ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Peterson resigns as HC of Washington

Insert skeptical emoji.

ESPNU Radio speculated he wants to go to a more visible program than where he has been before (Washington and Boise) while he is still young because he is tired of having to lobby for his program to get respect (Washington - they were saying - is hindered by being in the P12 and is not in LA).

I figure he wants to take a year off, then essentially be courted by all the big jobs willing to throw money at him next year.

Look for USC to hang on to clay Helton this year and then cut ties next season and offer Peterson.

Reactions: countryroads89
Very surprising!! I bet he’s coaching somewhere else next year. Florida state?

His sons cancer was reportedly why he stayed in Boise so long.

Peterson is probably the most underrated coach in football.

Maybe now Mike Leach can win a rivalry game. Nah he’ll still lose.

Reports state that the family is healthy and it’s just a case of burnout right now for Coach Peterson.
I’m sure he will take a year off and then come back with a nice, nationally recognized team.

Texas, USC, ND, Michigan are a few top tier programs who may have openings soon.

My bet has always been Urban Meyer will be the next ND coach.

On ESPN they said people who know him arent surprised that the lack of name and instant success he just isnt wired that way and will go elsewhere

My bet has always been Urban Meyer will be the next ND coach.

I wouldn’t bet on that. ND is not a place you win at like back in the day. Plus Meyer has a lot of baggage (I guess the winners he’s left at Ohio State, Florida, Utah, and Bowling Green with some less than desirable individuals) that’s reportedly making even USC baulk. I can’t imagine ND asking now and for the 2nd time to get turned down (remember they offered and Meyer went to Florida instead)

I think Urb will go to the Pros, if he goes anywhere. Imo though the guy is the BEST studio analyst I’ve ever seen. That Fox kickoff show with him is better than any segment espn has. He breaks down games and offense and strategy in short direct to the point statements that are dead on once the game starts.

He's 55, has plenty of money in the bank and doesn't appear to have the burning desire to get after it until he drops dead. Time is a much greater asset than money and if the average holds true, he has a little over 20 years on this planet. I'd take the money and enjoy every possible moment with my family.

Reactions: doneagain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT