ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado to Big 12?

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Tim Brando, “There is a very good chance Colorado coming Big 12's way”.

One recent tweet, from FOX Sports’ Tim Brando, suggests that the addition of “Coach Prime” might not be the only splash that Colorado makes in the college football world.

35 years ago “Primetime” while at Florida St. had signed a baseball ⚾️ contract with @Yankees exclaimed on the original @CollegeGameDay in his new TransAm tee tops down “Tim Brando how ya likes me now!”He’s still breaking barriers. 👀 watch them move to @Big12Conference next imo. https://t.co/YKjRcps9T6
— Tim Brando (@TimBrando) December 4, 2022

74orn5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
I pegged Colorado coming to Big 12 as soon as USC/UCLA announced. The rest of the 4 corners is should be a no brainer. Colorado has been as bad as Nebraska since leaving the B12 but at least Nebraska gets paid.

No surprises here
1) I called this months ago (reminder...I'm rarely wone).
2) Colorado openly admitted they didn't have the funds needed to even pay Sanders as recently as a couple weeis ago.

Last edited:
The ACC is a dead man walking. You notice they aren't saying shit. No attempts to expand. Nothing. It's fun watching those assholes sweat.
Knowing our stupid administration they will have us in a dead conference soon enough.

I'd still rather see us in the ACC. Bottom line is there are about to be 2 big conferences - SEC and Big 10, and everyone else is going to be on the outside looking in. Between the NIL and the transfer portal, the top programs are going to pull away. The WVUs and VTs won't have the dollars to afford the players we need compete against the Ohio State's, Texas's and big SEC programs. I've kind of made peace with that. If we are going to be relegated to second tier status, at least let's go back to playing teams nearby that are historic rivals, fun for fans and easy to get to. I just don't want to see us stuck in second tier land playing teams in the plains states, none of which I or most other WVU fans will ever care about.

I'd still rather see us in the ACC. Bottom line is there are about to be 2 big conferences - SEC and Big 10, and everyone else is going to be on the outside looking in. Between the NIL and the transfer portal, the top programs are going to pull away. The WVUs and VTs won't have the dollars to afford the players we need compete against the Ohio State's, Texas's and big SEC programs. I've kind of made peace with that. If we are going to be relegated to second tier status, at least let's go back to playing teams nearby that are historic rivals, fun for fans and easy to get to. I just don't want to see us stuck in second tier land playing teams in the plains states, none of which I or most other WVU fans will ever care about.
When this is done, if you don't have a ticket out of the NCAA you are f#*ked. I guarantee you the SEC and the Big 10 do. I'm about 95% sure the Big 12 is negotiating theirs n exchange for giving Texas and OK getting their ticket out of the Big 12 early and to collaborate on getting rid of the PAC 12 (as it is now) and the ACC ( as it is now).

There is no impression that I get that says that the ACC has any chance of keeping Clemson or FSU long term.

Our chances of shitting on the ACC and poaching VT, Pitt, UL and Miami and making an East Coast Pod is waaaaaaay higher than the ACC staying in one piece.

Once we leave the NCAA, those teams drop the NIL (that is the NCAA's problem) and create a sane salary structure using the TV contract money instead of this shady ass NIL bullshit. Meanwhile a backfilled PAC 12 and ACC get to duke it out with the AAC, the Sun Belt and the rest of the misfit toys to see who wins the Tallest Midget Award each year.

I can see the BIG getting the white whale in Notre Dame but here is who I think the BIG May target and why. I see them going after OKlahoma St. TCU and Texas Tech. If you listen to the guys on sic em 365 they say TCU is a prime BIG target. Now here is why they go after these teams, Nebraska. It is imperative that they get Nebraska back to being Nebraska. With the BIG securing the LA market it’s time to get into Texas and that will do nothing but help Nebraska. Now you have ND Ohio St Penn St Michigan USC UCLA and a Nebraska program that is Nebraska you have several blue blood programs that are national tv games and national interests. Plus add the Dallas Ft worth market and the BIG could surpass the SEC. Also doing this gives ND a national schedule they so much desire. You can play games in Cali Tex Ohio PA Maryland and NJ. Plus playing a game in Chicago against either Ill or NW. The Money will be sickening. You could also switch out Texas tech with Houston

Last edited:
Sorry to continue but what does this do for WVU. The ACC would be quick to act. Cincy and WVU would probably be added to the ACC with UCONN with several other schools perhaps Memphis Tulane Ect . The SEC would scoop up Baylor maybe Kansas and Kstate. With either Texas tech or Houston depending on who the BIG does not take. The PAC would go after BYU and Iowa St. With a combination of MTN west schools. What’s left would be combined into the AAC Sun Belt and perhaps a new west coast conference. I think a WVU Pitt Syracuse Boston College Cincy pod would be awesome

I can see the BIG getting the white whale in Notre Dame but here is who I think the BIG May target and why. I see them going after OKlahoma St. TCU and Texas Tech. If you listen to the guys on sic em 365 they say TCU is a prime BIG target. Now here is why they go after these teams, Nebraska. It is imperative that they get Nebraska back to being Nebraska. With the BIG securing the LA market it’s time to get into Texas and that will do nothing but help Nebraska. Now you have ND Ohio St Penn St Michigan USC UCLA and a Nebraska program that is Nebraska you have several blue blood programs that are national tv games and national interests. Plus add the Dallas Ft worth market and the BIG could surpass the SEC. Also doing this gives ND a national schedule they so much desire. You can play games in Cali Tex Ohio PA Maryland and NJ. Plus playing a game in Chicago against either Ill or NW. The Money will be sickening. You could also switch out Texas tech with Houston
Lmao! Not only are you a dumbass politically, but you’re a dumbass as a fan. None of that you posted is gonna happen. Oklahoma State, TCU and Texas Tech to the Big 10? Lmao!! Or Houston to the Big 10? That’s a good one son!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT