ADVERTISEMENT

Buford, what's your take on the Texas game...

MikeRafone

All-Conference
Oct 5, 2011
with that team from Oklahoma and their little red wagon tomorrow? You might be a nut, but you seem to have a handle on things UT.

Posted this on the main board.

Tired of having a flame war with people who make Arkansas fans look witty and intelligent

Why OU will win
1) Texas gets confused in the secondary
2) Texas' offense can't keep pace
3) Kyler Murray breaks for big runs

Why UT win will
1) OU is horrible on third down
2) Turnovers
3) Texas wants in more

What I think will happen
If OU doesn't jump on Texas and put them in a hole Texas will win
The game might be tied at half. With temps being in the high 90's on the field if OU plays like last year Texas wins.

Thinking this game will be like last year but OU jumping out to a 14-0 lead but Texas winning 27-21.
With a late TO by Murray

LOL!

Many people in Arkansas originally migrated there from this region in the 1800's, they're a lot alike. So did a lot of people in East Texas. When I used to hear people around Marshall talk, I could close my eyes and pretend I was home, the accents are nearly identical to southern WV.

Thanks for the info and stick around. You're too damned funny to put on ignore.

Posted this on the main board.

Tired of having a flame war with people who make Arkansas fans look witty and intelligent

Why OU will win
1) Texas gets confused in the secondary
2) Texas' offense can't keep pace
3) Kyler Murray breaks for big runs

Why UT win will
1) OU is horrible on third down
2) Turnovers
3) Texas wants in more

What I think will happen
If OU doesn't jump on Texas and put them in a hole Texas will win
The game might be tied at half. With temps being in the high 90's on the field if OU plays like last year Texas wins.

Thinking this game will be like last year but OU jumping out to a 14-0 lead but Texas winning 27-21.
With a late TO by Murray
I think the big issue in this game is that UT has played 1 top 50 offense this year (#50 Maryland) and that did not end well for Texas. I don't see Texas holding OU under 30 or scoring over 24 points on OU. This is your first game against one of the top tier teams in the league.
OU 34 UT 24.

I'm not impressed with the Texas QB. Don't see how Texas can keep pace with OU and Murray . Texas might be a good spot for Bryant transfer

LOL!

Many people in Arkansas originally migrated there from this region in the 1800's, they're a lot alike. So did a lot of people in East Texas. When I used to hear people around Marshall talk, I could close my eyes and pretend I was home, the accents are nearly identical to southern WV.

Someone is defending the Piggies...

I think the big issue in this game is that UT has played 1 top 50 offense this year (#50 Maryland) and that did not end well for Texas. I don't see Texas holding OU under 30 or scoring over 24 points on OU. This is your first game against one of the top tier teams in the league.
OU 34 UT 24.

Yards per game are one of the most overrated statistics in Football.
Texas since 2015 is one of three teams to hold Oklahoma under 30 points.
Texas did it twice
Ohio State did it once
Clemson did it once

I'm not impressed with the Texas QB. Don't see how Texas can keep pace with OU and Murray . Texas might be a good spot for Bryant transfer

I wish you could add Will Grier's deep ball to him.
Then he would be an elite QB. He has everything else.

His issue is the offense but it will ultimately help him.
With WV's offense Will Grier has maybe one or Two reads. The AirRaid is a very simple offense.
Tom Herman has added a lot of the NFL to his offense
Reason why Buechele looked great in the veer and shoot and horrible in Herman's offense.
Is the checkdowns and the 3 to 4 reads.
Plus Ehlinger can change any play he wants at the line.

You saw with Penn St what happens when the coach calls the play the QB can't change at the line

We nearly went to war with the state of KY. in the 1880's over two cross-border families having a feud over hogs. You may have heard of them, the heroic Hatfield's, and the loathsome, low-down McCoy's of Pike Co. KY.? Both states were calling up their militia's before the Federal Govt. got a hold on it. I'd be careful about what you say about swine on this board.

There are still some minor feuds going on in Kentucky. It seems to be the state sport?

Yards per game are one of the most overrated statistics in Football.
Texas since 2015 is one of three teams to hold Oklahoma under 30 points.
Texas did it twice
Ohio State did it once
Clemson did it once
Going on points per game. Not sure how you can argue the lack of importance in scoring points. You guys really have not face a good offense yet. Because it is a rivalry you may keep it closer than you should.

Going on points per game. Not sure how you can argue the lack of importance in scoring points. You guys really have not face a good offense yet. Because it is a rivalry you may keep it closer than you should.

Points per drive are a lot more important.
Like I said Texas held OU to under 30 points 2 of the last three years.
By all statistics this defense is a lot better than last year.

I wish you could add Will Grier's deep ball to him.
Then he would be an elite QB. He has everything else.

His issue is the offense but it will ultimately help him.
With WV's offense Will Grier has maybe one or Two reads. The AirRaid is a very simple offense.
Tom Herman has added a lot of the NFL to his offense
Reason why Buechele looked great in the veer and shoot and horrible in Herman's offense.
Is the checkdowns and the 3 to 4 reads.
Plus Ehlinger can change any play he wants at the line.

You saw with Penn St what happens when the coach calls the play the QB can't change at the line
You would think with all the great high school qbs in Texas that UT would be able to get them more often. Trace mcsorley and Grier worked out together at some camp two summers ago. If you watched the osu ped state game trace and one of his starting receivers were high school teammates at briar woods they went through Virginia 4 a with ease for several years

You would think with all the great high school qbs in Texas that UT would be able to get them more often. Trace mcsorley and Grier worked out together at some camp two summers ago. If you watched the osu ped state game trace and one of his starting receivers were high school teammates at briar woods they went through Virginia 4 a with ease for several years

Will Grier is a great QB but he wouldn't fit into Texas' offense

His accuracy is not the best and he is prone to interceptions
Not taking anything away from him because he has a great deep ball but I would much rather have a QB like Nick Fitzgerald or Sam Ehlinger

Points per drive are a lot more important.
Like I said Texas held OU to under 30 points 2 of the last three years.
By all statistics this defense is a lot better than last year.
You have the #31 defense and faced an average of the #80 offense. Texas beat two ranked teams that will likely end up being 6-6 teams at best. Not sure how you think finishing 2017 at #30 is not as good as your #31 defense that has 4 teams left on the schedule with top 21 offenses. Not that you can understand facts and stats.

Will Grier is a great QB but he wouldn't fit into Texas' offense

His accuracy is not the best and he is prone to interceptions
Not taking anything away from him because he has a great deep ball but I would much rather have a QB like Nick Fitzgerald or Sam Ehlinger
That explains a lot.

Airport, it's a bit like when JoePa would get his pick of all of those All-American QB's in PA and mange to turn them into average college ones or linebackers.

When you recruit a kid of that level you're generally stuck with telling him he'll be the only QB in the class or he's going to start looking around. If he's a dud, you're stuck with him and you're missing a QB for that class.

Still ol' Joe did have the magic touch when it came to turning excellent HS QB's into stiffs.

You have the #31 defense and faced an average of the #80 offense. Texas beat two ranked that will likely end up being 6-6 teams at best. Not sure how you think finishing 2017 at #30 is not as good as your defense that has 4 teams left on the schedule with top 21 offenses. Not that you can understand facts and stats.

Total Defense is one of the most useless stats in CFB.
Ask anyone in the country who would they want to face on defense

Cincinnati
Texas
LSU

Everyone would say Top 10 Cincinnati.

That explains a lot.

I see that NFL mock drafts have Grier in the first round

He is a great QB and all but he won't be a first round pick.
Maybe second round

That is not an insult because Drew Brees was a second round pick but saying that NFL scouts will not be high on him

Especially in week 5 because you have teams who have played different SOS

Hold onto your statistics as the gospel of the truth
Thanks for making my point about how you over value a Texas defense who has only played one average offense. You have 4 very good offensive teams to play before the season is out.

I think you may be the one slightly confused
Texas played 4 P5 schools and 1AAC schools

A lot of those schools in the Top 20 played 1 FCS school and 1 low conference FBS school from the Sunbelt or CUSA
The best offensive team is Maryland at #50. You have not played a good offense yet. There really is nothing confusing about how bad the offenses are that Texas has beat.

You have the #31 defense and faced an average of the #80 offense. Texas beat two ranked teams that will likely end up being 6-6 teams at best. Not sure how you think finishing 2017 at #30 is not as good as your #31 defense that has 4 teams left on the schedule with top 21 offenses. Not that you can understand facts and stats.

USC has the #4 best roster in CFB. They won't lose 6 games.
They will be 9-2 going into the ND game

The best offensive team is Maryland at #50. You have not played a good offense yet. There really is nothing confusing about how bad the offenses are that Texas has beat.

Maybe that has to do with playing Texas.
20% of the data.
Everyone was talking how explosive TCU was after the Ohio St game.
Your narrative is missing in action

Maybe that has to do with playing Texas.
20% of the data.
Everyone was talking how explosive TCU was after the Ohio St game.
Your narrative is missing in action
LOL, Yea Temple is the team that dragged Maryland's average down not Texas. You Guys are funny with your delusion.

I see that NFL mock drafts have Grier in the first round

He is a great QB and all but he won't be a first round pick.
Maybe second round

That is not an insult because Drew Brees was a second round pick but saying that NFL scouts will not be high on him
You might be the only person who thinks he's not that good. I have no idea how he will play tomorrow or the game after that. The one thing I'm sure of is Texas qb, is not in the top 3

You might be the only person who thinks he's not that good. I have no idea how he will play tomorrow or the game after that. The one thing I'm sure of is Texas qb, is not in the top 3

Don't try to change the words around.
You are much smarter than that.

I said Will Grier does not have the qualities to be considered a franchise QB and be drafted in the first round.

He could get lucky and get drafted by a team like the LA Rams or Washington and look great under their coaching staff in an emergency situation and then be made a starter.

I said Will Grier does not have the qualities to be considered a franchise QB and be drafted in the first round.

He could get lucky and get drafted by a team like the LA Rams or Washington and look great under their coaching staff in an emergency situation and then be made a starter.
Talk about changing the narrative. You said he has small hands, inaccurate. He is head and shoulders better than erhlinger. Texas has good players around him. You are going to need a really good effort to beat o u. You need to make murray beat you, limit turnovers and keep good field position. No short fields

LOL!

You must have a terrible ear for accents.
The Southern Appalachian accent or Hillbilly accent is one of the strongest and most distinct you will still hear.
I can automatically tell that someone is from Eastern KY, Southern WV, Western NC and Eastern TN.

Marshall is more of a South Midland mixed with Lowland South/Plantation accent.
The older generations still have a strong Plantation accent that is much softer and slower than the South Midland accent.
The accents of Texas are going away as they are stronger older you get and further you are away from the major cities.

Plantation? You mean all the descendant's of slaves in Easy Texas?

I'm surprised they had time to develop an accent as the average lifespan of a Texas field hand was a year and a half? If you're talking about the scum who owned them, I wouldn't be bragging about sounding like them.

Plantation? You mean all the descendant's of slaves in Easy Texas?

I'm surprised they had time to develop an accent as the average lifespan of a Texas field hand was a year and a half? If you're talking about the scum who owned them, I wouldn't be bragging about sounding like them.

I was attempting to explain the different accents of the South. There are about 10 of them.
The plantation accent has been changed to the lowland accent because of political correctness.
It is an area from Georgia to Deep East Texas.
Doesn't include South Louisiana and the Northern portions of the Deep South.
I guess they called it the plantation accent because the social scientist who began to divide the accents in the 1940's thought it should have been called that.

Your Yankee diatribe about what I said is entertaining.

You lost me at.....Don’t. This is bullshit and the 10% of you that isn’t a troll knows it.

WV is in the South, my friend. And we are Southerners. Always have been, always will be. Texas, however, is in the Southwest, and you can't change that by dreaming of "Gone With The Wind". We had political leaders who weren't foolish enough to let us secede with East Virginia. The Mason-Dixon line runs just north of Morgantown, it's part of the border with PA.

Mason and Dixon were supposed to extend their survey to the Ohio River, but thy got scared 20 miles shy of it. They beat it back to East Virginia, The Drunken State. That's how the little sliver of land we call our Northern Panhandle came to be. We keep trying to get rid of it but nobody wants it? In some towns there they put beans in their hotdog chili, pure intestinal poison. We all have our Panhandles to bear.

WV is in the South, my friend. And we are Southerners. Always have been, always will be. Texas, however, is in the Southwest, and you can't change that by dreaming of "Gone With The Wind". We had political leaders who weren't foolish enough to let us secede with East Virginia. The Mason-Dixon line runs just north of Morgantown, it's part of the border with PA.

Mason and Dixon were supposed to extend their survey to the Ohio River, but thy got scared 20 miles shy of it. They beat it back to East Virginia, The Drunken State. That's how the little sliver of land we call our Northern Panhandle came to be. We keep trying to get rid of it but nobody wants it? In some towns there they put beans in their hotdog chili, pure intestinal poison. We all have our Panhandles to bear.

Someone is triggered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT