ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Bye One and Done

Yeah cause Duke and U.K. never won before one and done was implemented! Same with Kansas, UCLA, UConn, and UNC. The blue bloods are ALL so screwed now because of ..... Oh wait, ... so this changes absolutely nothing in terms of who is winning the title and who isn't.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Yeah cause Duke and U.K. never won before one and done was implemented! Same with Kansas, UCLA, UConn, and UNC. The blue bloods are ALL so screwed now because of ..... Oh wait, ... so this changes absolutely nothing in terms of who is winning the title and who isn't.

One and done gone still has to help WVU. We’re talking about taking NBA players off their rosters. We rarely have those after 3 or 4 seasons.

Reactions: WVeers11
Now sUcK and Dook will have to pick crap with the chickens like everyone else.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...et-involved-high-school-level-once-again-espn

Not even close to what happens next. Whoever the Top 50 players are they will still go to the college programs that offer them the most. And that includes money, fake jobs and family benefits through boosters. So the same schools get the top players going to college. And the same colleges will be in the top 20 every year.

Reactions: Motormaster
One and done gone still has to help WVU. We’re talking about taking NBA players off their rosters. We rarely have those after 3 or 4 seasons.

Talking about probably 5-10 players. Say 50 if you want. So the best players at the WVUs of the world will now be at the Blue Bloods. So if 50 take this route then Duke lands 4 of the next 15 ranked players. Same teams dominate. LOL at the WVUs staying the same and Blood Bloods getting bent over. Thought you were part of the smart crowd.

If nba gets this development league right out of high school going it should really help

I don’t really have an opinion on this because I don’t know the issues or facts. Please educate me on the pros and cons on why this is good. Thanks!!!

Who really gives a shoot what the NBA or the NCAA does with regard to the top high school players. The fans at the college level won't notice a drop off in talent if the NBA takes the top 50 high school players. They may say they notice the drop in talent but they are just running that flapping jaw! Warez

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

That's how I viewed it too.

In tournament time, having NBA talent really matters.

Didn't Huggins say something like to win a NCAA championship you need to at least 2 NBA level talent players? I might be wrong.

I don’t see this view at all. Say the top 100 go nba and everyone competes for the next 100. Guess wehere they’re going. Yep UK and Duke.

I'd say once you get 100-200, doesn't the talent get more equal?

It's that 1-50 that are dominant talents, right?

I don’t really have an opinion on this because I don’t know the issues or facts. Please educate me on the pros and cons on why this is good. Thanks!!!
I think Huggins does great developing the 3 stars he gets and the Calibre of players he will recruit will not change. Duke,UNC,UK have been able to rely on natural talent and I don't think they put the effort into development that Huggs does.

There are nowhere near 100 LeBrons coming out of high school every year. I seriously doubt more than 20 will go from high school to the NBA, particularly after a few years of kids skipping college and not even making an NBA roster. The kids and their parents will wise up. College football shows how wise it is, even financially, to build your performance and resume in college and get millions as a reward. The more high school stars who are busts in the NBA, the more the situation will right itself. As for the NCAA, it is a toothless organization. The Power 5 given the right to make rules that the rest of the NCAA doesn't have proved that.

One and done probably helped WVU as it increased the pool of 4 year players for us to pick from.

I think Huggins does great developing the 3 stars he gets and the Calibre of players he will recruit will not change. Duke,UNC,UK have been able to rely on natural talent and I don't think they put the effort into development that Huggs does.

So your argument is that Blue Blood coaches only win because they have Top 50 players? These coaches can’t develop recruits ranked say 15th and higher. I can’t imagine much more than a handful going this route out of high school. What programs were winning the last time the NBA let high school kids into the league? I’m th8nking the same programs were always dominating and and will continue as long as they have a quality coach.

I'd say once you get 100-200, doesn't the talent get more equal?

It's that 1-50 that are dominant talents, right?

I would think so. My point is the best players will always end up at the factories. I get your point that the difference between kid ranked 23rd is way better(generally) than number 98. Whereas number 129 or 142 is not nearly as separated from number 98th. With that said my guess is UK and Duke are still top dog types no matter what the NBA does. Plus realistically 5-12 high school kids are what we’re talking about.

None of our current commits would be going to big time programs even with the one and done gone. It would definitely help WVU.

I would think so. My point is....

See you attempted to insult me earlier in the thread (as usual)....

You can type endless posts but at the end of EACH day nobody cares what you ‘think’ or respects what ’point’ you’re trying to make....

You try so hard....you fail even harder...,

But teams will not have 4-7 nba guys year in and out like has been the case with UK and some others

UK will always have the best players as long as JC is coach. What ever pool of players are out there JC will get the best of them.

See you attempted to insult me earlier in the thread (as usual)....

You can type endless posts but at the end of EACH day nobody cares what you ‘think’ or respects what ’point’ you’re trying to make....

You try so hard....you fail even harder...,

Hey people like me!!! You are hurtful. I feel sorry for your family. I don’t know who on earth would put up with you Miss. Even your family members must shake their heads at you. Lighten up.

You can type endless posts but at the end of EACH day nobody cares what you ‘think’ or respects what ’point’ you’re trying to make.
Speak for yourself, Kramer. Greg brings lots of value to this board, and many care about what he posts. He's one of the few that actually tell it like it is, and is typically spot on with his opinions. You could learn a lot by watching Greg. Have a take man, and don't suck.

The D league seems like the obvious place for kids with NBA level talent. They aren't planning to stay and graduate, so what does 1 year in college do for them?

There are nowhere near 100 LeBrons coming out of high school every year. I seriously doubt more than 20 will go from high school to the NBA, particularly after a few years of kids skipping college and not even making an NBA roster. The kids and their parents will wise up. College football shows how wise it is, even financially, to build your performance and resume in college and get millions as a reward. The more high school stars who are busts in the NBA, the more the situation will right itself. As for the NCAA, it is a toothless organization. The Power 5 given the right to make rules that the rest of the NCAA doesn't have proved that.

Well what about all the 1 and done college players who have performed well in NBA?

I just checked a 2018 NBA mock draft, there wasn't a single player older than 20 listed in the lottery picks, 5 were 19....9 were Freshman and 1 sophmore.

I assume that's probably reflective of most NBA drafts recently.

You really think that 1 year of college ball makes a difference, compared to playing in a D league against other nba players?

Even a NBA bust first round pick is a multi-millionaire. At that point, you can just return to school, pay for it yourself and if you're a bust you'd still only be 22.....not exactly behind in life.

NFL is bad comparison. A 18-19 year old isn't physically capable to play yet. At least the overwhelming majority couldn't.

The D league seems like the obvious place for kids with NBA level talent. They aren't planning to stay and graduate, so what does 1 year in college do for them?

UK would defeat the NBA D-League All Star team every time...and UK would probably have more 1st and 2nd round draft picks than the D-League...why??? Because they have more money to spend than the D-League...UK's money bucket is as bottomless as the Big12...I'll take what we have in Motown anytime...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT