ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Caught up with JUCO OL that visited

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Hutchinson C.C. (Kan.) offensive lineman Tate Leavitt told me that he really enjoyed his unofficial visit to West Virginia Thursday for a number of reasons. The offensive tackle spent time with Ron Crook going over film and breaking down how he could fit in the offense and one thing that was clear is that West Virginia offers him an opportunity to play early at the left tackle position. He also was very impressed with Mike Joseph, particularly because he is a self-described "metal-head" and the strength coach was blasting his type of music while they were working out. Leavitt just wrapped up a visit tour that saw him go to seven places but he told me that West Virginia definitely did itself a favor with the visit. Leavitt plans to announce a top eight, possibly as soon as tomorrow, but he told me that West Virginia will definitely be making that cut. He plans to narrow it further down to five soon and then will take his official visits before making a decision. I'll have a lot more in an article tomorrow morning.

Reactions: spot the ball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News