ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Cajuste to return for senior season

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – West Virginia University junior offensive tackle Yodny Cajuste has announced that he will return for his senior season in 2018.

"I'm excited to return to WVU and spend another year with a great group of teammates and be coached by the best offensive line coach in the country," Cajuste said. "I spent a lot of time talking with my family and coaches, putting much thought and prayer into this decision. Returning for my senior season gives me a chance to help this program make a championship run, and will further position me toward accomplishing my goals and dreams of playing in the NFL."

Cajuste, who graduated last week with a degree in multidisciplinary studies, was a 2017 All-Big 12 Second Team honoree. He started all 12 games this season and helped pave the way for the offense to rank among the nation's top 20 in passing and first down offense (12), total offense (16) and scoring offense (19). The offense line also was No. 9 nationally in fewest tackles for loss allowed and No. 28 in fewest sacks allowed.

"Yodny knows that we have unfinished business, and there is still plenty left to accomplish," Holgorsen said. "With continued development, Yodny will be one of the top offensive linemen in college football next season. The coaching staff and his teammates are excited that he is returning and wants to be a part of something very special next year. With Yodny anchoring the offensive line, it gives us a veteran group that has played a lot of snaps. He certainly has the talent to be one of our leaders next season."

This season, Cajuste helped lead the way for a 1,000-yard rusher, a 1,000-yard receiver and for the offense to pass for almost 3,900 yards. The offense passed for more than 300 yards in nine games and 350 in six games. It also rushed for more than 200 yards in six games, 250 in two games and also produced 500 or more yards in total offense in six games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT