Crockpot Zuppa Toscana

Brookecountyeer

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 7, 2017
NP: Wedged between Flat-landers and Pennsyltucky
Crockpot Zuppa Toscana

· 1 lb ground hot Italian sausage

· 1 tbsp garlic minced (I use 2 because garlic is awesome)

· 1 yellow onion chopped

· 4 russet potato diced

· 1 pinch salt to taste

· 1 pinch black pepper to taste

· 4 cup chicken broth (32 oz)

· water see recipe instructions

· 1 bunch kale stems removed and torn into bite-sized pieces

· 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

· 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded (for topping)

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown and crumble hot Italian sausage, about 5-8 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until some of the onion begins to turn opaque (no need to cook onion completely at this point). Drain grease from skillet.

In a 6 quart crock pot (or bigger), add cooked sausage & veggies plus the diced potato. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour chicken broth on top. There should be enough broth to cover the tops of the potatoes; if there isn't, add up to 2 cups water so potatoes are covered.

Gently stir ingredients, cover crock pot, and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.

Remove lid from crock pot and add kale and heavy whipping cream, then stir to combine.

Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH for another 30 minutes.

Serve Zuppa Toscana immediately with shredded parmesan cheese as garnish.

I make this and many others like it for gameday (especially b-ball games in the winter). I prepare the night before and put it into the fridge. When I leave for work the next morning I put it on warm or low and gametime they are perfect. I will post some more if you guys like this one.

Reactions: Mog and Vernon
ADVERTISEMENT