ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Couple more recruiting notes

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
*Spoke with a source very close to Dodge City C.C. (Kan.) cornerback Elijah Battle and cornerbacks coach Brian Mitchell made his third and final in-home visit with him today before signing day. The source told me that the visit went very well and the Rivals.com two-star prospect has developed a very strong connection with Mitchell and the Mountaineers cornerbacks’ coach loves the skillset of Battle. He has three years to play two once he graduates in May and was originally committed to West Virginia before flipping to Minnesota and then opening up the process. At this point I would be VERY surprised if Battle does not sign with West Virginia Wednesday. As for an announcement, at this stage he's told me that he wants to wait to make his choice known on national signing day and I will respect that. However, it's easy to see where this one is going.

*Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C. defensive tackle Tyrell Chavis will take an official visit this weekend to Penn State. However, I do not have an update on where things stand with West Virginia but I continue to reach out to both him and his coaches. Chavis previously took an official visit to both West Virginia and Marshall and this will be his third official visit this weekend to State College. At this point it's tough to say what what will happen here but just on the surface I do not feel optimistic in this race.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News