ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Caught up with 2017 RB

GregMadia

All-Conference
Apr 26, 2013
Earlier this evening I spoke with 2017 all-purpose running back Mike Epstein of St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Fort Lauderdale, FL) regarding his new offer from West Virginia. Currently, Epstein is committed to Illinois, but says he won't shut the door on any schools giving him an opportunity. Epstein told me West Virginia got involved with his recruitment a few months ago led by running backs coach JaJuan Seider and then a few days ago Seider made the official scholarship offer. Epstein says that him and Seider maintain a good relationship and that throughout the recruiting process, Seider has made sure to explain how well Epstein can fit into the West Virginia offense. Since, Epstein sees himself as a versatile running back, he likes that he would have a chance to both run the ball and catch it out of the backfield in Dana Holgorsen's offense. One interesting note Epstein passed along to me was that while he was watching the running backs during NFL Combine on TV a few days ago, Seider sent him a picture from Indianapolis of Wendell Smallwood. Seider made sure to tell Epstein that West Virginia produces at least one pro back every year, which has also appealed to Epstein.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News