ADVERTISEMENT

Christopher Columbus is not even safe

Link

Libs have left the reservation.

The latest trend on Facebook is something along the lines of "If someone kidnapped, raped and sold your child, where would you want their statue erected at."

I'm telling you they will soon go after Washington, Jefferson, etc.

The latest trend on Facebook is something along the lines of "If someone kidnapped, raped and sold your child, where would you want their statue erected at."

I hope they do. This is that dumb shit that most of America voted for Trump because of.

Some folks might want to research and find out who was doing most of the "selling".

Link

Libs have left the reservation.

The White Supremacists were just exercising their first amendment right and not speaking for the conservatives in C-ville......but then you link a small gathering of protesters and tie to all liberals. Can't have it both ways THE. Idiotic speech is idiotic no matter what side it comes from.

Well Columbus was a horrible human being.
That may be, but it's not like he sailed from Spain declaring that he would eradicate whatever populations he encountered. That came later in the guise of "converting" the savages, but the revisionists want to transform Columbus into the leader of a planned genocide.

Reactions: EEResistable
That may be, but it's not like he sailed from Spain declaring that he would eradicate whatever populations he encountered. That came later in the guise of "converting" the savages, but the revisionists want to transform Columbus into the leader of a planned genocide.
Gold digger

What is more amazing is that a false history was made up about people like Columbus and and their are actually people who want to keep that in tact dispite the fact that it is not true. Columbus never stepped foot on America and he killed natives for no reason. That is his true history.

Reactions: Boomboom521
What is more amazing is that a false history was made up about people like Columbus and and their are actually people who want to keep that in tact dispite the fact that it is not true. Columbus never stepped foot on America and he killed natives for no reason. That is his true history.
Hence it not being called US of Columbus. Columbus's vision and bravery are responsible for finding the Americas for the civilized world. That's what he is celebrated for you dolt. Let's not apply today's morality to 525 years ago. That's just absurd logic and reasoning.

He did not find the Americas for the "civilized world" (How are you defining civilized). He was neither brave or a visionary. If you want to talk about history lets talk about the truth not a myth.

He did not find the Americas for the "civilized world" (How are you defining civilized). He was neither brave or a visionary. If you want to talk about history lets talk about the truth not a myth.
Despite the Norse and Celtic coming prior, they didn't qualify as the civilized world.

I'd argue the Norse were civilized.
Following the classical definition of civilization, sure.

First, by his douchey reply to me, he didn't think I knew about Leif Erickson and the Celts before, or Columbus killing the natives. I'm aware of Columbus being ousted from his Governorship and having to be pardoned.

Second, the Norse weren't part of what I'd call cooperating albeit often belligerent civilized nations. They weren't technology sharing and they didn't impart the knowledge of their discovery on the rest of civilization.

In short, dude was being a douche.

ADVERTISEMENT