ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Hot Seat

All them coaches sitting on a hot seat that is filled with cold cash. These coaches will be 'flung into the briar patch' and will then laugh all the way to the bank. When will the masses figure this game out?

About the time Charlie Weiss keels over from a coronary from the Golden Corral franchises he plans on having built next to his various homes.

"Oh Lord, the endless beef tips have got me! I'm coming to join you Knute, with gravy on my bib!"

All them coaches sitting on a hot seat that is filled with cold cash. These coaches will be 'flung into the briar patch' and will then laugh all the way to the bank. When will the masses figure this game out?

How many multi-millionaire athletes and coaches of all kinds have declared bankruptcy soon after the money stopped flowing? Expenses oftentimes expand to accommodate income and being paid great sums of money does not teach you how to keep it.

It would be devastating to Dana Holgorsen's head coaching resume' to be fired at this point. The numbers and achievements are simply not yet in his favor, but let's hope 2016 changes that. It is not just about the money, anyway. Pride and the respect of your peers is important to nearly everyone.

I hope Dana makes a sharp upward turn because that means my alma mater makes a sharp upward turn. THAT is what matters to me.

This is news...that DH is on the "hot seat"? LOL Win and Mountaineer nation will adore him. Lose and the seat will sizzle.

About the time Charlie Weiss keels over from a coronary from the Golden Corral franchises he plans on having built next to his various homes.

"Oh Lord, the endless beef tips have got me! I'm coming to join you Knute, with gravy on my bib!"

Nominated!

Post of the month, maybe the summer!

the irony is Kansas had to pay him $$$$$$$ too. Institutions of high intelligence my ass. That dude hit a better lottery than any powerball winner.

How many multi-millionaire athletes and coaches of all kinds have declared bankruptcy soon after the money stopped flowing? Expenses oftentimes expand to accommodate income and being paid great sums of money does not teach you how to keep it.

It would be devastating to Dana Holgorsen's head coaching resume' to be fired at this point. The numbers and achievements are simply not yet in his favor, but let's hope 2016 changes that. It is not just about the money, anyway. Pride and the respect of your peers is important to nearly everyone.

You usually don't hear about it with coaches, especially head coaches. But I'm sure it has happened.

If he gets fired after this season, he walks away with $4 million and while he didn't have a spectacular tenure here, it wasn't all that bad either.

He'll probably get offered another HC position at a lower tier school or get instantly hired as OC at a quality program. Either way he has job opportunities that will start in the mid six figures.

That's not devestation. That's just life and you'd probably give your left nut to have his problems.

Coaching is a profession in which everyone gets fired at some point and coaches know that better than anyone else. I doubt he'll suffer any loss of respect from his peers...that's just silly.

He'll still be a young coach with HC experience under his belt, an Orange Bowl victory and a ton of dough. It's sweet you're worried for him but he seems to be doing alright in the game of life.

Ah...the Orange Bowl victory is mentioned once again. What wonders he did with someone else's recruits. How has it been since then?

Reactions: GoWVU
You usually don't hear about it with coaches, especially head coaches. But I'm sure it has happened.

If he gets fired after this season, he walks away with $4 million and while he didn't have a spectacular tenure here, it wasn't all that bad either.

He'll probably get offered another HC position at a lower tier school or get instantly hired as OC at a quality program. Either way he has job opportunities that will start in the mid six figures.

That's not devestation. That's just life and you'd probably give your left nut to have his problems.

Coaching is a profession in which everyone gets fired at some point and coaches know that better than anyone else. I doubt he'll suffer any loss of respect from his peers...that's just silly.

He'll still be a young coach with HC experience under his belt, an Orange Bowl victory and a ton of dough. It's sweet you're worried for him but he seems to be doing alright in the game of life.

Darth, we almost understand each other. You're right, coaches know what each other goes through and there is certainly a given level of respect and even camaraderie except in the case of the occasional asshole. Coach Holgorsen will lose no respect among his peers if he has a bad season in 2016 and gets fired.

If he wins the conference championship and makes the playoffs he gains a ton of it. I'm not worried about him, he's fighter much like Skyler Howard. Right now I am ambivalent about both of them, but I hope to be singing their praises at the end of the season.

Meanwhile, I'm sure they will both have me screaming and cursing at the TV a few times this fall and cheering for them others. Hey, it's what fans do, right?

Ah...the Orange Bowl victory is mentioned once again. What wonders he did with someone else's recruits. How has it been since then?

It doesnt matter. That season and the Orange Bowl are part of his resume and it's a bullet point most coaches don't have on their CV.

No matter what happens this season DH will land on his feet and enjoy an impressive quality of life. You on the other hand will still be scratching out a living and complaining on the internet about football coaches who don't even know you exist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT