ADVERTISEMENT

BYU believes it was close to BIG 12 bid

an interesting point....

"BYU is in the seventh year of an eight-year agreement with ESPN to televise the Cougars' home football games, and Holmoe called that relationship strong and beneficial for both sides. He said it is probably about time to start talking again about a contract extension with ESPN."

The information about their tv contract ending within a year is important at this time in correlation with Texas' AD stating he believes BIG 12 expansion could be revisited.

If BYU were to try to leave their current contract, that might be a problem right now (and a year ago) since their TV partner has a say in that--however, once that contract is up? As an independent they would be free and clear to do as they wish if an opportunity arose.

BYU having been close to being an addition recently would then be important if the school becomes free and clear of any encumbrance and indeed the BIG 12 chooses to follow what the Texas AD believes they very well might.

"Was really close"

Hmmh

Terry Holland at East Carolina once stated the school 'was pretty close' to joining the Big East.

That caught liar George O'Leary was telling recruits at UCF they were "real close" to being in the Big East too.

To be fair when everyone worth a darn left and it became the AAC or whatever it is, both left CUSA for greener pastures even though the $$$$ and opponents are the same for the most part.

Honestly what is an AD supposed to say when trying to keep attention on their school? Are they supposed to be honest and say, "you know we got no shot and are forever doomed in this Independent/G5 Hellhole we live in. And btw we need your $$$$$ in donations for a new addition for suites that you the general ticket buyer can't afford to sit in"?

If all these programs are close, I guess it is all relative when it comes to the word close. I guess I am so close to being named Greatest Of All Time at Everything.

Idk but I'll guarantee this thread goes over 10000 pages. If not it will be close.

Let's get to the tourneys and then spring ball.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
OMG...another expansion what if post. However did hear that Canada was thinking about expanding by annexing Montana and the Upper Michigan area.

What, specifically, about this subject bothers you so much?

Why are you so absolutely fixated on making sure no one discuss the subject of expansion in WVU's conference even amidst news and revelations about the matter?

This is a message board after all--so what troubles you so much about ANY discussion about this?

Reactions: bEER_Nation13
What, specifically, about this subject bothers you so much?

Why are you so absolutely fixated on making sure no one discuss the subject of expansion in WVU's conference even amidst news and revelations about the matter?

This is a message board after all--so what troubles you so much about ANY discussion about this?

this board is pretty dead, I think almost all topics especially with regards to sports, pro or college, should be allowed. I don't know why this main board is dead. Go to other teams rivals pages and their free boards are flooded with content. I was on UK board once reading some stuff, it was their football board and it felt like they went went through multiple pages in 1 game. Yet on here, we can have posts a week old or older on the 1st page. Very slow moving, barely any discussion. I posted a few threads on baseball last few days and not 1 reply. This board is dead. Perhaps, Blue Lot is different but this free Mountaineer Message Board is dead.

this board is pretty dead, I think almost all topics especially with regards to sports, pro or college, should be allowed. I don't know why this main board is dead. Go to other teams rivals pages and their free boards are flooded with content. I was on UK board once reading some stuff, it was their football board and it felt like they went went through multiple pages in 1 game. Yet on here, we can have posts a week old or older on the 1st page. Very slow moving, barely any discussion. I posted a few threads on baseball last few days and not 1 reply. This board is dead. Perhaps, Blue Lot is different but this free Mountaineer Message Board is dead.

Its been killed by trolls--few Mountaineer fans visit the Mountaineer boards anymore because when we post, we are immediately confronted with nonstop personal attack and derailing attempts, and other threads are a rinse, wash, repeat of attacks on the AD, coaches, players over and over and over.

Sad, truly pitiful that some--many of whom come from outside--have been able to destroy a means for Mountaineer fans to speak to one another like other universities enjoy.

Reactions: Bronco-eer
Its been killed by trolls--few Mountaineer fans visit the Mountaineer boards anymore because when we post, we are immediately confronted with nonstop personal attack and derailing attempts, and other threads are a rinse, wash, repeat of attacks on the AD, coaches, players over and over and over.

Sad, truly pitiful that some--many of whom come from outside--have been able to destroy a means for Mountaineer fans to speak to one another like other universities enjoy.

The thing that annoys me most is those people who post the same opinions over and over, ad nauseum, like the fire Dana crowd, the fire Huggins crowd, the Skyler critics, and yes, the Big 12 expansion folks.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Yep that's why I stopped paying. Not worth the hassle in getting upset. Used to visit these boards daily. Now maybe weekly.

I agree 100%!!

The anti-WVU trolls has caused me to visit this message board less now. Unfortunately I don't see it getting any better. The "good WVU sports" conversions and debates have become almost nonexistent.

I just watch the games and read real news when it happens. Smacktalk, endless speculation and self-righteous lecturing has become tedious and not worth a lot of time.

I guess a true wvu fan spends his time starting one expansion thread after another instead of paying attention to the 10th ranked Basketball team which has more relevance at this time then the endless rumors we have been hearing for the last 3 years.

Funny how some "fans" simply spend ALL of their time bashing real WVU fans on message boards--oh, that is when they aren't bashing WVU's coaches, and players, and AD--INCLUDING the current top ten rated basketball team. Or derailing threads.

It's also quite amazing that they don't realize on a message board its possible to talk about more than one subject at a time, or that when NEWS comes out about subjects related to WVU's athletics, real WVU fans might want to discuss those things--and that their negativity and trolling doesn't add anything. If they personally don't like a subject VOILA!!! they don't have to READ OR COMMENT.

Surprisingly, no one really cares about their trolling rants, but some real WVU fans are actually interested not just in what is happening right now at this moment, but long term in WVUs athletics and there are MANY things happening all the time.

I always wondered what the term real Wvu fan actually meant and what criteria one has to have to decide who is a real fan and who is not.

Personally I don't think expansion is dead until the Big12 sees what kind of an impact if any the Big12 Championship game has.

If it helps the Big12 then expansion is probably a non issue. If it needs to happen it's not like the Big12 doesn't have a group of schools waiting on an invite.

Funny how some "fans" simply spend ALL of their time bashing real WVU fans on message boards--oh, that is when they aren't bashing WVU's coaches, and players, and AD--INCLUDING the current top ten rated basketball team. Or derailing threads.

It's also quite amazing that they don't realize on a message board its possible to talk about more than one subject at a time, or that when NEWS comes out about subjects related to WVU's athletics, real WVU fans might want to discuss those things--and that their negativity and trolling doesn't add anything. If they personally don't like a subject VOILA!!! they don't have to READ OR COMMENT.

Surprisingly, no one really cares about their trolling rants, but some real WVU fans are actually interested not just in what is happening right now at this moment, but long term in WVUs athletics and there are MANY things happening all the time.
But can you talk about anything other than expansion?

But can you talk about anything other than expansion?

Odd statement from someone that only posts to troll others talking about anything or bash WVU athletics

Someone that has trolled 15,000 times since 2001, a huge number of those anti expansion trolling posts (betting at least 5,000 were just that and many of those just in the past few years.)

More trolling posts than I've ever made regular posts at all on this site, or probably on all sites combined. And absolutely 100% false that in the 3400 or so posts I've made since 2001 the only subject was expansion- especially considering there wasn't any expansion happening over most of the time I've posted here.

But like too many now, lies are your reality. And reality- such as the real news above-- you want nothing to do with , and you want to make sure it's hidden from everyone else as well.

Regardless, unlike you I have nothing to apologize for. Discussing real issues affecting WVUs present and future don't require apology. Including expansion of WVUs conference.

Derailing threads, posting hate and personal attack and lies-- thousands of times? You need to explain yourself and beg forgiveness for that matter. Certainly going to hell if there were such on message boards for a person incapable of doing anything but projecting endless negativity and hate like yourself.

Last edited:
Just because you don't support expansion, doesn't make you a troll.

That's what you don't get. You are a baby that cannot handle folks disagreeing with you, even when it is done respectfully.

Yes, only posting to attack WVU fans trying to discuss ANYTHING related to WVU, attacking players, coaches, the athletic department and university in your other posts makes you a troll.

There is nothing wrong with WVU fans discussing issues affecting WVU's current and future.

There is ALOT wrong with attempting to derail any conversation WVU fans have with anything WVU.

Now back to the issue at hand. There were issues related to BYUs inclusion the last go around. Reading the article it seems that BYU may have learned some things to improve their fortunes in that regard in the future. Time will tell.

However, they are probably releasing the knowledge of their contracts ending soon for a reason. They are letting it be known they have no bowl deals in place for a reason. That it comes around right when the Texas AD is commenting on expansion issues coming around again is interesting.

Geez Buck...at the risk of being called a "troll" once again by you, you certainly use the word "troll" a lot when folks don't see the wisdom in your posts. Just sayin'

Yes, only posting to attack WVU fans trying to discuss ANYTHING related to WVU, attacking players, coaches, the athletic department and university in your other posts makes you a troll.

There is nothing wrong with WVU fans discussing issues affecting WVU's current and future.

There is ALOT wrong with attempting to derail any conversation WVU fans have with anything WVU.
Why don't you learn the difference between news and speculation. The articles you post are not news they are speculation and stop calling people liars. The articles you have posted turn out to be nothing but lies in the end. The truth is the big 12 missed the boat on expansion.

This is Buckaineer when he hears the word expansion.

340889396_640.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT