ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Caught up with new LB offer

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Davidson (N.C.) Davidson Day linebacker Chase Monroe camped at West Virginia over the weekend with his 7-on-7 team and impressed the coaches enough that he received a scholarship. If the high school seems familiar that is the school coached by Will Grier's father. Monroe is around 6-foot-2, 220-pounds, and runs well. Defensive coordinator Tony Gibson offered him a scholarship after his performance and he was able to take a tour of the campus and sat down with the assistant. He told me that he really liked coach Gibson and seemed to really click with him from the start. Monroe told me that Gibson said he could play all three of the linebacker spots in the 3-3-5 defense and that appeals to him because he can get on the field earlier. Monroe had a stop three of Wake Forest, Mississippi State and Kentucky but he told me that now West Virginia is definitely in the mix as well. Monroe told me that he will be making a visit to Wake Forest right after the dead period ends and then will be making trips to both Mississippi State and West Virginia in late July, with him looking at possibly coming for the Showtime Camp July 23. He's working on a visit to Kentucky. Monroe doesn't have any sort of timeline right now but he told me he will decide when he feels comfortable.

Reactions: spot the ball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.