ADVERTISEMENT

Clearly the basketball team lacks quality guard play...

The Bell Tolls for Thee

All-Conference
Feb 15, 2005
Which I can understand is a knock on Huggins. That being said, is anyone really surprised that WVU has a down year every so often? I know its disappointing with everyone we have back and Konate may be wasted, but it's the situation WVU is in. So, I say keep throwing the guards we do have out there. It will be ugly, but growing pains usually are. Maybe the experience will be helpful for the future. And if they blow, then at least the coaches will know where to focus on JUCO and which scholarships can be freed up.

The problem is that you can't wait three years for guys to develop when you don't have anyone ready to play. Gotta go JUCO in the off-season to find next year's starting point guard. If not, then it will be more of the same.

A knock on Huggins. How funny. Knapper would have been playing last year if not for the Knee injury. He would be further along and starting PG this year. Things might have shaped up differently. Doesn't guarantee wins but you just never know what game experience means to a player. Especially in his 2nd year. The knee injury put Knapper behind schedule and behind the 8 ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT