ADVERTISEMENT

Buddy Hield Quote

By all the accounts I've seen or read on Heild, he seems like a great competitor and really good guy. He's complimented WVU several times when they have beaten us and he's had great games, and he's done it in defeat. Very classy guy. OU has a real nice one.

Great game and congrats to the Mountaineers on a big win. I love that gritty, aggressive, smothering press defense that Huggins plays, except when it's against OU. They did an outstanding job of taking Hield out of the game and forced the other 4 to win the game. We might have had one or two games this season where Hield was slowed down during a half, but not for an entire game. Incredible defensive effort last night.

Best of luck tonight against KU and during March Madness. Your guys will go far in the Big Dance.

Great game and congrats to the Mountaineers on a big win. I love that gritty, aggressive, smothering press defense that Huggins plays, except when it's against OU. They did an outstanding job of taking Hield out of the game and forced the other 4 to win the game. We might have had one or two games this season where Hield was slowed down during a half, but not for an entire game. Incredible defensive effort last night.

Best of luck tonight against KU and during March Madness. Your guys will go far in the Big Dance.

CLASS!
PURE CLASS!

It is why the Big XII and every school and their fanbases are the best.

Reactions: dunnfad1
Last night was one of the greatest execution of a defensive game plan I have seen in many many years. No one is better than Hugs (tubby cough, cough)

It was more than just barricading Hield from the action.
The best quards combination in the Big 12, even when they didn't turn it over, bobbled the ball again and again because Press Virginia got into their jerseys and their heads.

I hope WVU, Oklahoma and Kansas are in different quadrants of March Madness so that all 3 have a shot at the Final Four without meeting each other first.

Last night was one of the greatest execution of a defensive game plan I have seen in many many years. No one is better than Hugs (tubby cough, cough)

Exactly! It's a joke that Huggs wasn't the coach of the year. Or Bill Self. I feel like the COY award is going to guys who improve crappy teams instead of guys who take good team to great or guys who have great teams and keep them there. That takes a LOT of coaching ability to do as well. But, in our society, too many people think going from 12-18 to 18-12 or whatever is "great"......

After watching Hield in game play and post game interviews throughout the season, I am a huge fan. Obviously he is a great player. Height, quickness, athleticism, prolific scorer of the ball from anywhere.

What really impresses me is the guys attitude and respect for the game and others. Watching him smile and embrace Paige in the handshake line last night shows the guy is bigger than the game. He just has a 50 ft winning shot disallowed by 2 hundredths of a second and handles himself like that. I wish him all the best.

Who was it on here saying maybe the team shouldn't write checks with their mouth?

Exactly! It's a joke that Huggs wasn't the coach of the year. Or Bill Self. I feel like the COY award is going to guys who improve crappy teams instead of guys who take good team to great or guys who have great teams and keep them there. That takes a LOT of coaching ability to do as well. But, in our society, too many people think going from 12-18 to 18-12 or whatever is "great"......

Tubby, Huggins, and Self all did a fantastic job this year. They weren't going to give it to a coach that won it last season and they sure as hell weren't going to give to a coach thats won 12+ Big 12 consecutively.

Kudos to all three of them, and Kruger from OU also. This is a great basketball conference.

Reactions: BarbieQdCouch
99% of superstars would have been visibly frustrated last night, but Hield had confidence and a level head all the way through, pretty impressive.

"That's the best I've been defended my whole career," Hield said. "They said they weren't going to let me score. They were talking to me saying they weren't going to let me score. They really meant it."
He's been a very classy individual, but that being said, I am glad we won't face him again unless we somehow meet in the tourney. That kid is something else on the court.

Buddy was a class act - him and Paige had a moment right after the game as did Prince from Baylor did after our last game. Love the Big12. Competition AND respect.

You same fanboys posting at me then are now hating on our program. Typical wanna-be's.
Not hating on our program. I don't think the term "wanna-be" means what you think it means.

I posted something complimentary about the WVU basketball team and you somehow found a way to take offense to it.

Sounds like you "want to be" a MU or Pitt fan.

Its comical to me that you take something like fanboy and try to own it.

Fprio in fact was the first to use the term 'fanboy' (as an insult) on an (web based) Internet forum. If I recall he would use it (seemingly endlessly) around 1996 as an insult while most people off the newly developing web still considered it a neutral or even flattering term.

....and he would later go on to coin the word 'Asshat'. ...among countless others...

Why the hate ?

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Oh the irony...'Internet troll' (although he wouldn't include the word Internet...while using it on the web)is also credited to Fprio.

Exactly right Orlaco, Frank would never use the work "internet".... I've always said, and it has been proven that fanboy posters that use the word "internet" to show their "internetedness" post such thing from their mothers basement..

Exactly right Orlaco, Frank would never use the work "internet".... I've always said, and it has been proven that fanboy posters that use the word "internet" to show their "internetedness" post such thing from their mothers basement..

...wait, I post from Mammy's basement....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT