ADVERTISEMENT

Continuation of personal tax discussion

If you are of the mindset, big tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy are good and screw the others, you love this tax law. If you are of the mindset that the con man sitting in the WH gave you (in the middle class) a big tax break too, like some of the right wingers on this forum, you will be surprised.
We've beaten the merits of this tax law to death. Of course, feel free to continue if you wish. But some of us also like to discuss the realities of life with the hand of cards the government gave us. That is the intent of the thread.

We've beaten the merits of this tax law to death. Of course, feel free to continue if you wish. But some of us also like to discuss the realities of life with the hand of cards the government gave us. That is the intent of the thread.

You're no fun. LOL!

Reactions: Airport
If you are of the mindset, big tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy are good and screw the others, you love this tax law. If you are of the mindset that the con man sitting in the WH gave you (in the middle class) a big tax break too, like some of the right wingers on this forum, you will be surprised.
Would you rather have a tax system where the rich make less and the unemployment goes up, workers get laid off and hours worked decreases? Oh, increases in unemployment and people on welfare?
It is not my intention to make this thread or my comments political. But fact remains, this legislation is horrible as it pertains to individuals. The corporate side of it, I'm not as educated on and won't comment.
It really wasn't about that. Wasn't part of the big discussion about the states that had high real estate and income taxes on individuals that weren't going to be deductible?

Would you rather have a tax system where the rich make less and the unemployment goes up, workers get laid off and hours worked decreases? Oh, increases in unemployment and people on welfare?

It really wasn't about that. Wasn't part of the big discussion about the states that had high real estate and income taxes on individuals that weren't going to be deductible?

I don't want a tax system that impedes a business' ability to make money. I do want a tax system that taxes everyone fairly, and we could argue until trump marries his sixth wife about what is "fair."

Reactions: WVUBRU
I don't want a tax system that impedes a business' ability to make money. I do want a tax system that taxes everyone fairly, and we could argue until trump marries his sixth wife about what is "fair."
yep, people who pay no taxes is definitely not fair to those of us who way more than a fair share.

I got a tax break. Most did.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
So you hate our tax system over the past 100 years?

And 1 page in... I'm reminded why I switched to Engineering. I honestly don't know how you accounts do it.
Quite frankly.....it's more boring than I thought it would be when I first got the email. They have some doozies.

Reactions: Airport
I'm thankful I only spent one year in Public Accounting and 11 years in Accounting with private organizations. But still, I wish I had the same resources as a High Schooler helping me find a path once I went to college. It wouldn't have been Accounting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT