ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly

ColoradoMountaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2007
Now that the eagles have fired Chip Kelly where does he end up if he comes back to the college Level? LSU and Texas Am might have openings next season if things don't work out

My sources tell me we're actually in discussions with him... ...our bowl game result a large part of the (what if) discussion.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
The guy destroyed an NFL franchise in record time. The shine is off.

Really?

So.....

10-6
10-6
6-9

That is "destroying" the Eagles? He took some gambled risks on McCoy and Foles. Murray was a great addition, but a bust in his system. Bradford hasn't been all that bad, to be honest.

I guess I just disagree that he should have been fired. Winning 26 games and losing 21 in the NFL isn't all that bad....just saying.

I can only imagine the pressure and temptation on Lyons to go after Kelly, especially if DH doesn't pull off this bowl game. It's not very often that a guy like that is going to be eligible.

What would it hurt to reach out to his agent and see if there is any interest in 2017 (not next year) and how much it would take? Regardless of this bowl game, I don't see how Lyons can go back on his word about Holgorsen returning next year. That would be wrong to do. Also, I don't see Chip Kelly taking a job next year. He knows teams will come calling.....perhaps even Oregon if they don't win 10+ games next year and have a season like they did this year. You also have Texas A&M, LSU, Texas....just to name a few.

According to a report on Yahoo Sports a few hours ago, Kelly and his agent are shopping for an NFL job.

Kelly, I would think, is like most ex-college guys who head to the pro's. They tire of having to please a plethora of boosters (bosses) and sucking up to 18 year old kids who think the world revolves around them in order to get them to come to Big State U.

In the NFL you have one boss and get to pick and generally choose talent based on your teams ability to pay and the players proven ability to play the pro game. In college you deal with unpredictable talent, whether Ma, Pa, and the kid's HS coach like you, not to mention who's offering who what under the table.

My sources tell me we're actually in discussions with him... ...our bowl game result a large part of the (what if) discussion.

Is your "source" one of your other personalities? That really wouldn't count, because that would still kind of be...well....you.

Unless that personality is a mistress of someone in the AD.

What would it hurt to reach out to his agent and see if there is any interest in 2017 (not next year) and how much it would take? Regardless of this bowl game, I don't see how Lyons can go back on his word about Holgorsen returning next year. That would be wrong to do. Also, I don't see Chip Kelly taking a job next year. He knows teams will come calling.....perhaps even Oregon if they don't win 10+ games next year and have a season like they did this year. You also have Texas A&M, LSU, Texas....just to name a few.

If we got Chip Kelly, no one would give a warm crap about us backing out on Dana. HC's do it to schools on a yearly basis.

According to a report on Yahoo Sports a few hours ago, Kelly and his agent are shopping for an NFL job.

Kelly, I would think, is like most ex-college guys who head to the pro's. They tire of having to please a plethora of boosters (bosses) and sucking up to 18 year old kids who think the world revolves around them in order to get them to come to Big State U.

In the NFL you have one boss and get to pick and generally choose talent based on your teams ability to pay and the players proven ability to play the pro game. In college you deal with unpredictable talent, whether Ma, Pa, and the kid's HS coach like you, not to mention who's offering who what under the table.

The Eagles kind of screwed Chip with this. I think that team will be good next year with him there. Now he looks like a micro-manager that maybe has some race issues. No NFL team would hire him as a HC based on what happened this year and the rumors on how he gets along with those above him.

Dana does need an offensive coordinator, but Chip Kelly doesn't even know how to shoot a gun.

iu

Chip Kelly is not going to come to WVU. Southern Cal just talked to him and he didn't go. Get real.

Really?

So.....

10-6
10-6
6-9

That is "destroying" the Eagles? He took some gambled risks on McCoy and Foles. Murray was a great addition, but a bust in his system. Bradford hasn't been all that bad, to be honest.

I guess I just disagree that he should have been fired. Winning 26 games and losing 21 in the NFL isn't all that bad....just saying.

It wasn't necessarily the record but how he lost the locker room. Initially I thought the same but Bradford has been pretty bad. 17 TD's and 14 int's with a 84 QBR in the NFL is the bottom tier for a full time starter. Especially when you consider he is supposed to be in a high octane offense.

The regression is bad especially when the roster got worse (his doing) under his lead. Not to mention they went from the second youngest team in the NFL when he took over to the 5th oldest. When you're buying to groceries that's a no no. Good move to cut bait IMO> http://www.phillyvoice.com/jeffrey-lurie-was-right-release-chip-kelly/

Chip Kelly is not going to come to WVU. Southern Cal just talked to him and he didn't go. Get real.

USC is a mess right now. Pat Haden is a screw-up as well. Too many headaches there. I don't blame him. Their offense also doesn't match what Chip does.

WVU has a far worse recruiting base to pull from, but everything else at WVU is better than USC right now. Chip getting a 4 star QB recruit in a month (which frankly would be super easy for him) and plugging him into our existing offense with Chip running it would be hell on wheels.

USC is a mess right now. Pat Haden is a screw-up as well. Too many headaches there. I don't blame him. Their offense also doesn't match what Chip does.

WVU has a far worse recruiting base to pull from, but everything else at WVU is better than USC right now. Chip getting a 4 star QB recruit in a month (which frankly would be super easy for him) and plugging him into our existing offense with Chip running it would be hell on wheels.

Ask Chip Kelly or any other "top notch" coach if they think WVU is a better situation than USC. USC is a blue blood program. Everything they have is a step up. I am a WVU fan, but sometimes you must be realistic. There are probably a few jobs Kelly would consider in college, but WVU isn't one of them.

Ask Chip Kelly or any other "top notch" coach if they think WVU is a better situation than USC. USC is a blue blood program. Everything they have is a step up. I am a WVU fan, but sometimes you must be realistic. There are probably a few jobs Kelly would consider in college, but WVU isn't one of them.

USC has been through a messy NCAA penalty, an incompetent AD, enabling an alcoholic HC that has embarrassed the university. This is a bad time at USC right now and boosters want USC to be 2005 all over again. Now. That is perhaps the most toxic HC position in college sports right now. Blue blood or no blue blood. Chip is a top 3 CFB HC. There is no way he takes on that head ache. I also agree he won't consider WVU either. I am saying RIGHT NOW there are probably 30 jobs better than USC and WVU is one of those.

USC has been through a messy NCAA penalty, an incompetent AD, enabling an alcoholic HC that has embarrassed the university. This is a bad time at USC right now and boosters want USC to be 2005 all over again. Now. That is perhaps the most toxic HC position in college sports right now. Blue blood or no blue blood. Chip is a top 3 CFB HC. There is no way he takes on that head ache. I also agree he won't consider WVU either. I am saying RIGHT NOW there are probably 30 jobs better than USC and WVU is one of those.

And I'm saying whether you or I consider WVU a "job better than USC", No top 3 CFB HC is coming to WVU. Too many challenges to overcome at WVU--and besides that WVU has a HC.

Keep in mind Kelly talked to USC about their supposedly horrid situation. WVU isn't even on his radar.

Really?

So.....

10-6
10-6
6-9

If the Kelly NFL record served to destroy the Eagles.....................the coach before him did a pretty good job (of destruction) in his own right. In addition, a lot of NFL teams got destroyed this year (and in previous years) by their respective coaches. Half an inch of water.............think your gonna drown. Warez [banana]

Dana does need an offensive coordinator, but Chip Kelly doesn't even know how to shoot a gun.

iu

Wvu can hire Chip Kelly as coach and then he can hire Dana as his OC and Dana would finally get that extension you have been pimping him for over the last year

PS Can you stop posting pictures of your relatives we already see enough pictures of your wife

And I'm saying whether you or I consider WVU a "job better than USC", No top 3 CFB HC is coming to WVU. Too many challenges to overcome at WVU--and besides that WVU has a HC.

Keep in mind Kelly talked to USC about their supposedly horrid situation. WVU isn't even on his radar.

Every team has a coach whether there good or not is the question

Chip Kelly? Yea right he's terrible look at him the Eagles fired him lol...(psst don't look at what he did at Oregon) every High Information Fan knows nobody except Dana Holgorsen can build a winning program at WVU duh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT