ADVERTISEMENT

Computer help - anyone

mneilmont

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2008
I have been having trouble for a couple weeks. I am mainly a hunt and peck with 10 fingers. No reason in hell I should get ahead of computer, but for some reason it stops stroking in the middle of words without warning. May not finish a word or sentence before I stop and wait for it to catch up.

When it locks up totally, I get "Rivals is not responding...." . Anyone have any good and free advise beyond buy a new computer? Thanks.

I have been having trouble for a couple weeks. I am mainly a hunt and peck with 10 fingers. No reason in hell I should get ahead of computer, but for some reason it stops stroking in the middle of words without warning. May not finish a word or sentence before I stop and wait for it to catch up.

When it locks up totally, I get "Rivals is not responding...." . Anyone have any good and free advise beyond buy a new computer? Thanks.

I think you need to update your browser. Scripts are holding up your page loads because authentications are not being allowed. Update your flash player, update your browser settings, especially certificates/authentications.

Not sure what browser you use, but all of them have a "help" window or icon you can click and type in "update" or "how to stop page freezes".

Could also just mean your cache needs emptying. Same advice...type in "clearing cache" on your "help" icon and it will walk you through your browser's process for doing that too.

Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT