ADVERTISEMENT

Can you imagine a league SO bad that you only get

I think it's funny that Herd fans believe they're somehow above CUSA despite only winning one football championship and zero basketball championships in almost a decade of membership.

The rhetoric of their dominance of CUSA is completely unfounded and laughable.

I think it's funny that Herd fans believe they're somehow above CUSA despite only winning one football championship and zero basketball championships in almost a decade of membership.

The "Notre Dame" of the G5...or so I heard.

Almost as laughable as thinking you're in the top half of your conference when your overall record is 26-25...almost.

Almost as laughable as thinking you're in the top half of your conference when your overall record is 26-25...almost.

Too bad you don't use that same logic, when attempting to compare Marshall to WVU...o_O

Anyway...

Versus the Big 12, WVU has a winning record against 5 of the 10 members and a losing record against 3 of them..

I believe that puts WVU in the upper half....Even using your own logic, WVU is in the upper half.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Where WVU stands among its conference foes has no bearing at all on the fact that Marshall and every other CUSA member make five times less from their TV deal for the entire season than WVU earns from TV for every game.

Reactions: lenny4wvu and 30CAT
If the amount of W's and L's were all that mattered it would be Marshall rolling around in $30.4 million per year instead of us. Playing quality opponents pays very well.........playing a soft schedule gets its just reward also, to the tune of $200,000 a year.

If the amount of W's and L's were all that mattered it would be Marshall rolling around in $30.4 million per year instead of us. Playing quality opponents pays very well.........playing a soft schedule gets its just reward also, to the tune of $200,000 a year.

And, yet, even in a $200,000 conference with a $200,000 schedule the Herd has only managed one conference championship combined in the two major sports the past decade.

LOL.

dave, why did you spend all day on a message board on Saturday, when you could have assisted those in need during the flooding?

dave, why did you spend all day on a message board on Saturday, when you could have assisted those in need during the flooding?
I was sitting with a dying member of my family all day so other family members could have a break. Not that it is any of your business.

200 grand for TV rights?........I think Glenville gets more than that, and they don't have a TV contract

The Worldwide Leader In Sports wants nothing to do with that league.

The channel that is showing the NCAA women's bowling championship at 1pm today doesn't want CUSA football.

The channel that used to show Australian Rules Football doesn't want CUSA football.

The channel that covers curling doesn't want CUSA football.

The channel that covers the World Series doesn't want CUSA football. Not baseball, of poker, The World Series of Poker.

The channel that covers BattleFrog college championships doesn't want CUSA football.

That's how bad CUSA football is.

In their defense, they did have to deal with UCF, Memphis and Houston and those stalwarts would scare everyone.

Well, two of those teams have won a big 6 bowl more recently than wvu, so there's that.

The problem with cusa's TV contract isn't Marshall. We have 11 games on TV through the contract while the average school in CUSA has 4. It's not Marshall holding down the contract value.

Well, two of those teams have won a big 6 bowl more recently than wvu, so there's that.

The problem with cusa's TV contract isn't Marshall. We have 11 games on TV through the contract while the average school in CUSA has 4. It's not Marshall holding down the contract value.
So 11 games involving Marshall is worth less than 3 million bucks? I can see your point that Marshall is not holding CUSA back. WVU will get more than CUSA simply for the one tier 3 game they will sell.

So 11 games involving Marshall is worth less than 3 million bucks? I can see your point that Marshall is not holding CUSA back. WVU will get more than CUSA simply for the one tier 3 game they will sell.

You do understand that what you are saying is that if every school in Marshall's conference had the same value as Marshall, the TV contract would be 15 times as much. So thank you for that acknowledgement.

Of course the other side to that coin is that you should realize that the Big 12 contract is worth what it's worth not because of wvu, but due to Texas and Oklahoma. Just like ESPN and FOX aren't paying the Big 10 for the right to show Purdue vs Indiana on a Saturady afternoon, they aren't paying the Big 12 for wvu vs Iowa State. The top schools deliver the value, which is then divided among the conference. Boise is the only team that has capitalized on being the value team in the conference through their deal with the MWC.

You do understand that what you are saying is that if every school in Marshall's conference had the same value as Marshall, the TV contract would be 15 times as much. So thank you for that acknowledgement.

Of course the other side to that coin is that you should realize that the Big 12 contract is worth what it's worth not because of wvu, but due to Texas and Oklahoma. Just like ESPN and FOX aren't paying the Big 10 for the right to show Purdue vs Indiana on a Saturady afternoon, they aren't paying the Big 12 for wvu vs Iowa State. The top schools deliver the value, which is then divided among the conference. Boise is the only team that has capitalized on being the value team in the conference through their deal with the MWC.
WVU's tier 3 contract is worth more than 11 tv appearances for Marshall and it is based solely on WVU. The value of the Big12 contract would not exist withou every team.

Marshall is not adding great value to the CUSA deal because there is basically no value to the deal

Reactions: 30CAT
............if every school in Marshall's conference had the same value as Marshall, the TV contract would be 15 times as much.......... .

The CUSA's TV rights were worth a lot more without Marshall being part of the deal..........seems your beloved Herd isn't such an attraction at all.

The problem with cusa's TV contract isn't Marshall. We have 11 games on TV through the contract while the average school in CUSA has 4.

You do realize that the new TV deal from CUSA comes with the requirement that each program upgrades its broadcast equipment to ESPN HD quality. That comes with a price tag over $ 1 million in equipment costs alone, not including salaries of people to run that equipment. The conference payout is $ 200,000. So your 11 promised games may not happen at all. I feel for Marshall, they can't afford to stay in CUSA and can't afford to buy their way out.

if every school in Marshall's conference had the same value as Marshall, the TV contract would be 15 times as much.

I missed where the individual values of each CUSA school were ever created and published. Got a link to that? I'd love to see an unbiased valuation of Marshall's value of their potential TV rights versus the rest of CUSA.

Or are you just making it up based off your opinion?

98, you're beIN an idiot...

No matter whether it is lipstick, perfume or a tuxedo, a pig is still a pig.

marshal has no value....so what is 15 times zero....even you can figure that one out

Of course the other side to that coin is that you should realize that the Big 12 contract is worth what it's worth not because of wvu, but due to Texas and Oklahoma.......The top schools deliver the value, which is then divided among the conference.

Not only do Herdiots think they are the Notre Dame of the have nots, and the BYU of the East, They now consider themselves to be as important to CUSA as Texas and Oklahoma are to the Big 12. Herd logic never ceases to amaze those outside of Herdzakistan.

Okay buzzard, which CUSA football brand do you consider to be greater than Marshall's? If you look at the numbers we have the highest ticket revenue and highest rights and licensing revenue in the league, both by a fairly high margin.

I know it's your guys job to make fun of Marshall, and that some of you aren't all that smart and have a hard time grasping concepts, but on a relative basis, we are to CUSA as Ohio State is to the Big 10 and Southern Miss would be the conference's Michigan. We are the Texas and Oklahoma of CUSA. Conversely, you are to the Big 12 as Old Dominion is to CUSA, a middle of the pack team with potential, but just not ready to compete yet (if ever).

Reactions: 30Kelly
Okay buzzard, which CUSA football brand do you consider to be greater than Marshall's? If you look at the numbers we have the highest ticket revenue and highest rights and licensing revenue in the league, both by a fairly high margin.

I know it's your guys job to make fun of Marshall, and that some of you aren't all that smart and have a hard time grasping concepts, but on a relative basis, we are to CUSA as Ohio State is to the Big 10 and Southern Miss would be the conference's Michigan. We are the Texas and Oklahoma of CUSA. Conversely, you are to the Big 12 as Old Dominion is to CUSA, a middle of the pack team with potential, but just not ready to compete yet (if ever).

Oh my..........you are now as important to CUSA as Ohio State is to the Big 10.........yep. I hope you don't mind if I add that quote to my "things you will hear at a Marshall home game" thread. And if you do mind, it's too late, you said it, I didn't.

Last edited:
Like I said, not too smart and an inability to grasp concepts.

See if you can grasp this concept Rock98.........Marshall is trapped in a little conference that pays nothing. They cannot afford to stay in that conference and they cannot afford the buy out clause to move on........ . You are not Notre Dame, you are not Texas or Oklahoma, you're not Brigham Young or Boise State, you are just a little fish in a little pond. Grasping that concept yet?

Reactions: WVU82

So no links to facts showing Marshall's greater value over its' CUSA peers?

Gotcha.

This is an interesting angle. Relatively speaking Marshall is better than WVU because Marshall is more important to a league that literally exists in name only because every school in the league could get a better TV deal showing their games on youtube and getting paid by the view. WVU on the other hand is a middle of the pack team making merely 150 times more money for its TV deal but it is relatively worse because there are other teams who bring more value to the conference.

Marshall is also a nicer school to walk around on days that are sunny in Huntington and rainy in Morgantown. The education at Marshall is better on days where Marshall University is open and WVU is closed relatively speaking. Pick your wins Marshall.....WE ARE RELATIVELY BETTER!!!!!

Where WVU stands among its conference foes has no bearing at all on the fact that Marshall and every other CUSA member make five times less from their TV deal for the entire season than WVU earns from TV for every game.

WVU made $500,000 last year just in beer sales at football games............more than 2 1/2 times what CUSA pays Marshall for their TV rights. Must suck for them to know that.

" We are the Texas and Oklahoma of CUSA"......if that's true then Western Kentucky is the New England Freaking Patriots.........people like you should not be able to vote or breed

Wow, Florida Atlantic and Florida International (is that an airport) make more $$ than mighty Moo U?

Hell, I didn't even know those schools existed yet alone played football.

"Look at us, we're the best surfer in North Dakota" -- Rock98Dog
"Look at us, we're the tallest midget"-- Rock98Dog
"Look at us, we're at the top of our special ed class"-- Rock98Dog

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT