ADVERTISEMENT

Cancel All Bowls

The playoffs are an even greater worthless risk. Who wants to take a chance at suffering a career ending injury by playing against some of the top talent in college football? Doesn't make sense to risk millions just for the entertainment of others.

Players sit out every year now. The bowl games are worthless risk. Just increase playoffs and be done with bowls. One way to do it is teams start saying no because we don't want to risk injuries our future as a team depends on it.
The slow death of bowls began the moment CFP began. It was predictable as the sunrise. All media, fan, and player attention is focused on the CFP. Anything else is gains no interest from fans or players. Leaving teams like OSU out of the playoffs almost guarantees an expansion of the playoffs. That will diminish bowls even more.

While I feel you are being facetious here, it is still a valid point.

In the not to distant past, college football stopped being about the game. It stopped being about the student-athletes. It stopped being about the alumni and fans.

It became all about the money.

For the NCAA, the conference, the schools, and the coaches.

But never about the student-athletes. Yet, its their brains, their bodies, their livelihoods, and futures being put on the line every Saturday.

When there is no oversight, no loyalty, no anything but greed from the NCAA, conference leaderships, schools, and coaches why should we get upset when there is none from the student-athlete? He's just trying to get his while he can like the rest of them.

That would ruin the regular season by putting 4 loss teams in.

We already have a playoff in CFB...
It is called the regular season.

Do you see 4 loss teams? There was no conference that had a team with less than 10 wins. There are 10 conferences an Independents. 10 teams 6 at large teams. Get rid of conference title games. Make all conferences 1 division. Play 12 games Do a ranking of the conference champs and the 6 invited. You must be scared of a true champion.

If those top 4 are really the 4 then they should take care of business and be there.

College Football Playoff Rankings

1. Alabama 13-0

2. Clemson 13-0
3. Notre Dame 12- 0
4. Oklahoma 12-1
5. Georgia 12-1 (WC)
6. Ohio State 12-1(WC)
7. UCF 12-0
8. Washington 10-3
9. Michigan 10-2 (WC)
10. LSU 9-3 (WC)
11. Appalachian State 10-2
12. Washington St. 10-2 (WC)
13. Fresno State 11-2
14. Utah State 10-2
15. Buffalo 10-3
16. UAB 10-3

Last edited:
Best idea Ive heard in awhile. Bowl games are the dumbest, overly commercial, and most outdated postseason format in the history of anything.

Do you see 4 loss teams? There was no ........

1. Alabama 13-0

2. Clemson 13-0
14. UAB 10-3
15. Buffalo 10-3
16. UAB 10-3

UAB in there at 14 & 16?

The playoffs are an even greater worthless risk. Who wants to take a chance at suffering a career ending injury by playing against some of the top talent in college football? Doesn't make sense to risk millions just for the entertainment of others.

Agree. Why do we need a national champion? Why do we need conference champions? You're only going to hurt some people's feelings. Everyone should get a participation trophy and why burden players with more risk at grabbing their millions? Let's eliminate the post season altogether. No conference championships, no bowls, no playoffs. Who cares who finished first in their conference and who cares who a "national champion" is? While we are at it, let's do away with those individual trophies like the Biletnikoff award. Those awards only encourage players to give that extra effort and that might cause them to injure themselves.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Do you see 4 loss teams? There was no conference that had a team with less than 10 wins. There are 10 conferences an Independents. 10 teams 6 at large teams. Get rid of conference title games. Make all conferences 1 division. Play 12 games Do a ranking of the conference champs and the 6 invited. You must be scared of a true champion.

If those top 4 are really the 4 then they should take care of business and be there.

1. Alabama 13-0

2. Clemson 13-0
3. Notre Dame 12- 0
4. Oklahoma 12-1
5. Georgia 12-1 (WC)
6. Ohio State 12-1(WC)
7. UCF 12-0
8. Washington 10-3
9. Michigan 10-2 (WC)
10. LSU 9-3 (WC)
11. Appalachian State 10-2
12. Washington St. 10-2 (WC)
13. Fresno State 11-2
14. Utah State 10-2
15. Buffalo 10-3
16. UAB 10-3

All these little conferences aren't going to get a spot at the table....

You take the excitement away from the season so less people watch.
This means lower TV deals.

Then you send some of that money to the Group of 5.

I guess if you want to narrow the gap between the Group of 5 and P5 this is a great idea.

For the Big XII it isn't
Less money for regular season
1 CFP team who receives less money than what they do now

All these little conferences aren't going to get a spot at the table....

You take the excitement away from the season so less people watch.
This means lower TV deals.

Then you send some of that money to the Group of 5.

I guess if you want to narrow the gap between the Group of 5 and P5 this is a great idea.

For the Big XII it isn't
Less money for regular season
1 CFP team who receives less money than what they do now

If your mind is closed keep your mouth closed.

Conferences want that money....

If you expand and take out CCG...the people who will be losing the money are making that decision.

Only one who wants that are conferences being left out.

I understand what your saying but I would assume that expanding the playoffs would bring in more money therefore each conference team could receive a share equal to what a conference game payout would be.

TVZ , I would settle for 8 , it needs to begin somewhere.

I understand what your saying but I would assume that expanding the playoffs would bring in more money therefore each conference team could receive a share equal to what a conference game payout would be.

TVZ , I would settle for 8 , it needs to begin somewhere.

Conferences get huge paydays because of the CCG.
They are in a way a play in game when it works out correctly.
That is money to the conference. Then you have play in games that people value because you have few spots.

With the CFP you will split the money based on each game.
All quarterfinalist receive the same
Semifinalist
Finalist.

So say you have 8 teams
1 from Big XII
3 from SEC
2 from B1G
1 from ACC
ND

This year the Big XII loses CCG that had 10 million viewers and was the third highest rated game of the year

Plus
If Oklahoma doesn't win the quarterfinal game the Big XII would get less CFP money

The reason why conferences went away from the BCS was that at the end 3 conferences were left out the majority of the time.

PAC, B1G and ACC.

You will never have that.
Only two conferences are whining B1G and PAC.
Unless there is a third conference the status quo continues.

ADVERTISEMENT