ADVERTISEMENT

CFB rankings ... don't wait till Tuesday to read it

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
The College Football Pretzel committee can stay home. I’ll pick the Tuesday rankings for them.

1. Alabama (10-0) Maybe they’ll believe me now that Georgia didn’t belong #1. Yes, Tide had close game. But Alabama does one thing well every game and every season: Win. Must be that Monongah High influence.
  2. Miami (9-0) Even before ND I saw that the Hurricanes had too much speed on offense and defense for most teams to handle, including Notre Dame.
  3. Oklahoma (8-1) Baker Mayfield keeps bailing out the Sooners. Heisman, maybe?
  4. Clemson (9-1)
  5. Wisconsin (10-0)
  6. Auburn (8-2)
  7. Notre Dame (8-2)
  8. Washington (8-2)
  9. Ohio State (8-2)
GAMES LEFT

Alabama – Mercer (mercy!), Auburn (close, but another Tide win)

Miami – Virginia, Pitt (a gimme home stretch)

Oklahoma – Kansas, West Virginia (Grier might be a problem for Sooners)

Clemson – The Citadel, South Carolina

Wisconsin – Michigan, Minnesota to continue cakewalk schedule. Ohio State in Big 10 title game will be interesting.

Auburn – Lemon-Monroe (lemon opponent), Alabama

Then, of course, the conference title games.

Georgia? SEC East champ that will lose to Alabama in the SEC title game. #1 Georgia, my ass.

#10 Auburn 40, #1 Georgia 17

#2 Alabama 31, Mississippi State 24

#7 Miami 41, #3 Notre Dame 8

#4 Clemson 31, Florida State 14

#5 Oklahoma 38, #6 TCU 14

#8 Wisconsin 38, Iowa 14

Stanford 30, #9 Washington 22

#11 Southern Cal 38, Colorado 24

#14 Penn State 35, Rutgers 6

#15 Oklahoma State 49, #21 Iowa State 42

Georgia Tech 28, #17 Virginia Tech 22

#18 Central Florida 49, Connecticut 24

#19 Washington State 33, Utah 25

#23 North Carolina State 17, Boston College 14

#24 LSU 33, Arkansas 10

#25 Northwestern 23, Purdue 13

The College Football Pretzel committee can stay home. I’ll pick the Tuesday rankings for them.

1. Alabama (10-0) Maybe they’ll believe me now that Georgia didn’t belong #1. Yes, Tide had close game. But Alabama does one thing well every game and every season: Win. Must be that Monongah High influence.
  2. Miami (9-0) Even before ND I saw that the Hurricanes had too much speed on offense and defense for most teams to handle, including Notre Dame.
  4. Clemson (9-1)
  5. Wisconsin (10-0)
  6. Auburn (8-2)
  7. Notre Dame (8-2)
  8. Washington (8-2)
  9. Ohio State (8-2)
GAMES LEFT

Wisconsin – Michigan, Minnesota to continue cakewalk schedule. Ohio State in Big 10 title game will be interesting.

Georgia? SEC East champ that will lose to Alabama in the SEC title game. #1 Georgia, my ass.

#8 Wisconsin 38, Iowa 14

#24 LSU 33, Arkansas 10

Not bad CFE but Miami @ #2 is a stretch. Miami is more a #3-4 at this point unless they keep winning then yeah #2 rank would make sense.

Not bad CFE but Miami @ #2 is a stretch. Miami is more a #3-4 at this point unless they keep winning then yeah #2 rank would make sense.
I've seen Miami play more than once. They have so much speed on offense and defense that they are a problem for anyone they play. And the swagger of champions. I put them at #2 via the eyeball test, based on my two decades of paid expertise at spotting such things. Doesn't mean they can't lose, but they overcome overplaying the ball quicker than anyone I've seen in a long time. Watch a part of one of their games and you'll see what I mean. I was right about Georgia. I THINK I'm right about Miami.

I've seen Miami play more than once. They have so much speed on offense and defense that they are a problem for anyone they play. And the swagger of champions. I put them at #2 via the eyeball test, based on my two decades of paid expertise at spotting such things. Doesn't mean they can't lose, but they overcome overplaying the ball quicker than anyone I've seen in a long time. Watch a part of one of their games and you'll see what I mean. I was right about Georgia. I THINK I'm right about Miami.
the buckeyz passed the eye test this week....they need to be included in the top 4, i mean they played great this week and everyone loses in iowa city so you can't hold that against them

I've seen Miami play more than once.

That’s the issue... ...because there’s no way that all the coaches in the USAToday poll have seen all the top 10ish teams play once...not to mention twice. AP voters? Not a chance.

Playoff committee? Ummm...no go.

There might be a few reputable voters in each of the polls but most are just faking it and using polls with voters faking it for their ‘research’ resource.

Reactions: Phil
That’s the issue... ...because there’s no way that all the coaches in the USAToday poll have seen all the top 10ish teams play once...not to mention twice. AP voters? Not a chance.

Playoff committee? Ummm...no go.

There might be a few reputable voters in each of the polls but most are just faking it and using polls with voters faking it for their ‘research’ resource.

Nailed it! I've watched some of these teams more than the people who vote to rank them.

For the future: Rich Rodriguez has next season's maybe top Heisman QB in Khalil Tate, who averaged 11.4 yards per carry, and 155.4 PER GAME while being #1 in the Pac-12 in passing efficiency. I've watched him a couple of times. Give him another year (he's a sophomore) and he'll be the Baker Mayfield of the 2018 season.

Rich has found his Pat White at Arizona.

Bama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Wisconsin

Miami
Auburn
Georgia

No one else matters
Alabama is a lock.
Clemson vs Miami winner is a sure thing. Oklahoma has and easy schedule. 2 games against teams that they can beat by whatever margin they choose. I'm sure some delusional homer will try and argue that the big 12 isn't a one trick pony. The last spot is up for grabs.

4. Clemson (9-1)
  5. Wisconsin (10-0)
  6. Auburn (8-2)
  7. Notre Dame (8-2)
  8. Washington (8-2)
  9. Ohio State (8-2)
GAMES LEFT

#8 Wisconsin 38, Iowa 14

#24 LSU 33, Arkansas 10

Thank you for your almost complete listing of the Top 25 results. Amazingly (due to an innocent oversight, and not due to your extreme prejudice against Ohio State, I'm sure), you forgot this final score from Columbus:

No. 13 Ohio State 48, No. 12 Michigan State 3

You're welcome.

I've seen Miami play more than once. They have so much speed on offense and defense that they are a problem for anyone they play.
TD with 6 seconds left to beat 3-6 Florida St...FG with 4 seconds left to beat 5-4 Georgia Tech...beat 2-8 UNC by only 5 points...now one win over ND and they’re world-beaters

Alabama is a lock.
Clemson vs Miami winner is a sure thing. Oklahoma has and easy schedule. 2 games against teams that they can beat by whatever margin they choose. I'm sure some delusional homer will try and argue that the big 12 isn't a one trick pony. The last spot is up for grabs.

ACC in the 90's was or SEC at the current time.
If OU wins a 4th straight then possibly.

11 Oklahoma St
12 Kansas St
13 Baylor
14 Baylor/TCU
15 Oklahoma
16 Oklahoma

11 LSU
12 Bama
13 Bama
14 Bama
15 Bama
16 Bama

Florida St won the ACC 9 consecutive season from 1992-2000
And 12 out of 13 seasons
13 out of 15

7 different teams have won the Big XII since 2000 ( 6 in the current format as CU is no longer a conference member)
7 different B1G teams have won the B1G
5 different SEC teams have won the SEC
5 different PAC 12 teams
5 different ACC teams

Alabama is a lock.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Thank you for your almost complete listing of the Top 25 results. Amazingly (due to an innocent oversight, and not due to your extreme prejudice against Ohio State, I'm sure), you forgot this final score from Columbus:

No. 13 Ohio State 48, No. 12 Michigan State 3

You're welcome.
I only posted scores relevant to the national playoff picture.

Reactions: High St. 4 life
ADVERTISEMENT