ADVERTISEMENT

Brown’s Doege over Green

There goes the Major

All-Conference
Feb 2, 2005
I’d like to officially call Brown’s insistence in playing Doege in 2021 so much over developing Greene a bad decision. Doege didn’t help us much and it would have been nice to have had Greene play better last year and early this year. There’s a rumor as to why 2021 happened that way but i won’t mention it. Greene surprised me this year and has been solid lately

Last edited:
I’d like to officially call Brown’s insistence in playing Doege in 2021 so much over developing Greene a bad decision. Doege didn’t help us much and it would have been nice to have had Greene play better last year and early this year. There’s a rumor as to why 2021 happened that way but i won’t mention it. Greene surprised me this year and has been solid lately
It's easy to do that now but don't forget that Greene was still learning and that's a nice way of putting it. He didn't understand the offense and needed time to develop. Now personally, I would have played him more but what Neal did was normal for a guy with Greene's experience and limited ability in some areas like the passing game.

Reactions: Chefcal82
Every time Greene stepped on the field back then it seemed like he ran for a first down. Doege was terrible on the other hand. Neal loved him though. Glad that dude is gone. What gets me is how in the hell there was a real, legit QB competition this past offseason. Was there a sign that Nicco was even close to as good in practice? On the field its not even close who should have been named the starter long ago. Its really not even close. Its good to see Greene playing so well. He is a true Mountaineer and has been since he arrived.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT