ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Caught up with Tyrhee Pratt

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Capital (W.Va.) quarterback Tyrhee Pratt will play in his second consecutive state championship game this Saturday with an opportunity to repeat. It would be the first time a Capital quarterback would do that. Pratt said that this year has been a lot different than last year when the Cougars went undefeated because he had to go from being a guy to the guy on the team as they had to replace so many players including Kennedy Award Winner Kashaun Haley. Pratt told me he's had to become more vocal and outgoing which is something he didn't do in the past and also has become a better overall football player. He told me he is in regular contact with the West Virginia coaches and while some other schools have shown some interest he is solid in his commitment calling it a dream to play for the Mountaineers. He told me that the coaching staff is going to start him at quarterback when he first gets to school but they have also said they will see how it goes from there and if he needs to play another position. Pratt told me he has really liked the changes to the West Virginia offense and believes he would be a natural fit because it's very similar to what he does now. He plans to enroll in the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.