ADVERTISEMENT

By benching Harris and Esa, and losing, team is lost

Nobody is more disappointed than me.
But if Beetlejuice spreads to other players than maybe a miracle resurrection is possible.
But it IS Huggins' tough job at WVU yet.
The veterans are what disappoint. They should be better than they were last season but they aren't, other than Beetle, who is amazing despite all the hurting in his body.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Nobody is more disappointed than me.
But if Beetlejuice spreads to other players than maybe a miracle resurrection is possible.
But it IS Huggins' tough job at WVU yet.
The veterans are what disappoint. They should be better than they were last season but they aren't, other than Beetle, who is amazing despite all the hurting in his body.

Couple of other guys don't ever need to see the court unless desperation.

Huggs created this mess. Why he thought all these guys could play is puzzling. He signed and recruited these guys.

Huggs needs to retire and let me coach the team. I know basketball. I have such a great eye for talent.

Huggs created this mess. Why he thought all these guys could play is puzzling. He signed and recruited these guys.

He also recruited those guys like Ebanks, Jones, Bryant who won the Big East. He also recruited those guys like Devin Williams, Dax Miles, JC, Jaysean Paige, Tarik Philips........

He also recruited those guys like Ebanks, Jones, Bryant who won the Big East. He also recruited those guys like Devin Williams, Dax Miles, JC, Jaysean Paige, Tarik Philips........
THis is a ‘what have you done for me lately’ world......and none of those players are out on the court.....

You were licking his balls at the start of the year. Now your biting them. What a fraud.

He did recruit the above-mentioned players but he/the staff also recruited Aaron Brown, Keaton Miles, Jabarie Hinds, Tommie McCune, Pat Forsythe, Kevin Noreen, Maciej Bender and Chase Harler. For every hit in recruiting, there have been gigantic misses and I am disappointed that we aren't recruiting better shooters with footspeed at this point in the program under Huggs. Maybe it's just not possible to recruit an elite class to WVU - Beilein's upward trajectory since leaving here makes me wonder.

Belien developed players better. I remember Frank Young when he was a freshmen. He wasn’t good. I watched him in workouts and played against him. I thought he was not good enough. Damn he improved over his career. Belien recruited smarter, better scorers. Belien is a flat out better coach than Sluggs, Huggs.

Tarik Phillip was no big time player. Stop getting all excited about a career bench player role player. Tarik was nowhere to be found vs Gonzaga in his last sweet 16. He was overwhelmed. He was better than the stiffs we currently have but that doesn’t say much. I liked his energy and toughness but your not getting to Final 4 or elite 8 with him starting. Dax was no bigtime player either. Just average. Bottom line Huggs needs to recruit better. The board bitched all year last year about Dax and how average he is and inconsistent he is. Even Huggs benched him for a few games for bad play. Trust me it wasn’t for the flu. Beetle just couldn’t cut it as a starter so he went back to Dax.

Bottom line is outside of JC you have to admit Huggs can’t sniff a bigtime guard. JC worked his butt off individually to make himself better.

Belien developed players better. I remember Frank Young when he was a freshmen. He wasn’t good. I watched him in workouts and played against him. I thought he was not good enough. Damn he improved over his career. Belien recruited smarter, better scorers. Belien is a flat out better coach than Sluggs, Huggs.

giphy.gif

Tarik Phillip was no big time player. Stop getting all excited about a career bench player role player. Tarik was nowhere to be found vs Gonzaga in his last sweet 16. He was overwhelmed. He was better than the stiffs we currently have but that doesn’t say much. I liked his energy and toughness but your not getting to Final 4 or elite 8 with him starting.

giphy.gif

Harris hasnt scored much or produced much on offense the last few games but he is solid on D and we missed that last night big time. I never looked at Harris as a leader like Esa was supposed to be, so the message Huggs is sending to him went over my head. Besides, Harris doesnt turn the ball over even close to the amount Esa does. Harris didnt single handedly blow it against KSU. His defensive presence would've made a big difference.

Beyond those guys, we just cant shoot and gave no G play. Brandon Knapper truly changed the game last night for the worse. He doesnt look Div1 at this point. 0-2fg 2TO and 3 fouls all in a fast 10 minute span that allowed OSU to go on a 17pt spurt. Chase Harler went 1-7 and McCabe went 0-5. These are not numbers that will win many games. Harler played over half the game and did nothing....sounds familiar, like every game all year for him.

There's no excuse as to why Huggins has been missing so much on recruiting players. I'm tired of the old "no one wants to play at WVU" because he brought in top notch classes at Kansas ST and his 2nd recruiting class there was ranked the top in the nation. He also brough in excellent assistants to help with recruiting such as Brad Underwood and Frank Martin. Maybe a change in assistants is needed and a complete overhaul of the recruiting here at WVU.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT