ADVERTISEMENT

Chances Dana is our coach after next season?

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
Now that Grier is coming back for his senior year, one would hope they we will have a really good season next year.

Do you think Dana is going to use that as his ticket to a bigger job?

With as much turnover is if you seen this off-season, you would assume more of the same next year.

Now that Grier is coming back for his senior year, one would hope they we will have a really good season next year.

With as much turnover is if you seen this off-season, you would assume more of the same next year.

Uh, where's he going? The (big) jobs are already filled, right?

I'd say pretty good unless he bottoms out and has a losing season.

Contrary to what a lot of people on this board say, I think Dana likes it at WVU and he doesn't seem to me to be the type that is always looking to jump ship.

Of course money talks, so if he gets 5-6 million a year he could leave, but I doubt he gets that type of offer.

Every coach always looks for the next best thing with big money. If not then how do you expect him to renegotiate a contract at his present school. If offered a job I personally don't see WVU fighting to keep him. If he stays I won't mind that either.

He will stay...contract conditions, low expectations for anything but a middle of the pack performance by Mountaineer nation, should have a better than average 2018, and not on the hot list around the country. I prefer to say stuck than stay.

Wow you are a deep thinker aren't you? Looking for a pillow fight lol?
Nope, just saying that while Don Knotts became nationally known in the early '60s he may not have been identified with Morgantown; whereas West and Hundley and Rod Thorn had a direct connection to WVU and Morgantown. I think later in his career Knotts became more identified as a Morgantown native.

If he has a good year he could definitely leverage a new HC position, imo...but if the season falls flat I could see him getting replaced here.

Texas Tech might open up next year, not that I know their roster.

He's a good coach, I think if he really wanted out of WVU he would have been gone last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
It's 100% that Holgs will staaaaay at WVU and continue to mine the gold in them thar hills of West Virginia. He can stay here and make his fortune with his genius mind for the offense. Hail, he's already got more gold than 99.9% of the folks in the dadgum state. Warez

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Oh I think he stays.
..He can win 9 games at WVU every year and be safe [ If WG stayed healthy it could have been ]
..If he can't win 9 games a year... not even safe here!
If Dana takes a bigger offer with a higher bar and fails... he's likely back to OC

Oh I think he stays.
..He can win 9 games at WVU every year and be safe [ If WG stayed healthy it could have been ]
..If he can't win 9 games a year... not even safe here!
If Dana takes a bigger offer with a higher bar and fails... he's likely back to OC

Ole son............you kidding. Right? Holgs can make a living at WV with 6 or 7 wins per season. Shake the Pepsi Cola outta your ears. One more thing. If Dana takes a bigger job that means more money for at least 5 years. How do you hurt this man when he is sitting on a sack of seeds? By throwing him in the OC briarpatch? Really? Warez

Reactions: wvpaper
I don't see him leaving unless it is a "dream" type job. That said, I don't know enough about the man to know what that would be. However, one could assume that if the Iowa job was open, since it is his home state, that he might be interested

Heard Holgy’s dream job was Linsley Academy. Is their job open?

His son will be a senior and graduate next year. I always figured Dana wasn't moving until he graduated, especially since he's a qb with all the kids he's played with for four years. So yeah, after next year, there's no reason to stay.

He'll win 9 games and be out.

His son will be a senior and graduate next year. I always figured Dana wasn't moving until he graduated, especially since he's a qb with all the kids he's played with for four years. So yeah, after next year, there's no reason to stay.

He'll win 9 games and be out.

His son graduating also made me post this. He can use that to leverage a scholarship that he otherwise wouldnt get.

I’m sure Dana would love to coach his kid

Has done that two years out of seven lol. BTW: Nine wins a year wasn't enough for BS...but hey being hip, cool and sucking Red Bull is worth something huh?

You aren't even trying to compare BS career 9,9,9 in the BE with anything in the B12. Let's not be stupid about this comparison. Not even close. That doesn't even take into consideration the direction of the program after 3 years under the painter.

He will have a good record next season against a down big 12, yet still not win it. He will then get extension and proceed to have 7 win seasons at best.

no matter how anybody does the DH fan boy spin the football program is stuck in first gear. Maybe thats why WVU got picked 7th in the Big 12-2=10 bowl lineup sweepstakes lol. And according to the ticket folks at WVU the Mountaineers will once again loss money on their participation trophy game in Dallas. But hey ticket sales are at a whopping eleven hundred...give the clown another raise and more time to build another 7 win team.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
no matter how anybody does the DH fan boy spin the football program is stuck in first gear. Maybe thats why WVU got picked 7th in the Big 12-2=10 bowl lineup sweepstakes lol. And according to the ticket folks at WVU the Mountaineers will once again loss money on their participation trophy game in Dallas. But hey ticket sales are at a whopping eleven hundred...give the clown another raise and more time to build another 7 win team.
We don't lose money on bowls. The conference takes all bowl revenue and splits in evenly with the exception of travel costs and bonus $s for making the playoffs. Whine about something else.

well guess what you made my point...“We receive a travel reimbursement from the league,” said WVU athletic director Shane Lyons. “Our philosophy has always been to break even with our travel expenses. But there’s a good chance our expenses will surpass our reimbursement.”

Now stop whining about whining lol.

Last edited:

200w.gif

Chances Dana’s fanboys spend 2018 making another thousand threads worrying about how a coach nobody else wants is going to “take another job” just like they have every other year he’s been here? 100%

Dana fan boys don't have to worry about anything. Blue bloods want National championships not scrub bowl games played the day after Christmas. Next year will be more of the same only the excuses will change.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT