Maybe a great regular season or a great bowl win...but never a NC in FB or BB. I think we’ve seen that is never happening with Dana here.

Ive said here after ISU that a team takes on the personality of its coach. That personality doesn’t gut out games or snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. That team gave up in the second half of a very winnable game. Not just the players, but Dana too.

That’s like saying Chicago Cub fans were fair weather fans 5 years ago....we’ve never had “that moment “ to warm our hearts when the bad seasons come. Maybe a great regular season or a great bowl win...but never a NC in FB or BB. I think we’ve seen that is never happening with Dana here.

Ive said here after ISU that a team takes on the personality of its coach. That personality doesn’t gut out games or snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. That team gave up in the second half of a very winnable game. Not just the players, but Dana too.

So WVU has no big time wins with Dana. It doesn't matter who the head coach is at WVU football there will never be an CFP Championship. WVU has a better chance to win a title in basketball.

Just in case you didn't watch. WVU was getting it's butt kicked in the first half as well. WVU hasn't gutted out a win since Don Nehlen days.

You keep saying he's gonna leave where exactly is he gonna go? Most coaches don't leave power 5 jobs for the mac or and American conference job. Wvu is the best job this clown will ever get. He can't even beat the Va techs Okie states and Tcu's on a consistent basis he isn't getting and Sec or Big 10 job.

I hope that The Mountaineers completely dominate Baylor Thursday. But I agree with you about a loss to Baylor causing the heat to turn on Holgrosen. After 8 years in, losing games in the fashion of the ISU beat down is unacceptable. It's not about the loss but more about how The Mountaineers looked during that game that concerns me.

But here is a "what if" that bothers me even more. Who is a possible replacement Head Coach that would be successful at WVU.

None of this will matter if this is a winning season including a Bowl win.
Doc, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT