ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News:

Should be a rough year for Pitt hoops next year. Probably won't be much fun. Hopefully Huggy will have WVU in good shape next year. So the year won't be a total loss.
WVU is looking at having a top 10 team while Pitt will be looking for ten wins. Sad to see there athletic department in such bad shape.

I'm not one of the ones talking about pitt, but what is so bad about our program? Do you really believe we are in as bad of shape as you all make it seem?
I never said we are bad but at the moment there is nothing special on the football side. Going to the liberty, Cactus and Russel athletic bowls isn't going to make anyone jealous of our program. Would you really care if a pitt fan or any other former rival came on here talking smack over going to those bowls? The only game we won was the cactus. Its not like 10 years ago when we were going to the fiesta, Suger and gator. People bitched after the south florida loss in 2006 which sealed are fate in the gator. The gator at the time was better than any of the 3 bowls we have been to recently.

I know you aren't the one hating on pitt. There is a disparity on the basketball side at the moment not so much in football. Also the russel atheletic Bowl use to be the champs bowl which was part of the old big east bowl tie in. We didn't exactly covet that bowl when were big east members.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rootmaster
WVU is looking at having a top 10 team while Pitt will be looking for ten wins. Sad to see there athletic department in such bad shape.

Just hoops is hurting. No doubt gonna be a rough year. Here's hoping Huggy can keep it going in regular season and do a little bit better in NCAAs.

Just hoops is hurting. No doubt gonna be a rough year. Here's hoping Huggy can keep it going in regular season and do a little bit better in NCAAs.
I would really prefer Pitt have a better team. Always enjoyed those games in the coliseum. They are dumpster fire right now. Is their new coach any good and is he bringing in any talent?

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Well maybe he thinks your a pitt fan because you seem to know allot about pitt basketball at least more than most. Not sure why you really care. I would imagine most pitt fans are jealous that we have a possible future hall of fame coach in Huggins. Now on the football side I doubt many pitt fans are envious of wvu football at the moment. Its not like its 2007. I notice you seem to be avoiding this part of the debate. Shirley you can come up with something.

Btw I know it should be Surely
Just relating what i have read on this board. Never visited a PITTY board therefore my knowledge is limited as to their numbers.......Knott

Is spooky still upset and on the rag? Relax spooky it's summer time. I like how you call us out as wise cracking legends, I'll take it because it could be a lot worse.
I support my alma mater no matter what conference we play in. Big 12, acc, sec I really don't care because I follow wvu. I'm not sure who you support nor do I care. The last time I checked wvu is in a P5 conference, the athletic Dept is killing it and competing with the best in the NCAA. That's good enough for me, sorry it doesn't work for you.

Larry = MntnEERinSC
Moe = hbeacheer
curly = still5

The 3 big 12 homer stooges of the week congrats

I would really prefer Pitt have a better team. Always enjoyed those games in the coliseum. They are dumpster fire right now. Is their new coach any good and is he bringing in any talent?

Agree. Those games were so awesome when both teams were good. Stallings was probably a poor hire. To early but doesn't seem like a good program transition selection. 9 new players. Who the hell knows what kind of talent is on that team. I'm assuming Pitt will suck next year.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Is spooky still upset and on the rag? Relax spooky it's summer time. I like how you call us out as wise cracking legends, I'll take it because it could be a lot worse.
I support my alma mater no matter what conference we play in. Big 12, acc, sec I really don't care because I follow wvu. I'm not sure who you support nor do I care. The last time I checked wvu is in a P5 conference, the athletic Dept is killing it and competing with the best in the NCAA. That's good enough for me, sorry it doesn't work for you.
Yep, I'll take being called a homer any day of the week!! I refuse to be miserable about my team, especially in a off season full of hope!! More power to anyone that would rather dwell on the negative!!

Reactions: hbeacheer
Yep, I'll take being called a homer any day of the week!! I refuse to be miserable about my team, especially in a off season full of hope!! More power to anyone that would rather dwell on the negative!!

You would only be a Big12 homer if you ignored the dysfunction of the Big12. You would only be a Big12 homer if you acted like the conference was respected by the national media. And finally you would also be a Big12 homer if you lied to yourself, or any other human being, about how poorly Conference teams perform in big games on a national stage. Root for WVU til the cows come home. All in for WVU is the only way to be.

Awesome news about QB being eligible for VaTech!

You would only be a Big12 homer if you ignored the dysfunction of the Big12. You would only be a Big12 homer if you acted like the conference was respected by the national media. And finally you would also be a Big12 homer if you lied to yourself, or any other human being, about how poorly Conference teams perform in big games on a national stage. Root for WVU til the cows come home. All in for WVU is the only way to be.

Awesome news about QB being eligible for VaTech!
Far from a Big 12 homer, like you, I think we belong in the ACC. I also don't complain about the Big 12, cause it's much better than our other options at the time, and hell, me complaining won't change squat. Honestly couldn't care less about how others view the conference, it is what it is and I can't change it. I'll just root for WVU with all I have and hope that at the end of the day we end up in a good situation if the conferences implodes.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Far from a Big 12 homer, like you, I think we belong in the ACC. I also don't complain about the Big 12, cause it's much better than our other options at the time, and hell, me complaining won't change squat. Honestly couldn't care less about how others view the conference, it is what it is and I can't change it. I'll just root for WVU with all I have and hope that at the end of the day we end up in a good situation if the conferences implodes.

Well said!

So GregJacobs and Spooky say Pitt is no longer a relevant and should not be talked about. But they have replied in this thread a total of 29 times

GegJacobs - 22 replies
Spooky - 7 replies

EDIT: I was bored. Big deal.

Last edited:
So GregJacobs and Spooky say Pitt is no longer a relevant and should not be talked about. But they have replied in this thread a total of 29 times

GegJacobs - 22 replies
Spooky - 7 replies

EDIT: I was bored. Big deal.

Funny way to spend your time loser haha!!! Some of you guys are my Rivals puppet. You're just the next good with Pitt on your brain LOL.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
14 of the 15 ACC and a total of 28 of 29 ACC/B1G basketball members are participating in the B1G/ACC Basketball challenge. PITT is absent from the fray.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT