ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: SABAN RETIRING

I'm not shocked. With so many Bama players hitting the portal coupled with whispers for the past 6 months, I was expecting it.

8bxwye.jpg

Guarantee Saban has chosen his replacement.
Swinney would never give a straight answer when asked if he would leave for Alabama..just the canned..I love Alabama and always will, but I love it here (Clemson) to...he will owe 7.5 million if he leaves..

Swinney would never give a straight answer when asked if he would leave for Alabama..just the canned..I love Alabama and always will, but I love it here (Clemson) to...he will owe 7.5 million if he leaves..
Don't think Saban would choose Swinney.

he can recommend someone, however, that is a state school and he is a state employee
Lanning is the front runner for the job. Oregon has the money to match Alabama dollar for dollar and then some. Really will depend on if Lanning wants to choose to move.

Can't see Dabo leaving Clemson especially since he claims he doesn't like NIL and refuses to use it. It showed in Clemson this year that you can't go against the system even if it is dirty. Alabama will not stand for that.

As far as state employee Saban could run for Governor of Alabama and win in a landslide. They will listen to him and follow.

Two other possibles are NFL guys. Vrabel was just fired by the Titans and Dan Quinn of the Cowboys. If none of those work out they will dig down to the bottom of their wish list.

Lane Kiffin
Steve Sarkisian
Kalen DeBoer

Replacing a legendary coach is one of the toughest tasks in football. When Bryant retired in 1982, New York Giants coach Ray Perkins took over the Crimson Tide program. Two years later, Alabama posted its first losing season in 27 years. When Mack Brown retired at was forced to retire at Texas, Charlie Strong went 16-21 over the next three seasons. Saban's successor will have the toughest task of living up to the lofty expectations of leading the Alabama football program as arguably the greatest coach to ever do it rides off into the sunset.

Georgia is going to be the new power of the SEC for next decade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT