ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Couple quick notes

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
-Keep up on where the coaches will be this week here --> https://westvirginia.forums.rivals.com/threads/coaches-recruiting-visit-tracker-for-next-week.63773/

-At this point, I still believe that West Virginia is finished at the running back position with the two players they have in the fold. Barring any last minute changes I believe that will be it.

-Spoke with Long Beach C.C. (Ca.) safety London Iakopo and he told me that he has not heard from the West Virginia coaches this week so he is not sure if or when they will pay him a visit. About two weeks ago the Arizona commitment told me he has was hearing quite a bit from West Virginia and was waiting to see if they were going to offer him a scholarship.

-San Francisco (Ca.) City College of San Francisco safety Robert Taylor tells me that he is shutting his recruitment down after committing to Washington State over the weekend. West Virginia was attempting to set up a visit sometime in the month of January.

-West Virginia picked up a major commitment at an area of need in Dodge City C.C. (Kan.) to check in on top cornerback prospect Elijah Battle but as defensive coordinator Tony Gibson said the other day in interviews expect the Mountaineers to continue to target junior college defensive backs. One source told me West Virginia will go after "as many as they can."

-Council Bluffs (Ia.) Iowa Western C.C. defensive back Darez Diggs had told me he was going to officially visit West Virginia this coming weekend Dec. 11 but I've been told that will more than likely happen in January.

-Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C. offensive tackle Malcolm Pridgeon looks to have set up an official visit to Florida for this coming weekend. He officially visited Morgantown for the Texas game.

-This weekend official visits will consist of a lot of the commitments including the early enrollee candidates. Among those are: Panama City Beach (Fla.) Arnold quarterback Cody Saunders, Sandy Spring (Md.) Sherwood wide receiver Marcus Simms, Ona (W.Va.) Cabell Midland defensive end Reese Donahue, Freeport (Pa.) Freeport Area Senior linebacker Logan Thimons, Lexington (N.C.) North Davison running back Kennedy McKoy, Pittsburgh (Pa.) North Hills offensive Jacob Buccigrossi and Dayton (Oh.) Dunbar defensive lineman Jeffery Pooler. Other early enrollees that won't be visiting this weekend are Dodge City C.C. (Kan.) to check in on top cornerback prospect Elijah Battle and New Berlin (N.Y.) Milford Academy athlete Jacquez Adams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News