ADVERTISEMENT

By The End Of The Basketball Season...

LowFatMilk

All-Conference
Apr 21, 2012
...some of you are going to be both surprised and upset.

The Virginia win was nice but we tend to trend more toward the Temple game.

Reactions: HugoStiglitz
We've won an average of 25.5 games a season under PressVirginia and average a 12-6 record in the best league in America....

Let's talk about trends

Reactions: finebaums ears

So you're saying,

Surprised we win Big 12. Upset because we lost Big 12 Championship Tournament game. I'll take it.

WVU beat Virginia, which today is ranked #10/#12.
Temple is unranked at 9-4, but beat Florida State, #25 today, and WVU, #11 today. And one of its losses was to #1 Villanova. Not exactly chopped liver.

Big 12 schedule will solve WVU's respect problems if the Mountaineers can roll through most of the games.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

So WVU has lost 1 game out of 12 and that's a trend? Sure makes sense.

I would be very surprised if the team imploded which is what I think the OP expects. We're basically the same team as last year, we will score our share of big wins and also an unforeseen loss or two

I would be very surprised if the team imploded which is what I think the OP expects. We're basically the same team as last year, we will score our share of big wins and also an unforeseen loss or two
We're better than last year.

Until we get scoring from the 5 spot with regularity, we definitely are not as good as last season.

Carter, Miles, and Phillip are duplicating their performances from last year

Ahmad had taken over Paige's scoring from the wing

Adrian is duplicating Holton's output and West is covering 2016 Adrian's part

And no one is filling in for Devin

Are we? The Temple loss balances out the UVA win. We were a 3 seed last year, there isn't a ton of room for improvement beyond that for regular season success

Yes, we're better than last year. We still produce turnovers, but with less fouling than we committed last year. We're deeper this year, and the scoring is spread among more players than last year, or years past. I think that qualifies as better than last year.

Our rotation is not bigger than last season's was at all

We play 9 guys with regularity

Carter
Miles
Ahmad
Adrian
Watkins

Phillip
Myers
Macon
West

Same as 2016

I think we will take off from here and go on a winning streak.

I think this team is at a crossroads. Baylor game showed what it can do when it's hitting on all cylinders. Oklahoma, Kansas State and even Texas show what happens when it is not. The key seems to be the turnovers. If WVU forces at least 10 more turnovers than it makes, good things happen. This funky, clunky stretch Press Virginia turned into Least Virginia. I can't wait to see what happens in February as a tuneup for March Madness. WVU can be in the penthouse or the outhouse. I hope it's the penthouse.

WVU went from trouncing #1 Baylor to going 1-2 (and almost 0-3) against 3 teams that won ONE Big 12 game and lost SEVENTEEN Big 12 games. That's horrendous. Something close to Baylor penthouse would make me happy about my alma mater.

Last edited:
Seasons not over. Would rather play bad now and be very good come March.

Coming back from mental mistakes is tougher than eliminating physical errors.

Seasons not over. Would rather play bad now and be very good come March.
I agree but only if we are "very good come March." The team that beat Baylor (and maybe #1 Kansas) needs to be there. But WVU can't coast through February and then hope to turn on the Baylor game mentality for 6 game in March Madness. Also, WVU has to win enough to get a seed at #4 or higher because that is a much easier path to the semis. #4 has as much chance of making the regional semis as #1, #2 and #3 because all 4 play about the same calibre of opponents.

We've won an average of 25.5 games a season under PressVirginia and average a 12-6 record in the best league in America....

Let's talk about trends

You can't say "best league in America" without grinning right? Not even close to the depth in the ACC. I haven't seen the rankings this week but with WVU falling to 18(read it in another thread) the league is like Kansas and no one else. Baylor will be lucky to make Sweet 16 and then there is WVU.

Come on man

This is a conference with teams that are very young on their Rosters. In another year ACC will be down looking up.

You can't say "best league in America" without grinning right? Not even close to the depth in the ACC. I haven't seen the rankings this week but with WVU falling to 18(read it in another thread) the league is like Kansas and no one else. Baylor will be lucky to make Sweet 16 and then there is WVU.

Come on man
Louisville 106 Pitt 51

There's that ACC depth he was talking about![laughing][poop]:thumbsdown::flush:

Come on man

Let's look at the record:
Big 12 is 97-21 in non-conference games. Even with Oklahoma and Texas being 12-11 in OOC games.
Baylor has NO OOC losses, Kansas, WVU, Kansas State, Texas Tech and TCU have ONE apiece, Oklahoma State has 2.
You look up the ACC OOC records and tell me they can go 8 teams deep and beat the Big 12's 85-10 by the top 8 Big 12 teams. Ha!
The Big 12 is easily the deepest conference in America today. Bar none!

Let's look at the record:
Big 12 is 97-21 in non-conference games. Even with Oklahoma and Texas being 12-11 in OOC games.
Baylor has NO OOC losses, Kansas, WVU, Kansas State, Texas Tech and TCU have ONE apiece, Oklahoma State has 2.
You look up the ACC OOC records and tell me they can go 8 teams deep and beat the Big 12's 85-10 by the top 8 Big 12 teams. Ha!
The Big 12 is easily the deepest conference in America today. Bar none!

Is ACC still rated top conference like last week right? LOL! Heard your little argument like that last year. I believe all year last year Big 12 viewed as super tough. how did the NCAAs go? Ahah ahaha! Same drill! How many top 15 teams in poll? How bout top 20? Keep fooling yourself buddy.

Louisville 106 Pitt 51

There's that ACC depth he was talking about![laughing][poop]:thumbsdown::flush:

Talking about Pitt I assume. Yep in last place in ACC as we post. Interesting that the last place team in the ACC beat Big Ten leader Maryland and was winning by 25 at Maryland. Last place team in ACC beat Marquette. The same Maquette team that is a top team Big East team that just beat #1 Villanova. The last place team you are referring to is the same team that beat the same Top 15 Virginia team that WVU beat. So thanks for making conference depth an easy argument for me. Hey you may want to do a little reasearch before you post like a drunk retard.

Is ACC still rated top conference like last week right? LOL! Heard your little argument like that last year. I believe all year last year Big 12 viewed as super tough. how did the NCAAs go? Ahah ahaha! Same drill! How many top 15 teams in poll? How bout top 20? Keep fooling yourself buddy.
Nice game against Louisville.

Talking about Pitt I assume. Yep in last place in ACC as we post. Interesting that the last place team in the ACC beat Big Ten leader Maryland and was winning by 25 at Maryland. Last place team in ACC beat Marquette. The same Maquette team that is a top team Big East team that just beat #1 Villanova. The last place team you are referring to is the same team that beat the same Top 15 Virginia team that WVU beat. So thanks for making conference depth an easy argument for me. Hey you may want to do a little reasearch before you post like a drunk retard.
What is the ACC record against the B12 this year? 1-6 incase you are Google challenged. Can you really be this stupid? Yes you are.

What is the ACC record against the B12 this year? 1-6 incase you are Google challenged. Can you really be this stupid? Yes you are.

NCAAs last year buddy. Google and check on ACCs performance. LOL! Then do the same for Big 12 LOL. Same deal as last year with this year. Internet tough guys in January but crickets in March LOL. Suck on that pal!

NCAAs last year buddy. Google and check on ACCs performance. LOL! Then do the same for Big 12 LOL. Same deal as last year with this year. Internet tough guys in January but crickets in March LOL. Suck on that pal!
The ACC has won only one out of seven this year. Not even competitive. You sir are a moron. Your Pitt education only qualifies you to be the village idiot.

Really! That's whatcha got LOL. How many Big East Titles? National Titles? Riffle only matters at WVU.
That's the way it is with Pitt. Always looking in the past because you know you have no future.

ADVERTISEMENT