ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati hires Louisvilles HC

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001

Just days after Fickell agreed to go to Wisconsin, Cincy has their new HC from a P5 school.

Yet its better than Brown at WVU- notice the winning record. So if you put that down. How can you possibly champion Brown?
For starts were am I champion Brown? Secondly if you are suggesting that wvu should spend 16 mil to buyout Brown and then Hire a coach that is one game above 500 then you're a fool. Satterfield would not excite the fan base he is leaving Louisville before they fire his ass. He just found a place stupid enough to hire him.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If he had been hired here to replace Brown you would be shitting yourself and bitching like a ho.
I always felt that Fickell wasn’t really being considered here. He had a very solid team coming back for 2 years and TOSU could have been a reality for him.

Ironically, Louisville plays Cincinnati in a bowl game in a couple weeks.

Thinking Cincinnati is the better job, which is why he moved. ACC, as has been well documented, sort of screwed the pooch with that lengthy TV deal. Keeps the conference intact, but thinking they'll be weak by the end of that contract.

I always felt that Fickell wasn’t really being considered here. He had a very solid team coming back for 2 years and TOSU could have been a reality for him.
Fickell turned down WVU stated as much in several interviews. But I was pointing out Bucky claiming Satterfield as a great hire For Cincinnati and WVU didn't move on him. When in fact he would have stated a lame hire had he come here.

Fickell turned down WVU stated as much in several interviews. But I was pointing out Bucky claiming Satterfield as a great hire For Cincinnati and WVU didn't move on him. When in fact he would have stated a lame hire had he come here.
Does the Buck still not realize that WVU isn't searching for a new FB coach?

Reactions: Euell
For starts were am I champion Brown? Secondly if you are suggesting that wvu should spend 16 mil to buyout Brown and then Hire a coach that is one game above 500 then you're a fool. Satterfield would not excite the fan base he is leaving Louisville before they fire his ass. He just found a place stupid enough to hire him.
Since you attack me and others when we comment on Browns dismal record its pretty obvious loon. No one said anything about WVU hiring Satterfield, but you put down Cincy for doing it and put down his winning record and I simply commented that he has a better record than loser Brown. Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

Because it was at Louisville in the ACC. ACC has 5 easy games every year. Louisville, Virginia Tech, should win nine
Excuses excuses. Browns only winning was at a G5 school in a G5 league before that league was very good- yet you clowns tout that all the time as though it matters. A winning record is a winning record and a losing one is a losing one. No need for spin.

Since you attack me and others when we comment on Browns dismal record its pretty obvious loon. No one said anything about WVU hiring Satterfield, but you put down Cincy for doing it and put down his winning record and I simply commented that he has a better record than loser Brown. Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?
So you would praise Brown if he was 25-24 record and claim him as the best hire ever.

Satterfield 16-23 vs P5 teams, 3-7 vs ranked teams, 7-1 G5 and 2-0 FCS.

What a powerhouse hire. They should have just hired Brown.

Excuses excuses. Browns only winning was at a G5 school in a G5 league before that league was very good- yet you clowns tout that all the time as though it matters. A winning record is a winning record and a losing one is a losing one. No need for spin.
Satterfield 15-18 vs ACC.

Not attacking you just pointing out your stupidity. Really you think hiring a guy with a 25-24 record is a good thing? That record is against Acc Competition. We have listened to your endless rants over the years of how terrible the Acc is. So, I guess this is bad hire using your logic.

Reactions: Euell and WVUALLEN
Providing facts is not spinning information. You just said it yourself. Brown won in G5. You’re comparing that accomplishment to power five scheduling. Same thing here. ACC, as a whole, over the past several years has been the weakest conference. This guy struggled against basketball schools.

He left the ACC for the big 12 because it is a massive step up, however this guy must be one hell of a salesman to land that job. Cincinnati really needed to nail that one and they did not in my opinion. Luke is out the door and a AC competition is too.

The Cincinnati diehards have got to be devastated. Scott Frost, Tom Herman would have been a better hire with those records. It wouldn’t be any different if we fired Brown and hired Herm Edwards.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Wonder if Buckey Knows Satterfield coached at G5 and former FCS school Appalachain State?

Providing facts is not spinning information. You just said it yourself. Brown won in G5. You’re comparing that accomplishment to power five scheduling. Same thing here. ACC, as a whole, over the past several years has been the weakest conference. This guy struggled against basketball schools.

He left the ACC for the big 12 because it is a massive step up, however this guy must be one hell of a salesman to land that job. Cincinnati really needed to nail that one and they did not in my opinion. Luke is out the door and a AC competition is too.

The Cincinnati diehards have got to be devastated. Scott Frost, Tom Herman would have been a better hire with those records. It wouldn’t be any different if we fired Brown and hired Herm Edwards.
I think the real reason he left was for a lifeline. His seat was getting uncomfortable at Louisville so he got out before he was thrown out. Just like Holgorsen left wvu and Tuberville left Texas Tech

I think the real reason he left was for a lifeline. His seat was getting uncomfortable at Louisville so he got out before he was thrown out. Just like Holgorsen left wvu and Tuberville left Texas Tech
Oh this was a tremendous move for him. He made out like a bandit. Almost as good as getting a massive extension being .500 lol. Good for him but Cincy has been Kraigthorped.

Oh this was a tremendous move for him. He made out like a bandit. Almost as good as getting a massive extension being .500 lol. Good for him but Cincy has been Kraigthorped.
Louisville is excited as well. They didn't have to pay the buyout.

Satterfield has two years remaining on his current contract, which puts his buyout at $3.5 million since it will be terminated before Dec. 31, 2022. According to his contract, the amount is to be paid in monthly installments, though Cincinnati could negotiate the amount.

Satterfield was 8-5 his first season and received a contract extension over 1 million after his first year. Satterfield then proceeded to go 17-21 after the extension. Sounds familiar.

ADVERTISEMENT