ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Take

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
Thinking there's probably three teams locked into a spot, assuming neither Michigan or Texas Christian get walloped on Saturday.

That leaves three teams to get into the 4th spot.

USC wins on Friday night, they're in. It's going to be interesting to see the rankings come out tomorrow night at 7 o'clock, to see who is ranked 5th and 6th (between Alabama and Ohio State). Neither obviously play this week, but can back into the 4th spot if USC loses to Utah, which is going to be a very good football game that could go either way. If USC loses and they put Bama in there, I'm guessing they'll also move Bama to the 3rd spot, just to avoid having an all-SEC matchup in the opening round.

I'm predicting Ohio State comes in at 5 tomorrow night, which will have both Finebaum and Saban crying like children the rest of the week.

I predict that Alabama will be the first two-loss team selected for the CFP. No Ohio State employee or fan should complain, however, as pi$$ing down your leg in your biggest game of the year should disqualify you from the CFP. Take care of your business on the Field and don't leave the decision up to "experts," who may be biased in favor or against you. Having stated all of this, it's freakin' hilarious to hear fans of a team too sh!tty to qualify for one of the countless bowl games talkin' sh!t about an 11-1 team.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

College Football Playoff Rankings, Nov. 29​

1. Georgia (12-0)
  2. Michigan (12-0)
  3. TCU (12-0)
  4. USC (11-1)
  5. Ohio State (11-1)
  6. Alabama (10-2)
  7. Tennessee (10-2)
  8. Penn State (10-2)
  9. Clemson (10-2)
  10. Kansas State (9-3)
  11. Utah (9-3)
  12. Washington (10-2)
  13. Florida State (9-3)
  14. LSU (9-3)
  15. Oregon State (9-3)
  16. Oregon (9-3)
  17. UCLA (9-3)
  18. Tulane (10-2)
  19. South Carolina (8-4)
  20. Texas (8-4)
  21. Notre Dame (8-4)
  22. UCF (9-3)
  23. North Carolina (9-3)
  24. Mississippi State (8-4)
  25. NC State (8-4)

Analysis by bowls expert Jerry Palm​

All in all, there were no surprises at the top of the CFP Rankings. The only question that needed to be answered was which team would be No. 5. That is important because, if USC falters against Utah for the second time now with the Pac-12 title on the line, the Trojans will likely fall out of CFP contention with Ohio State taking their place.

Losses by LSU, Clemson and Oregon sucked much of the drama out of the race for the CFP as the three undefeated teams at the top of the rankings -- Georgia, Michigan, TCU -- will be in the playoff, win or lose. It is an indication of how strong their performances have been from start to finish this season.

Though some have questioned TCU, just look at which team is sitting at No. 10. It's the Horned Frogs' opponent in the Big 12 Championship Game, Kansas State. That shows the level of respect the CFP Selection Committee has for the Wildcats. Also, among those three undefeated teams, TCU will be playing the highest-ranked team in its league title game.

The rankings are not only important for selecting the CFP participants as they often play a role in selecting teams for the New Year's Six games. The rankings can be used to pick replacements for bowls that lose a conference champion to the CFP, and they also determine at-large spots.

For instance, Georgia's opponent in the SEC Championship Game, LSU, got hammered by the committee for its loss to moribund Texas A&M. The Tigers dropped all the way to 14th and are out of range for selection to a New Year's Six game. LSU's only chance now is to win its way into the Sugar Bowl. The SEC could have put four teams in the New Year's Six if the Tigers had defeated the Aggies.

Absolute MUST wins for USC and TCU. Should either Uga or Chicken Feet helmets falter then we have a pick 2 out of 3 with Uga, chicken feet and nuts, because whoever upsets one of those two has too many losses to get to the final four

I predict that Alabama will be the first two-loss team selected for the CFP. No Ohio State employee or fan should complain, however, as pi$$ing down your leg in your biggest game of the year should disqualify you from the CFP. Take care of your business on the Field and don't leave the decision up to "experts," who may be biased in favor or against you. Having stated all of this, it's freakin' hilarious to hear fans of a team too sh!tty to qualify for one of the countless bowl games talkin' sh!t about an 11-1 team.
can't see it....that would be a totally money based decision....

Thinking there's probably three teams locked into a spot, assuming neither Michigan or Texas Christian get walloped on Saturday.

That leaves three teams to get into the 4th spot.

USC wins on Friday night, they're in. It's going to be interesting to see the rankings come out tomorrow night at 7 o'clock, to see who is ranked 5th and 6th (between Alabama and Ohio State). Neither obviously play this week, but can back into the 4th spot if USC loses to Utah, which is going to be a very good football game that could go either way. If USC loses and they put Bama in there, I'm guessing they'll also move Bama to the 3rd spot, just to avoid having an all-SEC matchup in the opening round.

I'm predicting Ohio State comes in at 5 tomorrow night, which will have both Finebaum and Saban crying like children the rest of the week.
Lets say for debates sake that LSU just beats the crap out of Uga and Purdue upsets michigan. Do you then bring ahia state back in because their only loss was to a higher ranked opponent and by less points?...you pretty much have to.....LSU is 14th and I don't think Purdue is ranked, so now you have a really hard choice to make between those 3 schools...and if TCU or USC loses then it's Katy bar the door...should be interesting

Lets say for debates sake that LSU just beats the crap out of Uga and Purdue upsets michigan. Do you then bring ahia state back in because their only loss was to a higher ranked opponent and by less points?...you pretty much have to.....LSU is 14th and I don't think Purdue is ranked, so now you have a really hard choice to make between those 3 schools...and if TCU or USC loses then it's Katy bar the door...should be interesting
Didn't I already answer your question in my initial post?

UCLA wins, they round out the top 4. UCLA loses, Ohio State rounds out the top 4.

No other drama out there, other than maybe if TCU were to get routed, maybe the committee would look to move Ohio State in above them, but that's a long shot (in my opinion). If Michigan were to get dick stomped by Purdue, Ohio State wouldn't be moved ahead of them, nor would Alabama.

I can't even imagine how upset you would be if Ohio State gets in, and even more upset if Ohio State were to play Michigan for the national championship.

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal

UCLA wins, they round out the top 4. UCLA loses, Ohio State rounds out the top 4.

No other drama out there, other than maybe if TCU were to get routed, maybe the committee would look to move Ohio State in above them, but that's a long shot (in my opinion). If Michigan were to get dick stomped by Purdue, Ohio State wouldn't be moved ahead of them, nor would Alabama.

I can't even imagine how upset you would be if Ohio State gets in, and even more upset if Ohio State were to play Michigan for the national championship.
nope....I'm just an interested observer...I'd like to see TCU win it all just to get some new blood in the championship picture.....give me some snacks and adult beverages

nope....I'm just an interested observer...I'd like to see TCU win it all just to get some new blood in the championship picture.....give me some snacks and adult beverages
Nah, you want to see TCU win it all, because you WVU fans (for reasons unknown) are first and foremost conference fans. I doubt you would see a Michigan fan openly root for another B1G team to win it all, or any other B1G team openly rooting for one of their rivals. Just look at CFE's posts over the years. Big XII wins by any team brings out joyful glee from the minions.

Reactions: KingCoal
Nah, you want to see TCU win it all, because you WVU fans (for reasons unknown) are first and foremost conference fans. I doubt you would see a Michigan fan openly root for another B1G team to win it all, or any other B1G team openly rooting for one of their rivals. Just look at CFE's posts over the years. Big XII wins by any team brings out joyful glee from the minions.
wrong again,,,if it were Texas I would hope they got their heads beat in....

M-Herd has accurately diagnosed, dissected, and disposed of Sled. Film at 11:00 p.m....

you are evidently drunk a little early today....if the chicken helmets lose and the nuts get in will you put on scarlet and gray and a nut head?
I've already answered that question as well. Do you need Humpty to stop by and interpret my posts for you?

Thing is, many of you WVU boys were giddy as hell when the Big XII was doing good in the NCAA tournament a couple years back, despite Fat Bob getting eliminated in the 2nd round by Syracuse in 2021.

Makes no sense to me to have a parade through Morgantown to celebrate Baylor's success, but I've seen weirder things in Morgantown over my lifetime.

• Haha
Reactions: Humptod
I've already answered that question as well. Do you need Humpty to stop by and interpret my posts for you?

Thing is, many of you WVU boys were giddy as hell when the Big XII was doing good in the NCAA tournament a couple years back, despite Fat Bob getting eliminated in the 2nd round by Syracuse in 2021.

Makes no sense to me to have a parade through Morgantown to celebrate Baylor's success, but I've seen weirder things in Morgantown over my lifetime.
I dont care about any B12 team other than WV...if a conference team wins something then ok

I have to be honest: When it comes to Big 12 homerism, Sled is not nearly as bad as some other WVU fans, such as CuyahogaFalls, who likely hung Baylor and Kansas banners when these schools won basketball titles. I blame SEC fans for conference obsession. Fans of the SEC's lesser programs like to hide behind Alabama.

Just curious. What does UCLA have to do with any CFP picture? Did you mean USC?

thumb2-utah-utes-american-football-team-creative-american-flag-red-and-white-flag-ncaa.jpg

I dont care about any B12 team other than WV...if a conference team wins something then ok
Caught in another lie. How many posts have you made about your man love for TCU since you posted the lie above? Only 90-year-old CuyahogaFallsCriesinhisBeer is a bigger Big 12 homer than you, as that ancient fool is ready to hang a horny toad banner in his single wide...LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT