ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Travis's kids have lice...

WVUCOOPER

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2002
lmao. Poor kids, their dad is a monster douche.

A Tennessee family is upset after they were kicked off of a Delta flight after discovering that their six-year-old had lice.

Clay Travis, a Fox Sports analyst and lawyer, published a lengthy essay on his website about the ordeal that happened to his family when they were traveling home from a trip to London and Paris on Saturday.

'I have a wife and three boys, ages 9, 6, and 2 and on June 30th we all flew to London,' Travis wrote.

'During these two weeks in London and Paris our kids took regular baths and we combed their hair after each bath. At no point did either of us see any signs of lice.'

'Until, that is, halfway over the Atlantic Ocean when my six year old son needed to go the bathroom.'

He continued, 'While he was standing in line for the bathroom, my six year old started to scratch his head.

'My wife checked to see why he was scratching his head and saw then that he had lice.

'Several flight attendants rushed over too and peered down at my son's head. 'Oh, my God, he has lice,' they said.'

Travis said his wife came back to their seat and told him that they would not be allowed to continue their journey home on a connecting flight to Nashville when they land in Minneapolis because of their son having lice.

When the family landed in Minneapolis, Travis claims they had to wait on the plane until two medical workers could check the temperatures of their children.

They were eventually let off the plane and headed to customs when a nurse approached them with another official who confirmed the six-year-old boy had lice.

'They insisted on conducting a medical examination of my minor children in the customs area of the airport … and they said that if we didn't consent we wouldn't be able to fly to Nashville,' Travis told Fox News.

'That in no way can be the official policy of Delta Air Lines.

'And just put yourself in the perspective of a six-year-old kid. He's standing there with hundreds of people around, while somebody from Delta is combing through his air.'

Travis said the nurse returned with two other Delta officials who told the family they were 'banned from travel' with the airline company until they left the airport, got treatment for lice and returned with a doctor's note.

The family left the airport in Minneapolis and Travis bought tickets on Southwest for he and his youngest child as his wife stayed behind with their other two children to get treatment for lice.

Travis is now questioning Delta's policy on lice, the requirement for medical clearance and the examination policy.

A representative for Delta Airlines said: 'We will always prioritize the health of our customers and employees as safety is our top priority.

'We will work directly with the family to resolve the issue.'

Delta also has a policy online in regards to passengers the company may refuse to transport.

The policy states: 'Delta may refuse to transport any passenger, and may remove any passenger from its aircraft at any time, for any of the following reasons...

'When the passenger has a contagious disease that may be transmissible to other passengers during the normal course of the flight'.

Since sharing his story online and on his social media pages, many people agree with Delta's decision to remove the family due to lice being highly-infectious.

'Delta policy very clearly states those with lice can not travel. What sort of a**hole exposes an entire plane to a very contagious bug?', Erin Kotecki Vest tweeted at Travis.

Another Twitter user said: 'So they should have let your son on the flight with a head full of Lice? Nope'.

lmao. Poor kids, their dad is a monster douche.

A Tennessee family is upset after they were kicked off of a Delta flight after discovering that their six-year-old had lice.

Clay Travis, a Fox Sports analyst and lawyer, published a lengthy essay on his website about the ordeal that happened to his family when they were traveling home from a trip to London and Paris on Saturday.

'I have a wife and three boys, ages 9, 6, and 2 and on June 30th we all flew to London,' Travis wrote.

'During these two weeks in London and Paris our kids took regular baths and we combed their hair after each bath. At no point did either of us see any signs of lice.'

'Until, that is, halfway over the Atlantic Ocean when my six year old son needed to go the bathroom.'

He continued, 'While he was standing in line for the bathroom, my six year old started to scratch his head.

'My wife checked to see why he was scratching his head and saw then that he had lice.

'Several flight attendants rushed over too and peered down at my son's head. 'Oh, my God, he has lice,' they said.'

Travis said his wife came back to their seat and told him that they would not be allowed to continue their journey home on a connecting flight to Nashville when they land in Minneapolis because of their son having lice.

When the family landed in Minneapolis, Travis claims they had to wait on the plane until two medical workers could check the temperatures of their children.

They were eventually let off the plane and headed to customs when a nurse approached them with another official who confirmed the six-year-old boy had lice.

'They insisted on conducting a medical examination of my minor children in the customs area of the airport … and they said that if we didn't consent we wouldn't be able to fly to Nashville,' Travis told Fox News.

'That in no way can be the official policy of Delta Air Lines.

'And just put yourself in the perspective of a six-year-old kid. He's standing there with hundreds of people around, while somebody from Delta is combing through his air.'

Travis said the nurse returned with two other Delta officials who told the family they were 'banned from travel' with the airline company until they left the airport, got treatment for lice and returned with a doctor's note.

The family left the airport in Minneapolis and Travis bought tickets on Southwest for he and his youngest child as his wife stayed behind with their other two children to get treatment for lice.

Travis is now questioning Delta's policy on lice, the requirement for medical clearance and the examination policy.

A representative for Delta Airlines said: 'We will always prioritize the health of our customers and employees as safety is our top priority.

'We will work directly with the family to resolve the issue.'

Delta also has a policy online in regards to passengers the company may refuse to transport.

The policy states: 'Delta may refuse to transport any passenger, and may remove any passenger from its aircraft at any time, for any of the following reasons...

'When the passenger has a contagious disease that may be transmissible to other passengers during the normal course of the flight'.

Since sharing his story online and on his social media pages, many people agree with Delta's decision to remove the family due to lice being highly-infectious.

'Delta policy very clearly states those with lice can not travel. What sort of a**hole exposes an entire plane to a very contagious bug?', Erin Kotecki Vest tweeted at Travis.

Another Twitter user said: 'So they should have let your son on the flight with a head full of Lice? Nope'.
Did Homeland Security deport the lice?[cheers]

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Another reason why I'm a loyal Delta Diamond member approaching my million miler status. Keep those little dirty fvckers out of our airplanes. Story made even better in that they flew home on Southwest, an airline I outright refuse to fly no matter how much savings are involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT